Windows 10: Two monitors: Is there a handy way to get your mouse pointer on the other screen?

Discus and support Two monitors: Is there a handy way to get your mouse pointer on the other screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am working with two monitors, editing audio & video. Even though I know the monitors are "virtually" placed next to each other (so if I move from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/boomtao, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Two monitors: Is there a handy way to get your mouse pointer on the other screen?

I am working with two monitors, editing audio & video. Even though I know the monitors are "virtually" placed next to each other (so if I move from left to right or vice versa I end up on the other monitor screen), I still always struggle getting my mouse pointer from one monitor window to the other. I find that I am losing momentum in my workflow getting the pointer on the right spot on the other monitor, it needs to go quicker. I have been looking for other ways, perhaps a keyboard shortcut, but I haven't found any. Is there a handy & quicker way to get your pointer on the other screen?

submitted by /u/boomtao
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/boomtao, Jul 5, 2020

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Two mouse pointers on screen

I'm using windows 10 home version 1709 on an all in one HP. I'm using a Logitech integrated keyboard mouse, but have two mouse pointers on the screen--one in the top left and one that I'm actively trying to use. The one in the upper left tries to take
    control and move the one I'm actively using. I've tried several fixes, including updating the drivers, ensuring that I've activated the only one monitor. The only temporary fix is to go to alt-control-delete and the cancel. I'd like to get rid of the phantom
    pointer and get full control of the mouse pointer.

TetsMiyabara, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Two monitors: Is there a handy way to get your mouse pointer on the other screen?

The Mouse Pointer (THE OLD ONE?)

Hi Amir,

Are you using an external mouse or the touch pad mouse? You can change the way how your mouse pointer looks by following these steps:

1. Press Windows key on your keyboard, type Change your mouse settings and select the search result.
    2. On the window that would appear, click Additional mouse options.
    3. On the Pointers tab, under Scheme, click
      Windows Default (system scheme)
      on the drop-down menu.

Let me know if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Two monitors: Is there a handy way to get your mouse pointer on the other screen?

1. Two monitors: Is there a handy way to get your mouse pointer on the other screen? - Similar Threads - monitors handy mouse

2. Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen: Every few days the mouse pointer on my Samsung SynchMaster S20B350H changes to what looks like an ancient scroll. I have to shut down and startup again for the pointer to revert to the Windows system default. The pointer on the laptop screen remains the same. I tried updating...
  3. Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen: Every few days the mouse pointer on my Samsung SynchMaster S20B350H changes to what looks like an ancient scroll. I have to shut down and startup again for the pointer to revert to the Windows system default. The pointer on the laptop screen remains the same. I tried updating...
  4. Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Two mouse pointers on screen one fixed in the top centre the other ghosts in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two mouse pointers on screen one fixed in the top centre the other ghosts in and out: I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 on my SB-2 and have downloaded the most recent updates. I use a MS Arc Mouse. Approx a week ago I noticed that after the screen goes into sleep mode, when it comes back on again, there are two mouse pointers, one frozen and immobile in...
  6. Two mouse pointers on screen one fixed in the top centre the other ghosts in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two mouse pointers on screen one fixed in the top centre the other ghosts in and out: I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 on my SB-2 and have downloaded the most recent updates. I use a MS Arc Mouse. Approx a week ago I noticed that after the screen goes into sleep mode, when it comes back on again, there are two mouse pointers, one frozen and immobile in...
  7. Can't cross the mouse pointer to other display monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't cross the mouse pointer to other display monitor.: My Display Settings are on Extend. Both monitors with the same resolution 1920x1080. My PC was working perfectly, but one day I turned on the computer and the mouse is stuck on the main monitor, I can't switch to the extended monitor.I already tried to change the main monitor...
  8. Is there a way to make the pointer appear as different sizes on a two-monitor display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make the pointer appear as different sizes on a two-monitor display?: I have a separate external monitor connected to my laptop, but from where I'm sitting, the pointer is too small on my laptop screen. Is there a way to seamlessly change pointer sizes when moving between two connected displays? submitted by /u/TheTommohawkTom [link]...
  9. Two mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two mouse pointer: Hi everyone, I ran a dual monitor and plugged two mouses, but the two mouses have the same pointer, My question is how I can run two mouse and each monitor have its pointer ? Regards...
  10. Mouse Pointer disappears for a minute or two

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Pointer disappears for a minute or two: I *think* it's when I give a dialog box focus; but also when I'm in Word and alt-tab back to Chrome. The pointer is gone for like a minute. There are no errors in the Events log. Thanks for any help. RON 101578