Windows 10: Two monitors different res

Discus and support Two monitors different res in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there, I have two monitors hooked up to my rig, one is 1080p, my secondary monitor, and the other one is 1440p as my main. Now when I move my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/javamaster10000, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Two monitors different res

Hello there, I have two monitors hooked up to my rig, one is 1080p, my secondary monitor, and the other one is 1440p as my main. Now when I move my mouse around, I can only access my secondary monitor in a confined space on the border of my main monitor, which makes sense, as it is smaller in terms of pixels. However, is there any way to tell windows to treat both displays as being the same size? I'm on an GTX 970 of this makes a difference, and the 2004 win 10 update.

submitted by /u/javamaster10000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/javamaster10000, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Zediiiii Win User

Windows 10 dual monitor - lower res monitor is blurry

If one monitor is running from a dedicated graphics card and another from the on-board graphics card, Windows treats the two monitors as a continuous desktop, but the different DPI settings have to be processed by the graphics controller the monitor is attached to. If this is the case for you, you might try applying the following steps to set a CUSTOM value of 100% rather than a "standard" value of 100% (don't ask me why this works, but it worked for me):

1. Set custom scaling to a value that isn't 100% (Windows won't let you set a custom value of 100% if you already have a "standard" value of 100% set).
    2. Click apply, then re-login later.
    3. Set the custom scaling back to 100% and click re-login later.
    4. Restart the computer.
    5. Don't mess with DPI settings afterwards.

If the issue is specific to certain programs, you can check "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" in the compatibility tab under properties for the affected programs.

If the issue is global (everything everywhere is blurry) I would play with different versions of the drivers for the graphics controller the HP is connected to. I would also strongly suggest calibrating your Cleartype settings after you've set the DPI settings.

Zediiiii, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Different Backgrounds on each monitor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to set different wallpapers on each monitors.

We would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1: Identify Displays.

Try using the Identify option to identify the displays and then check if you can set different background. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System, and select
      Display
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Rearrange your displays, click on
      Identify to identify the displays.

Refer screenshot below:

Two monitors different res 8f709fba-58a5-4927-8b85-7b2e6d47a4a3?upload=true.png

Once the displays are identified as Monitor 1 and Monitor 2, try setting the background.

Method 2: Duplicating Displays

One other thing we can try is to set the displays to Duplicate first and then Extend them.

To Duplicate the Displays, press Windows key + P, and select
    Duplicate. Follow the same steps and select Extend.

After Extending the displays, check if we get the option to set different backgrounds.

Method 3: Reinstall Display Drivers.

If Method 1 and 2 didn’t help, we can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Display Drivers. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Display
      device
      and select Uninstall Device.
    4. Once the device is uninstalled, click on Actions and select
      Scan for hardware changes.
    5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Two monitors different res

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Two monitors different res

1. Two monitors different res - Similar Threads - monitors different res

2. Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor: I have two monitors set up. One is a 1K monitor and the other 4K. Even though my 4K one is set as the default monitor and plugged into the first port on my graphics card the computer uses to 1K one to show the boot screen on. That isnt much of a problem. The poblem is that...
  3. Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor: I have two monitors set up. One is a 1K monitor and the other 4K. Even though my 4K one is set as the default monitor and plugged into the first port on my graphics card the computer uses to 1K one to show the boot screen on. That isnt much of a problem. The poblem is that...
  4. Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Different Scaling on two monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different Scaling on two monitors.: Hello, On my new Win11 laptop I am unable to set different scaling on my laptops auxiliary monitor. My laptop is 2560x1600 on a 16" monitor and my aux is 35" on 1980x1080.On 100% scaling, the laptop's test is minuscule almost unreadable, so i set it to 125%.Now, my 35" also...
  6. Different Scaling on two monitors.

Different Scaling on two monitors.: Hello, On my new Win11 laptop I am unable to set different scaling on my laptops auxiliary monitor. My laptop is 2560x1600 on a 16" monitor and my aux is 35" on 1980x1080.On 100% scaling, the laptop's test is minuscule almost unreadable, so i set it to 125%.Now, my 35" also...
  7. Different theme wallpapers on two different monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different theme wallpapers on two different monitors: When I select a theme on my computer, it makes the background the same picture on both of my two monitors.Before, it would show different backgrounds on the two monitors two different pictures, but now it just duplicates the image on the second screen, so it's the same...
  8. Different theme wallpapers on two different monitors

Different theme wallpapers on two different monitors: When I select a theme on my computer, it makes the background the same picture on both of my two monitors.Before, it would show different backgrounds on the two monitors two different pictures, but now it just duplicates the image on the second screen, so it's the same...
  9. Desktop Res & Active Signal Res are different

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop Res & Active Signal Res are different: [img] My Monitor when I press the button says 1920x1080. I want to fully use 1440x1080 also noticing this slight flicker when playing games etc. Never did this when using windows 7.. Just recently upgraded, any help would be appreciated 129771
  10. Two monitors, want a different app showing up on the other monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two monitors, want a different app showing up on the other monitor: I use Windows 10, not xp, you pricks made me quit that product for more **** from you. Have not had one answer correct from you. I have 2 monitors both show the same app. I need to show one app on one monitor and the other app on the second monitor. How do I make one app...