Windows 10: Two monitors set up but apps always open on 2nd monitor which I don't always use

Discus and support Two monitors set up but apps always open on 2nd monitor which I don't always use in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have set up two screens for Windows. 1 is my main screen and 2 additional. Whenever I open an app from Screen 1 it opens on screen 2 which is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RachelTurley, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Two monitors set up but apps always open on 2nd monitor which I don't always use

I have set up two screens for Windows.

1 is my main screen and 2 additional.

Whenever I open an app from Screen 1 it opens on screen 2 which is not the main one.

How can I get it to open on Screen 1 - I dont always use screen 2.

:)

RachelTurley, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Dawn G. Win User

Dual monitor issue - every window on app on 2nd monitor opens on 1st monitor

Help! I am running 2 apps simultaneously, one on the primary monitor and one on the 2nd monitor. The app on the primary monitor is fine. The problem I'm having is that the app on the 2nd monitor does not work on there. It will not stay there or operate
    there. It opens on the primary monitor. That part is no big deal because I just drag it to the 2nd monitor. However, every time I click to view a new page, the new page opens on the primary monitor, completely blocking my view of the primary monitor. When
    the app is open on the 2nd monitor, why does each page click on it open up on the 2nd monitor? Why does it keep opening up on the primary monitor? It is very frustrating and counter productive to drag every single page/window back to the 2nd monitor. I
    might as well not have a 2nd monitor!! What can I do to keep this from happening? It completely negates having a 2nd monitor if each page click within the app won't stay there! Any help is welcome. I'm using Windows 10.

Dawn G., Aug 12, 2019
  3. 2nd monitor problems

Hi,

Have you checked your Display settings? If not, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Right click on the open space of the desktop screen.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Under Display tab, click Identify to know which monitor is having the issue.
    • Once you have identified the monitor, select the monitor you are getting issue’s with.
    • Drag the bar to the left side if the resolution is magnified to more 100% in
      Change the size of text, apps, and other items.
    • Click Apply to save the changes.

If issue still persists, we recommend that you check the monitor setting and set it up to default. For more information or assistance with your monitor settings, you can contact the device’s manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Two monitors set up but apps always open on 2nd monitor which I don't always use

Windows 10- Display on 2 monitors and use independently by mving App from one monitor to 2nd Monitor

Hi

I wan t to open Word on one monitor, then open Excel and move to 2nd Monitor, so I can see both independently on 2 screen Monitors.

How do I do this. Cheers

VinoDullab, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Two monitors set up but apps always open on 2nd monitor which I don't always use

1. Two monitors set up but apps always open on 2nd monitor which I don't always use - Similar Threads - monitors set apps

2. How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...: I have a 4 monitor setup. I do not want to "assign apps to a specific monitor". If I click on Microsoft Word on my 3rd monitor, that's where I want it to show up. Tomorrow, I may click on Microsoft Word on my 2nd monitor, and that's where I want it to show up for that...
  3. How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...: I have a 4 monitor setup. I do not want to "assign apps to a specific monitor". If I click on Microsoft Word on my 3rd monitor, that's where I want it to show up. Tomorrow, I may click on Microsoft Word on my 2nd monitor, and that's where I want it to show up for that...
  4. How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  6. 2nd monitor set up

2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  7. When using dual monitors, opening programs on while the mouse is on either monitor always...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When using dual monitors, opening programs on while the mouse is on either monitor always...: I have a monitor connected to my laptop through an HDMI port, and I noticed that no matter what monitor my mouse it currently on, programs keep getting opened up on my laptop's display. I don't like having to manually move programs from the laptop to my other monitor. It...
  8. Windows always opens on wrong monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows always opens on wrong monitor: Hello, I use 4 monitors, 1 is the internal laptop screen, 2 & 3 are external monitors and the fourth is a smart TV. I only use 3 of these when all are connected, the two externals and the TV. When all are connected the laptop screen is disconnected. Every day when I wake...
  9. Set Resource Monitor to Always on Top

Set Resource Monitor to Always on Top: Greetings! I'm using Windows 10, and I've tried using DeskPins and TurboTop to achieve it but they both failed. I did confirm that the programs worked on other software. It just wouldn't work with Resource monitor. (Known limitation?) Is there any other way to achieve this?...
  10. Using 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using 2nd monitor: Hi, Is it possible using extended display to show a movie on a 2nd monitor while using pc screen(as 1st monitor) for web surfing? I have tried selecting screen 1 or 2 as main display but no matter which screen I project movie on , as soon as I select internet from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open app on second monitor always

2. i have 2 monnitors and 1 laptop my printing menu alwaos to to to laptop