Windows 10: Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

Discus and support Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Current Setup:Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Windows 11 HomeA-Port Active C200 Multi HubDell U2515H x 2Multi hub is plugged into the laptop USB-C port.Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JihoonLee1, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

Current Setup:Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Windows 11 HomeA-Port Active C200 Multi HubDell U2515H x 2Multi hub is plugged into the laptop USB-C port.Both monitors are connected to the multi hub using HDMI-to-HDMI cables.In the display setting, only two displays are detected.Two external monitors are detected as one and duplicated.What I want to do is to have three separate displays.Drivers are up to date.What is the problem?

:)

JihoonLee1, Oct 10, 2022
  2. n1trox Win User

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Oct 10, 2022
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 10, 2022
  4. Inept Win User

Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

Dual monitors error message "Didn't detect another display"

Both of my monitors are working fine, but it is just the same picture being duplicated. The point of this setup is obviously to get an extended picture rather than having two monitors showing the same thing. The problem is, when I go to display settings, only one monitor is detected (which is not even technically true since both are lit up).

The computer is an HP Pavilion 550-152I, and the monitors are running off of HDMI cables (the computer has two HDMI outputs).

I have checked the display settings both by right clicking on the desktop and by going through the Control Panel, but neither is detecting a second monitor.
    I have tried updating display adapter drivers via the device manager, but it made no difference.

Any suggestions?

Inept, Oct 10, 2022
Thema:

Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

1. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one - Similar Threads - Monitors Duplicated Display

2. Windows 11 Detecting two monitors as only one monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Detecting two monitors as only one monitor.: I recently updated my GPU drivers which reset my monitor settings. Both monitors are now mirrored, showing the same exact image on both including mouse movements, however when checking the display settings it refuses to detect more than one monitor. I have tried all of the...
  3. Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?: Have just built up a new machine and am having trouble with my monitors. One works fine, but the other just displays a black screen.The monitors and graphics cards have been carried over from my last PC which had no issues, and dual screen works fine when I connect up my work...
  4. Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?

Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?: Have just built up a new machine and am having trouble with my monitors. One works fine, but the other just displays a black screen.The monitors and graphics cards have been carried over from my last PC which had no issues, and dual screen works fine when I connect up my work...
  5. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one: Current Setup:Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Windows 11 HomeA-Port Active C200 Multi HubDell U2515H x 2Multi hub is plugged into the laptop USB-C port.Both monitors are connected to the multi hub using HDMI-to-HDMI cables.In the display setting, only two displays are detected.Two...
  6. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1: My friend has windows 10 and her computer was working completely fine. However, it randomly shut down and now it only detects one of the plugged in monitors and duplicates one screen onto both of them....
  7. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1

Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1: My friend has windows 10 and her computer was working completely fine. However, it randomly shut down and now it only detects one of the plugged in monitors and duplicates one screen onto both of them....
  8. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Laptop will only detect one of two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop will only detect one of two monitors: Hi! I added a third monitor today and it was recognized, but it caused my second monitor NOT to work. I'm on a Lenovo Thinkpad T430. The second monitor is a Samsung and the new monitor is from Lenovo. Samsung is connected via HDMI; the Lenovo is connected via a parallel...
  10. Two monitors but only one display works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two monitors but only one display works: I have two monitors displaying the Windows 10 screen and all of my shortcut buttons. I have gone through display settings and extending the displays. I have them set up in the right sequence. When I click on the 2nd monitor, everything appears on the 1st monitor. I...