Windows 10: Two monitor setup question

Discus and support Two monitor setup question in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I currently have a two-display setup. I would like to share display 2 with a Mac M1 Mini that I just purchased. I woud like to use a manual DVI switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by perkinw, Feb 16, 2021.

1. perkinw Win User

Two monitor setup question

I currently have a two-display setup. I would like to share display 2 with a Mac M1 Mini that I just purchased. I woud like to use a manual DVI switch (2 DVI in, 1 DVI out) to select the input to display 2. Here is my question.

When I switch input from the PC to the Mac, what happens to the PC's two-display setup? For example, if I have open windows on display 2, do they become temporarily inaccessible? Or does the PC revert to a single-display setup and move those open windows from display 2 to display 1?

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042)

:)

perkinw, Feb 16, 2021

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Multiple Monitor Setup Question

Hi,

Changing the monitor to be the main display is one of the possible ways to resolve your concern. We need to set the monitor you prefer to be the main display thru Settings app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Display in the left pane.
    • Click Identity to know monitor number you wish to set as the main display.
    • Select the monitor number, then click the Make this my main display check box.
    • Click Apply.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Two monitor setup question

Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Two monitor setup question

1. Two monitor setup question - Similar Threads - monitor setup question

2. Questions about dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Questions about dual monitor setup: hello, I'm new to windows and I just have a couple of questions. currently, I have my laptop and a monitor set up side by side with my laptop kinda being used as a second monitor and it seems to be working but there's just some stuff I'm unsure about 1 when I hide my...
  3. Why is it so hard or expensive to have a two monitor setup? Topic: dual monitor setups

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is it so hard or expensive to have a two monitor setup? Topic: dual monitor setups: When you are a gamer, or a state worker, why should it be too hard to have extended dual monitors? When you want to find a cord for a dual monitor setup that extends your screen, why should every cord that fits your expectations to be a VGA adapter and you have HDMI or have...
  4. 3 Monitor Setup Questions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    3 Monitor Setup Questions: Hey all. How would one connect 3 external monitors to the dell xps 15 9550? I currently have 2 monitors 24' 1920x1200 connected to my monitors. One is the hdmi to hdmi to a monitor, the other is the usb-c to display port on the other monitor. I also have a 3rd cable... usb-c...
  5. Dual monitor setup question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor setup question: [ATTACH] Hello, I'm using Matebook D14 and I've connected second display to it. Is there a way to setup dual monitors like on the image? I want the mouse jumping to stop. Also is it maybe possible to have different scaling when the monitor is connected and when it's...
  6. Two monitors questions with GE Force G710

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two monitors questions with GE Force G710: I just installed the GE force G710 Video Card So i wanted to use it for second monitor, it disabled my factory video. Can i use two monitors with this card and still have my factory card?...
  7. Two monitors settings question

Two monitors settings question: I would like to ask here: I added a television through HDMI port to my graphic card, then set both tv and my monitor to duplicate screens, BUT now the TV is considered by windows as diplay 1 and my monitor as display 2*. This means that if I start PC, I see on my monitor just...
  8. System icons on both taskbars on two monitor setup?

System icons on both taskbars on two monitor setup?: I can't figure out how (or if I even can) to have the system icons show up on my second monitor too, all I have on the right is the time and date. I could really benefit having those on my second monitor since when playing games I have to win-tab and click on "view desktop"...
  9. Setup questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup questions: Can i use mklink during windows install ? Should i use juction ? How should i use it in a batch file ? John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-questions/a2587322-bb74-4f26-aa32-4f5a8c47e1bd
  10. two questions

in Windows 10 Support
    two questions: i am gonna format my windows 10 ,is my windows store apps removed from my microsoft account ? and where is the cache of microsoft edge i mean the websites and favorites and the saved pages ? are they all in the same folder? 89197