Windows 10: Two Monitors

Discus and support Two Monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had two monitors working on my computer and the second one stopped working after an update. I switched HDMI cords and check all connections still not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Fredrick, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Two Monitors

I had two monitors working on my computer and the second one stopped working after an update. I switched HDMI cords and check all connections still not working. Maybe the HDMI Driver needs updating??

Thank you for your help.

John

:)

John Fredrick, Jul 11, 2020

2. about conecting two monitors

Hi Raul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact error message are you getting?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to
    run the hardware troubleshooter and check the issue status.

• Press “Windows key + X”.
    • Type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Method 2: I would suggest you to refer the article and make sure Dual Monitor settings are correct.

Connect a second monitor or projector

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Two Monitors

How to get Two Touchscreen Monitors to work on one PC with Windows 10.1

Thank you for your concern.

I have tried Mr. Verzoli's suggestion, although I could not check drivers through Nvidia, as Edge refused to setup needed Java. But I updated by help of TweakBit Driver Updater, which as you suggested, detected many outdated drivers. All were updated including
    my two monitors: Primary: Idek Iiyama PL2735M which works by touch as described in my original post, and still does, and secondary: Dell E2014T, which did not work as touch - and still does not after driver update.

Cables for primary is HDMI+USB. Cables for secondary is VGA+USB

Thank you.

K.BRØNNUM, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Two Monitors

1. Two Monitors - Similar Threads - Monitors

2. Windows 10 monitor does not go to sleep (ignores power setting)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 monitor does not go to sleep (ignores power setting): Hello, I need some help here. I did a clean install of Windows 10 20H2, I downloaded ISO 20H2 19042.631 from TechBench and installed with no problems, I set up all of my programs, drivers (including monitor driver), disabled some services, etc as I would with any other...
  3. Windows 10 monitor does not go to sleep (ignores power setting)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 monitor does not go to sleep (ignores power setting): Hello, I need some help here. I did a clean install of Windows 10 20H2, I downloaded ISO 20H2 19042.631 from TechBench and installed with no problems, I set up all of my programs, drivers (including monitor driver), disabled some services, etc as I would with any other...
  4. third party graphics card interfering with dual monitors???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    third party graphics card interfering with dual monitors???: I am using a third party graphics card which worked great in my older pc 1-1-2021 HP i3, running the graphics card plus an additional monitor in the hdmi port, I purchased a new pc HP i7 a month ago and installed the card and software as before, but i cannot get the pc to...
  5. mistake extension 2 monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mistake extension 2 monitor: I still have problems with double monitor extension. The windows update was a disaster. I can't see 2 monitors. Why? Urgent Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mistake-extension-2-monitor/b1c80017-4f6a-4296-b33f-2c243fd6d7ee
  6. [regression] All windows move to the last active monitor when switching virtual desktops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [regression] All windows move to the last active monitor when switching virtual desktops: Hi, a few months ago I noticed a new regression in windows virtual desktops. Specifically, when even I change desktops, all the windows on the desktop will move to whatever monitor was last active. I even managed to cause a crash by switching. Here is a video of the...
  7. Dual Monitor Setup Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Setup Doesn't Work: I am trying to set up dual monitors, and I couldn't plug them in individually because one of my HDMI ports does not work, I think its the one connected to my motherboard, so I got an HDMI extender that lets you connect to HDMI cables to one port, and now the other monitor...
  8. External monitor through USB-C not working after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor through USB-C not working after 21H1 update: HiUpdated yesterday my Windows 10 Pro to 21H1 version and my Dell P2219H monitor connected to my Dell XPS 9350 through USB-C to HDMI stopped working I use an UNI USB-C Ethernet Hub 8-in-1 . It worked without issues since I bought it in 2019 until the last Windows update...The...
  9. Multiple monitors connected to a laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple monitors connected to a laptop: Hello,Because my work issued laptop is a 12 inch display, I want to connect 2 monitors to it. I purchased a HDMI display splitter, but the 2 monitors are displaying the same screen. I want one monitor to show what is on the laptop. My laptop only has one HDMI port and the USB...
  10. Monitor Resolution Offset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor Resolution Offset: I dropped my 2nd monitor moving it and scratched up the right side of it making it hard to see things so I changed the resolution from 16:9 to 4:3 so it isn't in the way, but when at that resolution the image is centered so some it is still cut off so I was wondering if there...