Windows 10: Two monitor system - How to make monitor 2 my primary monitor

Discus and support Two monitor system - How to make monitor 2 my primary monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Two monitor system - How to make monitor 2 my primary monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by poorbob, Jan 24, 2019.

1. poorbob Win User

Two monitor system - How to make monitor 2 my primary monitor

:)

poorbob, Jan 24, 2019
  2. poorbob Win User

poorbob, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Two monitor system - How to make monitor 2 my primary monitor

Main taskbar on monitor 1 when it is not the primary monitor

Hi

I have a Surface Pro 4 and the Surface's screen monitor 1, i also have it hooked up to 2 other monitors (monitor 2 & 3). In the display settings have monitor 2 as my primary monitor but the main taskbar, the one with the notification area, action center
    etc is on the Surface's screen. I have tried to change the primary monitor setting to the surface and back again and the taskbar move over but then flashes, like explorer has restarted and then it is back on to the Surface. I have also tried setting monitor
    3 as the primary but still the same result

I have not installed any new drivers, programs etc... and i have seen this problem before but changing the primary monitor worked then.

Thanks!

Ciáron

CiáronMonaghan, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Two monitor system - How to make monitor 2 my primary monitor - Similar Threads - monitor system monitor

2. Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two Monitors: I have Windows 10 Home edition and would like to run two monitors. Presently I have two monitors plugged in and working but they show the same picture on both. I would like to be able to run different programs on each.I know there is a feature that lets the user label the...
  3. Two monitors

Two monitors: I set up my computer with two monitors. Now my main monitor keeps reverting to #2 and my second smaller monitor is #1. How do I change it back or can I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-monitors/d65b6e9d-404b-4b0a-bd12-9c6730983432
  4. Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Monitors: I had two monitors working on my computer and the second one stopped working after an update. I switched HDMI cords and check all connections still not working. Maybe the HDMI Driver needs updating?? Thank you for your help. John...
  5. two monitors

two monitors: I recently hooked up a second external monitor to my Dell Laptop due to the fact that I am forced to work from home now. Both monitors work, but I can't figure out how to have each monitor display something different, nor can I get an app to "slide" to the other screen, it...
  6. Two monitors.

Two monitors.: I have a gaming PC and a 144 hertz monitor. A main game I play usually runs at around 240 frames per second. I found an old monitor from 2009 in my garage. When I saw it I attempted to set it up as an extra monitor for doing stuff on the side. After I set it up, I tried...
  7. Two monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two monitors: I have 2 monitors connected to PC. Is it possible to use them both on the same time. They must communicate. As example: Open picture on screen 1. Move that picture to screen 2. Open file again and display another picture on for screen 1. Both screens now with different...
  8. Two Monitors

Two Monitors: Why will Windows 10 not recognize my 2 Monitor? When I ask to detect my 2nd Monitor, I get not recognized from Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-monitors/71a83057-d4ae-4864-8f2c-98f4aa9e7403
  9. Two monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Two monitors: I connected two monitors to my Lenovo H50-55. One with a Vga cable, the other with an HDMI cable. The size of the monitors is different but resolution is the same. One is an LG analog the other an insignia digital set to fit the screen. Now I have both running (more or less)...
  10. Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Monitors: Newbie question re setting up two monitors: is it possible to a different program running on each monitor, e.g., to have an Acrobat file up on one and SketchUp running on the other? If so, can someone tell me how? The dual monitor set up options I've found don't include what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor 2 primary