Windows 10: Two monitors not functioning?

Discus and support Two monitors not functioning? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been trying to solve a resolution issue - another issue... for two days. Anyway I selected 1920 x 1080 29Hz interlaced in CCC by accident, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MatthewE, Mar 27, 2015.

1. MatthewE Win User

Two monitors not functioning?

I have been trying to solve a resolution issue - another issue... for two days.

Anyway I selected 1920 x 1080 29Hz interlaced in CCC by accident, I thought it'd revert and it didn't. I can get on the pc using HDMI however whenever I plug a VGA cable in both screens go off and don't come back on. If you pull the VGA out the HDMI won't come back on until you have taken it out then put it back in.

The strange thing is, they both work on boot/startup i.e. when it goes past the Asus screen and upto the windows loader screen and beyond that they both stop working.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled catalyst, tried to edit the settings on just HDMI to see if it made a difference and I can't see anything working.

After plugging both in, then it turning the screens off I connected via RDP and it says "Catalyst Control Centre" has stopped responding and then as soon as I press ok/close it turns the HDMI screen on again.

:)

MatthewE, Mar 27, 2015

2. Two monitors

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I have two monitors which worked fine in Windows 8.1. When I upgraded to Windows 10 there didn't seem to be the option to extend the workspace across my two monitors, whereas the instructions say there should
    be. I reverted back to Windows 8.1 and I am back to my two monitors again.

JuliaMcClelland, Mar 27, 2015
  3. AMrRandy Win User
    Two Monitors

Thank you, but I followed the steps you gave and it still changed the background on both screens to whatever was chosen. Any other ideas?

AMrRandy, Mar 27, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Do you have Catalysts system tray icon "activated"? You can then right-click and make changes that way. The problem could be that your VGA cable is not suitable for HD, I once bought the wrong one and had a Heck of a time sorting things out,. In the end I went HDMI, meaning I had to disconnect my Blu-Ray when using my PC.

Cliff S, Mar 27, 2015
  5. MatthewE Win User
    It seems fine on one monitor, the HDMI is fine. Until you unplug that, plug the VGA in and press "detect displays" without pressing that button the display works fine, after I press it the screen goes black. I've teamviewered my own PC and it's physically gone black on the teamviewer too so it's not just the monitor.

Two monitors not functioning? [​IMG]

Unplug the vga, put in the HDMI and it does come back; with this

Two monitors not functioning? [​IMG]

MatthewE, Mar 27, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You could go to control panel>Display and make sue of the settings there, that they match your graphics card. Also check out color management that it's set to default in the advanced tab.

Cliff S, Mar 27, 2015
  7. MatthewE Win User
    All is fine, was getting Catalyst cannot locate driver, so I uninstalled it. AGAIN. then reinstalled, updated drivers and it does appear to load now... although if you plug two monitors in, it still doesn't work.

Booted into safe-mode and both monitors work????

MatthewE, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Two monitors not functioning? - Similar Threads - monitors functioning

2. Night Light function reverts to off after monitor blanks and on after selecting Display...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light function reverts to off after monitor blanks and on after selecting Display...: I am still needing a fix for the issue I reported earlier where the Night Light function in Windows 10 reverts to off after monitor blanks and on after selecting Display Properties. This has occurred for years with two different video cards and various drivers. I have tried...
  3. Night Light function reverts to off after monitor blanks and on after selecting Display...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light function reverts to off after monitor blanks and on after selecting Display...: I am still needing a fix for the issue I reported earlier where the Night Light function in Windows 10 reverts to off after monitor blanks and on after selecting Display Properties. This has occurred for years with two different video cards and various drivers. I have tried...
  4. Night Light function reverts to off after monitor blanks and on after selecting Display...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Stuck in windows 11 safe boot with non-functioning monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in windows 11 safe boot with non-functioning monitor: My Asus g513qm internal monitor is broken. I booted into safe mode to run diagnostics without knowing it doesn’t allow external monitors. How can I exit safe mode. I tried using bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safe boot and I get to a blue screen. Since my monitor only display...
  6. Stuck in windows 11 safe boot with non-functioning monitor

Stuck in windows 11 safe boot with non-functioning monitor: My Asus g513qm internal monitor is broken. I booted into safe mode to run diagnostics without knowing it doesn’t allow external monitors. How can I exit safe mode. I tried using bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safe boot and I get to a blue screen. Since my monitor only display...
  7. Stuck in windows 11 safe boot with non-functioning monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in windows 11 safe boot with non-functioning monitor.: My Asus g513qm internal monitor is broken. I booted into safe mode to run diagnostics without knowing it doesn’t allow external monitors. How can I exit safe mode. I tried using bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safe boot and I get to a blue screen. Since my monitor only display...
  8. Stuck in windows 11 safe boot with non-functioning monitor.

Stuck in windows 11 safe boot with non-functioning monitor.: My Asus g513qm internal monitor is broken. I booted into safe mode to run diagnostics without knowing it doesn’t allow external monitors. How can I exit safe mode. I tried using bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safe boot and I get to a blue screen. Since my monitor only display...
  9. Monitor functionning in HDR even if turned off in windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor functionning in HDR even if turned off in windows.: Hi, Monitor: AW2721dGPU: TUF 3080Cable: Display port.Everything was fine last week. And on a boot I did nothing unusual, got that oversatured colors like the white hurts my eyes..After hours of searching and trying:My monitor is in HDR mode even if windows HDR is off. see...
  10. Monitor functionning in HDR even if turned off in windows.

Monitor functionning in HDR even if turned off in windows.: Hi, Monitor: AW2721dGPU: TUF 3080Cable: Display port.Everything was fine last week. And on a boot I did nothing unusual, got that oversatured colors like the white hurts my eyes..After hours of searching and trying:My monitor is in HDR mode even if windows HDR is off. see...