Windows 10: Two Monitor Display Issue: Wide screen & standard width

Discus and support Two Monitor Display Issue: Wide screen & standard width in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two monitors. The main monitor is a wide screen, while the 2nd monitor is not. The second monitor displays Google (or Facebook) as if it were a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by brdlysct, Jan 6, 2019.

1. brdlysct Win User

Two Monitor Display Issue: Wide screen & standard width

I have two monitors. The main monitor is a wide screen, while the 2nd monitor is not. The second monitor displays Google (or Facebook) as if it were a widescreen two. The display cuts off the right hand side of the screen and sometimes there's no option to scroll right. I'd rather not scroll right if I can. I've tried to lower the screen resolution but that just cuts off the top of the screen. What else can I try?

:)

brdlysct, Jan 6, 2019

2. Display width to height ratio not correct in windows 10

I update computer from Windows 7 to windows 10, but now my display is not right. Using analogue cable to monitor. I have wide screen but squares are now stretched longer in horizontal direction. Display options (1280x1024) does not give the right width
    to height ratio (should be1920x1080) . How to solve

Marius de Goeje, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Emachine Monitor E18OHV Display issue

It will not display properly in 16:9 mode, no correct setting. I have to run in standard view which defeats the purpose of having a wide screen monitor.

Tried different resolutions available but non display correctly.

WalterPfefferle, Jan 6, 2019
  4. FL Bill Win User

Wide Screen Display Problem

On Nov. 24, 2017 images on my wide screen display became distorted. Icons on my desk top which were round became elongated. The vertical diameter measured 1.5 centimeters, whereas the horizontal diameter measured 2.0 centimeters. Sharpness of the images
    deteriorated.

My monitor is a HP S2031, which is 20 inches calls for a resolution of 1600, 900. When I tried to change resolution by
    Start>Settings>Display>Advance display settings.......Resolutions, there were three choices: 1280 1024,
    1024 768 (recommended) and 800 600, but no 1600 900.

I went to the monitor Menu, found on the face of the monitor and explored. Finally I had some results with:
    Menu>MainMenu>ImageControl>AutoAdjustment. The distortion was eliminated, but wide screen was eliminated also. I explored more and found "How to set screen resolution to 1600 X 900 in Windows 10-
    Microsoft Communit
    y" which is a similar problem thought to be related to a Windows 10 update on Nov. 24. This effort addressed updating the drivers for the ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics. My
    computer has a ATI Radeon HD 4200. On
    Microsoft Display Adapter
    I was able to down load a more recent driver. (A lot of fiddling around took place and my recollection what I did is a bit cloudy). I was not able to get 1600 X 900 as an offering for resolution under
    Advanced display settings.

So now my display is the size of standard screen, not wide screen. I'd appreciate help to back to wide screen without distortion.

FL Bill, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Two Monitor Display Issue: Wide screen & standard width - Similar Threads - Monitor Display Issue

2. Sharing display to two monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing display to two monitors: I'm having a problem sharing my display between two monitors. My pc has DVI-D and VGA monitor outputs. When I connect the DVI via HDMI to one monitor all is well. When I connect the second monitor via VGA the DVI monitor becomes partially unresponsive while the VGA monitor is...
  3. Sharing display to two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sharing display to two monitors: I'm having a problem sharing my display between two monitors. My pc has DVI-D and VGA monitor outputs. When I connect the DVI via HDMI to one monitor all is well. When I connect the second monitor via VGA the DVI monitor becomes partially unresponsive while the VGA monitor is...
  4. Two Monitors Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two Monitors Issue: I have a Dell Latitude E5550 laptop. It's setup to be the Primary display, in landscape. Recently, I acquired a Dell 1909wb monitor. My intent is to use the 19-inch 1909 monitor in portrait for sheet music. After arranging the displays and changing orientation of the 19-inch,...
  5. Wide screen monitor: How to split screen so that apps are displayed in full

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wide screen monitor: How to split screen so that apps are displayed in full: So, yea, I now have a 32" screen. What I want to do is have two apps on the screen at once, not like when Windows splits the screen where it fits the app into that half of the screen. I want a miniaturized version of the app in the window. For example, if I do the usual...
  6. Two monitors issue.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two monitors issue.: [ATTACH] Hi all. I have an issue with two monitors. I have monitor #1, small and set in the display options as main monitor. I have monitor #2, large, for gaming only. I turn off #2 when done playing. When I turn it back on, some windows "jump" to #2. How can I stop this...
  7. 1 of my 3 monitors is physically twice as wide as the other two but in display settings it...

1 of my 3 monitors is physically twice as wide as the other two but in display settings it...: I have seen similar questions in the forums, but none with answers. this seems to be a common problem. My problem is I have 3 monitors. two that are 24" monitors 2 and 3 that are side by side below, and a 50" TV monitor 1 being used as a third monitor mounted directly above...
  8. Make screen fill wide monitor

Make screen fill wide monitor: I'm using a 32" tv as a monitor. The TV has a VGA port and will work with a setting of 1024 X 768 If I go to a higher setting the TV won't accept it. The desktop used to fill the screen from side to side but has changed lately so that the display is a square in the middle...
  9. Screen too wide to fit monitor + 2 more issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen too wide to fit monitor + 2 more issues: Windows 10, ASUS desktop PC. Haven't updated in almost a year. Started updating yesterday, ran into many issues like failed installs, finished today. Now, screen is too wide (horizontally, of course) to fit in monitor. Side edges go beyond monitor. * Tried changing screen...
  10. Two-monitor issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Two-monitor issues: I have a Surface Pro 3 with an external monitor & Microsoft's Surface Pro docking station. The displays are extended. Two issues though: 1. When docking the Surface, how to make the desktop icons automatically move from the touch screen to the external screen? The external...