Windows 10: Two Monitors

Discus and support Two Monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Newbie question re setting up two monitors: is it possible to a different program running on each monitor, e.g., to have an Acrobat file up on one and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by coolCAD, May 1, 2016.

1. coolCAD Win User

Two Monitors

Newbie question re setting up two monitors: is it possible to a different program running on each monitor, e.g., to have an Acrobat file up on one and SketchUp running on the other? If so, can someone tell me how? The dual monitor set up options I've found don't include what I'm looking for, just duplicate, extend, or one monitor active at a time. Thanks!

:)

coolCAD, May 1, 2016

2. Two monitors

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I have two monitors which worked fine in Windows 8.1. When I upgraded to Windows 10 there didn't seem to be the option to extend the workspace across my two monitors, whereas the instructions say there should
    be. I reverted back to Windows 8.1 and I am back to my two monitors again.

JuliaMcClelland, May 1, 2016
  3. AMrRandy Win User
    Two Monitors

Thank you, but I followed the steps you gave and it still changed the background on both screens to whatever was chosen. Any other ideas?

AMrRandy, May 1, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Two Monitors

Absolutely, I do it with three of them.

If you extend your primary monitor, you are "extending" your desktop out to include the second monitor, which is what you are looking for.

You can then open your second application you wish to run, and then click its title bar and drag it to the second monitor ...

RWOne, May 1, 2016
  5. coolCAD Win User
    Thanks RWOne. I've extended my primary monitor, opened an Acrobat file, but can't figure out how to drag it to the second monitor. I've been dragging it but nothing happens. The Acrobat icon is open on the second monitor but I can't get my cursor over there to click on it. I'm obviously missing one tiny critical step . . . .

coolCAD, May 1, 2016
  6. RWOne Win User
    Go to the open acrobat program you have open, Click on the title bar at top in the middle and hold it, then drag.

If it doesn't, hit the middle of the three window control buttons at upper right to "restore down" to a smaller window, and then repeat to drag it over, once in the second window you can try maximizing it there.

RWOne, May 1, 2016
  7. coolCAD Win User
    Trying, trying, but no go. It just butts up against the left side of the screen and stays there. Maybe there's some other setting I need to change before this will work?

coolCAD, May 1, 2016
  8. RWOne Win User

Two Monitors

Might be the order to your monitors mon 1 and then mon 2, to test, try dragging to the right and see if it goes over to the other one.

RWOne, May 1, 2016
  9. Kari Win User
    Kari, May 1, 2016
  10. coolCAD Win User
    Brilliant! That worked. Thank you so much, both Kari and RWOne!

coolCAD, May 1, 2016
  11. RWOne Win User
    You're welcome!

Yep, knew it, thanks Kari for the visuals ...

Remember to mark the topic as solved, thanks.

RWOne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Two Monitors

1. Two Monitors - Similar Threads - Monitors

2. when im playing games and i press something on my second monitor my first monitor goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when im playing games and i press something on my second monitor my first monitor goes black: hey! when im playing games with stretch resolution and when i press the windows key my monitor goes black for a couple of seconds and i dont understand how does that happen! or maybe when im playing games and i press something on my second monitor my first monitor goes...
  3. when im playing games and i press something on my second monitor my first monitor goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when im playing games and i press something on my second monitor my first monitor goes black: hey! when im playing games with stretch resolution and when i press the windows key my monitor goes black for a couple of seconds and i dont understand how does that happen! or maybe when im playing games and i press something on my second monitor my first monitor goes...
  4. how to fix issue of multiple monitor in windows 11????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix issue of multiple monitor in windows 11????: first you need update all your drivers of your mobo.after you need update all your drivers of your GPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-issue-of-multiple-monitor-in-windows-11/3fca0458-1105-432f-82e8-cac5414a1d08
  5. how to fix issue of multiple monitor in windows 11????

how to fix issue of multiple monitor in windows 11????: first you need update all your drivers of your mobo.after you need update all your drivers of your GPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-issue-of-multiple-monitor-in-windows-11/3fca0458-1105-432f-82e8-cac5414a1d08
  6. My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse: My Windows 10 LGgram laptop is connected by HDMI to an Dell S2721 external monitor with only the external monitor display on. The external monitor screen will go blank in various situations using Word document, doing internet searches etc. and the screen will reappear when I...
  7. My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse: My Windows 10 LGgram laptop is connected by HDMI to an Dell S2721 external monitor with only the external monitor display on. The external monitor screen will go blank in various situations using Word document, doing internet searches etc. and the screen will reappear when I...
  8. My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse

9. Microsoft windows 11, main monitor rescans randomly when secondary monitor is switched off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft windows 11, main monitor rescans randomly when secondary monitor is switched off: ok, I have a very peculiar issue. My main display is a Dell 4K monitor connected to a DisplayPort on NVidia 4090 and my secondary monitor is a Samsung tv QN95A connected to motherboard's HDMI and driven by the on chip INTEL gpu.I have set Dell as primary and Samsung as...
  10. Microsoft windows 11, main monitor rescans randomly when secondary monitor is switched off

Microsoft windows 11, main monitor rescans randomly when secondary monitor is switched off: ok, I have a very peculiar issue. My main display is a Dell 4K monitor connected to a DisplayPort on NVidia 4090 and my secondary monitor is a Samsung tv QN95A connected to motherboard's HDMI and driven by the on chip INTEL gpu.I have set Dell as primary and Samsung as...