Windows 10: Two months ago I cloned my HDD to a new SSD on my laptop and now i have a problem with the...

Discus and support Two months ago I cloned my HDD to a new SSD on my laptop and now i have a problem with the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I try to reset the laptop but I can't because there was a problem with the cloned ssd. So I call Microsoft and the person who "help" me told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniel Reina Cabrera, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Two months ago I cloned my HDD to a new SSD on my laptop and now i have a problem with the...

Recently I try to reset the laptop but I can't because there was a problem with the cloned ssd. So I call Microsoft and the person who "help" me told me to erase the system partition that I had it. Can the partition be created now without having to reset the laptop with the bios? Is it bad if the system is in the only partition that I have with the rest of the archives instead of put it in a separate partition?

:)

Daniel Reina Cabrera, Aug 29, 2019

2. Clone HDD to a SSD

I'm planing to upgrade my new laptop HDD to SSD while using my HDD as a storage media on my laptop. My laptop came with windows 10 Home OEM. If I cloned the HDD will the windows be activated after I
    cloned or will it be deactivated?? And what happend to other activated softwares like MS Office and Antivirus Softwares???

Thank you for your support.

Kasun Anuradha, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Smears Win User
    Restore Image or Clone from HDD to new SSD?

I have a single, non-partitioned (C:\ drive only) 500GB HDD in a desktop PC, using approx. 80 percent of it. I want to install a 500GB SSD, and clone or restore an image of the HDD to it. Once that's complete and successful, I plan to wipe the 500GB HDD
    and then move my large libraries of media from the newly installed SSD to it. My future holds lots of video editing and compiling, so the extra storage will help, along with the better performance via the SSD (and upgraded RAM as well).

I'm unable to find after much research a definitive answer as to whether cloning the HDD to the SSD is better than restoring an image of the HDD to the SSD. I've read where cloning will carry over bad sectors and such where imaging will not. I think I'm
    leaning toward image restore, keeping a copy of it on an external 1TB drive I have, to which I can periodically do image backups of the new, separate drives.

I'd also like to find a tutorial re: the same. Thanks in advance for any help.

Smears, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Two months ago I cloned my HDD to a new SSD on my laptop and now i have a problem with the...

Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

Hello, I received a new Samsung 860 EVO SSD and want to clone my current HDD to my new SSD. There's one small problem. My laptop came pre-enabled with Device Encryption also know as Bitlocker. It originally came with Windows 10 Home but I upgraded it
    to pro so i have all options available. I was about to clone it when Macrium reflect said that bitlocker would be disabled on the new drive and that i would have to reenable it. How can i clone the HDD to my new SSD and keep bitlocker enabled without bitlocker
    flipping out?

Keitaro Gangewere, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Two months ago I cloned my HDD to a new SSD on my laptop and now i have a problem with the...

1. Two months ago I cloned my HDD to a new SSD on my laptop and now i have a problem with the... - Similar Threads - months ago cloned

2. I have two hard drives in my laptop, SSD and HDD. I want to format Windows on my SSD and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two hard drives in my laptop, SSD and HDD. I want to format Windows on my SSD and...: I have two hard drives in my laptop, SSD and HDD. I want to format Windows on my SSD and delete all files and documents from it, leaving only Windows. I want the HDD to remain unchanged, so that all documents remain on it after formatting the SSD. I have windows 10 pro...
  3. I have two hard drives in my laptop, SSD and HDD. I want to format Windows on my SSD and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two hard drives in my laptop, SSD and HDD. I want to format Windows on my SSD and...: I have two hard drives in my laptop, SSD and HDD. I want to format Windows on my SSD and delete all files and documents from it, leaving only Windows. I want the HDD to remain unchanged, so that all documents remain on it after formatting the SSD. I have windows 10 pro...
  4. I have two hard drives in my laptop, SSD and HDD. I want to format Windows on my SSD and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. A two month ago I purchased my pc but now my pc restart when in inactivity or no use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A two month ago I purchased my pc but now my pc restart when in inactivity or no use.: A two month ago I purchased my pc but now my pc restart when in inactivity or no use. instead of getting in sleep it restart my pc. But while in use Or watching video playing games heavy editing it run smooth please help!...
  6. I reset my laptop about month or two ago. When I done this reset, I have no feedback hub,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset my laptop about month or two ago. When I done this reset, I have no feedback hub,...: Hi, Everyone!Listen, I reset this device about a month or two ago, May 21, 2022, it was reset. When it was done resetting it left some things out of the resetting Windows 10. I didn't want to keep files or anything but reset gave them back anyways! I don't comprehend things...
  7. I reset my laptop about month or two ago. When I done this reset, I have no feedback hub,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reset my laptop about month or two ago. When I done this reset, I have no feedback hub,...: Hi, Everyone!Listen, I reset this device about a month or two ago, May 21, 2022, it was reset. When it was done resetting it left some things out of the resetting Windows 10. I didn't want to keep files or anything but reset gave them back anyways! I don't comprehend things...
  8. I reset my laptop about month or two ago. When I done this reset, I have no feedback hub,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. I have cloned my SSD to my HDD but now I can’t connect my HDD, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have cloned my SSD to my HDD but now I can’t connect my HDD, help?: So I connect my Crucial MX500 and used acronis to clone. Then I turned off my computer, disconnected the Hard drive and turned it back on. My computer now runs on my new SSD, great, that was my initial goal. I tried reconnecting the HDD to use it as extra storage but Windows...
  10. I was unable to clone my HDD to my SSD due to the size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was unable to clone my HDD to my SSD due to the size: So basically I had a 1tb HDD, and I just had gotten myself a 256ssd. I was unable to clone my HDD to my SSD due to the size. So is the only way to use a media installation tool on my SDD and buying another key? Or should I format my HDD and then clone it to my SSD? submitted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I have a new ssd that was cloned for a laptop Laptop got busted can I re use ssd in another laptop