Windows 10: Two monitors but only one display works

Discus and support Two monitors but only one display works in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two monitors displaying the Windows 10 screen and all of my shortcut buttons. I have gone through display settings and extending the displays.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stbartslady, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Two monitors but only one display works

I have two monitors displaying the Windows 10 screen and all of my shortcut buttons. I have gone through display settings and extending the displays. I have them set up in the right sequence.

When I click on the 2nd monitor, everything appears on the 1st monitor. I can't get any program to display on the 2nd monitor. What am I missing?

I have a Dell desktop, dell monitor and acer monitor.

Thanks.

:)

stbartslady, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    monitor display size

Hi Kathy,

This issue with monitor display can be caused by screen resolution problems.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try changing the screen resolution by following the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop screen.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click Display.
    • Under Resolution, click on the drop-down menu and change the screen resolution.

Note: You can select the most recommended resolution (1920 x 1080) if applicable and see if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Dec 20, 2018
  4. damtachoa Win User

Two monitors but only one display works

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Two monitors but only one display works

1. Two monitors but only one display works - Similar Threads - monitors display works

2. Windows 11 Detecting two monitors as only one monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Detecting two monitors as only one monitor.: I recently updated my GPU drivers which reset my monitor settings. Both monitors are now mirrored, showing the same exact image on both including mouse movements, however when checking the display settings it refuses to detect more than one monitor. I have tried all of the...
  3. Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?: Have just built up a new machine and am having trouble with my monitors. One works fine, but the other just displays a black screen.The monitors and graphics cards have been carried over from my last PC which had no issues, and dual screen works fine when I connect up my work...
  4. Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?

Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?: Have just built up a new machine and am having trouble with my monitors. One works fine, but the other just displays a black screen.The monitors and graphics cards have been carried over from my last PC which had no issues, and dual screen works fine when I connect up my work...
  5. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one: Current Setup:Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Windows 11 HomeA-Port Active C200 Multi HubDell U2515H x 2Multi hub is plugged into the laptop USB-C port.Both monitors are connected to the multi hub using HDMI-to-HDMI cables.In the display setting, only two displays are detected.Two...
  6. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one: Current Setup:Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Windows 11 HomeA-Port Active C200 Multi HubDell U2515H x 2Multi hub is plugged into the laptop USB-C port.Both monitors are connected to the multi hub using HDMI-to-HDMI cables.In the display setting, only two displays are detected.Two...
  7. Surface book change to Laptop 4 - Two monitors but only one display works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface book change to Laptop 4 - Two monitors but only one display works: Hi, I recently changed my computer from Surface book to Laptop 4. My surface connected with 2 external monitors. However, the Laptop 4 can only use 1 external monitor. In the display setting, it shows 3 screens including the laptop screen itself, and 2 externals. The setting...
  8. Surface book change to Laptop 4 - Two monitors but only one display works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface book change to Laptop 4 - Two monitors but only one display works: Hi, I recently changed my computer from Surface book to Laptop 4. My surface connected with 2 external monitors. However, the Laptop 4 can only use 1 external monitor. In the display setting, it shows 3 screens including the laptop screen itself, and 2 externals. The setting...
  9. Surface book change to Laptop 4 - Two monitors but only one display works

10. Laptop will only detect one of two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop will only detect one of two monitors: Hi! I added a third monitor today and it was recognized, but it caused my second monitor NOT to work. I'm on a Lenovo Thinkpad T430. The second monitor is a Samsung and the new monitor is from Lenovo. Samsung is connected via HDMI; the Lenovo is connected via a parallel...