Windows 10: two monitors

Discus and support two monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently hooked up a second external monitor to my Dell Laptop due to the fact that I am forced to work from home now. Both monitors work, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JodiRasey, Apr 1, 2020.

1. JodiRasey Win User

two monitors

I recently hooked up a second external monitor to my Dell Laptop due to the fact that I am forced to work from home now. Both monitors work, but I can't figure out how to have each monitor display something different, nor can I get an app to "slide" to the other screen, it goes just to the edge of my laptop & stops. Can you someone help me with this? In "Settings" & then in "Display" the monitors are physically sitting in the order that shows when I click on "Detect", & I have it set to "Extend these displays". What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

:)

JodiRasey, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 1, 2020
  4. two monitors

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

two monitors

1. two monitors - Similar Threads - monitors

2. My 2nd monitor screen slips when the resolution on 1st is changed. Any solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 2nd monitor screen slips when the resolution on 1st is changed. Any solution?: Hello!I bought a new PC recently, I'm using 2 monitors, with the old PC I didn't have any problem.So, when the resolution on my first monitor is changed because of the game, the apps open on the second monitor slip to the right, and I can only see half of them. Also, if...
  3. My 2nd monitor screen slips when the resolution on 1st is changed. Any solution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 2nd monitor screen slips when the resolution on 1st is changed. Any solution?: Hello!I bought a new PC recently, I'm using 2 monitors, with the old PC I didn't have any problem.So, when the resolution on my first monitor is changed because of the game, the apps open on the second monitor slip to the right, and I can only see half of them. Also, if...
  4. After updating a desktop computer from Win 7 to Win 10, the TV/monitor is displaying NO SIGNAL.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating a desktop computer from Win 7 to Win 10, the TV/monitor is displaying NO SIGNAL.: The update didnt even finish. After the first restart it just stopped working.Cant even start BIOS or SAFE BOOT...still the same problem- NO SIGNAL. The desktop isnt even connected to the router so no remote connect. What am i supposed to do now?...
  5. After updating a desktop computer from Win 7 to Win 10, the TV/monitor is displaying NO SIGNAL.

After updating a desktop computer from Win 7 to Win 10, the TV/monitor is displaying NO SIGNAL.: The update didnt even finish. After the first restart it just stopped working.Cant even start BIOS or SAFE BOOT...still the same problem- NO SIGNAL. The desktop isnt even connected to the router so no remote connect. What am i supposed to do now?...
  6. After updating a desktop computer from Win 7 to Win 10, the TV/monitor is displaying NO SIGNAL.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do i move BIOS to monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i move BIOS to monitor?: Im on a ASUS TUF FA506IHRB, i punched the screen and it broke, i want to use BIOS to change some settings, but i cant see a thing only dead pixels and broken screen, how do i make BIOS show up on my AOC C27G2ZE, im also using HDMI, i just want to know how to move BIOS from my...
  8. How do i move BIOS to monitor?

How do i move BIOS to monitor?: Im on a ASUS TUF FA506IHRB, i punched the screen and it broke, i want to use BIOS to change some settings, but i cant see a thing only dead pixels and broken screen, how do i make BIOS show up on my AOC C27G2ZE, im also using HDMI, i just want to know how to move BIOS from my...
  9. Windows 10 only shows 1 monitor after restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 only shows 1 monitor after restart?: Hello, I have a weird problem.Everytime I restart my PC Windows is only displaying on my monitor 2. Monitor 1 stays off, despite being detected.If I hit Win + P it says Extend Monitors, but its executed as Only show on 2.I have to switch it to Duplicate and switch it back to...
  10. Windows 10 only shows 1 monitor after restart?

Windows 10 only shows 1 monitor after restart?: Hello, I have a weird problem.Everytime I restart my PC Windows is only displaying on my monitor 2. Monitor 1 stays off, despite being detected.If I hit Win + P it says Extend Monitors, but its executed as Only show on 2.I have to switch it to Duplicate and switch it back to...