Windows 10: Two monitor support, when windows turns them on, it resets my desktop, hot plug sucks since...

Discus and support Two monitor support, when windows turns them on, it resets my desktop, hot plug sucks since... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Somehow i think i'm gonna regret this. So, this problem started about 2 years ago on one of the "big" windows updates. my system was working FINE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hsilamot, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Hsilamot Win User

Two monitor support, when windows turns them on, it resets my desktop, hot plug sucks since...

Somehow i think i'm gonna regret this.

So, this problem started about 2 years ago on one of the "big" windows updates. my system was working FINE BEFORE.

So, here's the scenario:

-One computer, Two Monitors, connected trough Display Port or DVI or HDMI.

-Windows turns the monitors off after 15 minutes of inactivity.
    -Monitors go into sleep mode.

-Windows detects this as if the monitors themselves were turned off

-Windows disconnects both displays

consequences:

A When i come back to the pc all my windows are a mess and are re-arranged on primary monitor since windows detected both monitors "as if" they were turned off completely.

B I can't use certain VNC programs since there's no active desktop to connect to.

Solution:
    Go back the way it was before, detect the cable unplugging not the monitof being turned off.

If this is not possible for Displayport at least give us the option to disable "automatic monitor detection", since for a desktop pc, believe me, i do not change my monitor setup frequently.

"update the drivers" "clean reboot" "clean install" and those kind of replies, please take into account:

-This problem has persisted over 5 clean installs

-It started immediately after one windows update

-This problem is not present if i install an old windows version i have on USB, but to keep the problem solved i need to keep the computer off the internet so it doesn't update.

Edit added
    -This problem has persisted trough 3 completely different hardware setups Motherboard, cpu, memory, hard disk, even the monitors have changed in theese two years

:)

Hsilamot, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Two monitor support, when windows turns them on, it resets my desktop, hot plug sucks since...

1. Two monitor support, when windows turns them on, it resets my desktop, hot plug sucks since... - Similar Threads - monitor support turns

2. Can't plug two monitors into my windows laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't plug two monitors into my windows laptop.: I have two monitors.One plugged into HDMI, one plugged into a usb-c port.Essentially, if they are both plugged in at the same time, the monitor connected to the HDMI port will lose signal.If I unplug the USB-C monitor the HDMI monitor will come to life. If I plug the USB-C...
  3. Can't plug two monitors into my windows laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't plug two monitors into my windows laptop.: I have two monitors.One plugged into HDMI, one plugged into a usb-c port.Essentially, if they are both plugged in at the same time, the monitor connected to the HDMI port will lose signal.If I unplug the USB-C monitor the HDMI monitor will come to life. If I plug the USB-C...
  4. Can't plug two monitors into my windows laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Technical Support Sucks

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Technical Support Sucks: I have a mac computer and need to install windows for my parallels software. I am trying to get help with this but I called 3 times and was hung up on after speaking with someone. On the four time, I was given a number but that number forces you to go to a website and then...
  6. Monitor doesn't turn off when TV is plugged in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor doesn't turn off when TV is plugged in?: So here's the set up: WIN10 pro 64bit MSI X470 Gamingplus + AMD Ryzen 7 2700 RTX2070 MSI MAG322CQR (connected with displayport) Samsung TV (connected with HDMI) Now all works fine if I unplug the TV from GPU. But when I plug in the HDMI to connect my TV, my monitor...
  7. Two of my hot keys are not working....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two of my hot keys are not working....: The F4 and F8 keys of my keyboard which are meant for microphone mute/unmute and camera on/off respectively are now not working. It worked well till the last day but all of a sudden it just stopped working. Could any one please explain me why is this happening because I am in...
  8. Support for Windows 10 SUCKS.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Support for Windows 10 SUCKS.: I have been trying to activate a genuine copy of Windows 10 for ages. I have tried online support but it always freezes my computer. I have never been able to get a person. Windows Support is rated at about 1 out of 10 for me. Is this normal?...
  9. Laptop hot when idle and plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop hot when idle and plugged in: So I'm having this problem with my laptop Eluktronics Mech-15 G2R I use my laptop plugged in 99% of the time, so it's not a battery charging overheating thing. When I unplug the laptop, the temperature drops to 45C which keeps the fans inactive. However, when I plug it in...
  10. Virtual desktops on two monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual desktops on two monitors: Is there a way to isolate workspaces among two displays. When I switch desktop on one screen, the desktop switches on the second screen also. How can I change this? submitted by /u/mithunvinayagamop3t [link] [comments]...