Windows 10: Two Music Folders, One a Subfolder of the Other

Discus and support Two Music Folders, One a Subfolder of the Other in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 20H2 I recently did some housekeeping in my Music folder and somehow ended up with two "Music" folders. Here's how they display in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CluelessInSeatl, May 22, 2021.

1. Two Music Folders, One a Subfolder of the Other

Windows 10 Version 20H2 I recently did some housekeeping in my Music folder and somehow ended up with two "Music" folders. Here's how they display in Windows File Explorer: As you can see in the screenshot, the icon for the main folder, the subfolder directly under libraries, has an underline under the icon. I'd like to move the second Music folder back up to the slot occupied by the Music folder with the underlined icon. But I don't have a clue how to do it. I'm worried if I try something simple and obvious; like renaming the primary Music folder, moving the secondary Music folder up one level, and then deleting the renamed primary folder; I might inadvertently mess up the way File Explorer keeps tracks of things. Another possibility would be to move all the subfolders of the secondary "Music" folder, up into the primary "Music" folder, and then delete the now empty secondary "Music" folder. I'd be grateful for some advice on the safest way to get this maverick folder back where it belongs. Will in Seattle a.k.a. "Clueless"

:)

CluelessInSeatl, May 22, 2021

2. How do I move a subfolder from its folder on the Edge Favorites bar to its own position on the Favorites bar?

Hi Denzil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Click on the Hub option on top right of the screen.
    • Select the subfolder that you want to move.
    • Drag the subfolder & drop on the folder.

Check if it helps

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 22, 2021
  3. heniv Win User
    Why does Windows 10 exit to parent folder up on dragging a file to a network folder?

Your list is correct Shawn,

The open 'subfolder' will step back into 'folder', with 'subfolder' selected in the list.

This behaivour does not apply to local folders.

Server is a regular Windows 7 PC.

heniv, May 22, 2021
  4. Jak25 Win User

Two Music Folders, One a Subfolder of the Other

LIST view for folders and subfolders - Win10

Hi.

I've only just installed Windows 10-- I waited til the last possible moment in hopes of having the least problem with bugs or other issues from a year ago.

I suppose this isn't indigenous to 10, but since all my folders seem to be defaulting to Details view, I went looking for a way to make select folders AND their subfolders-- specifically, the Documents folder and Downloads-- show as List view.

Anyway, I read a few things about Registry tweaks, but, although I'm pretty well-versed in PCs, I really don't understand much of what's discussed about Registry stuff; I do much better with a specific, step-by-step instruction.

I appreciate the .Bat files Brink provide in his link, but alas, none of those options allow for List view. Is my ONLY option to individually change each one? Because, that seems so unnecessary in 2016! No idea why it wouldn't be an ultra-simple bit of code. But, do you know of a way to do what I'm asking?

(Parenthetically, an awful lot of "Windows 10" tweaks I'm seeing online illustrate menus and views that aren't there in my Windows. Weird stuff.)

Thanks!

Jak

Jak25, May 22, 2021
Thema:

Two Music Folders, One a Subfolder of the Other

1. Two Music Folders, One a Subfolder of the Other - Similar Threads - Music Folders Subfolder

2. When I delete the Music file in one directory, all the other music files in other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I delete the Music file in one directory, all the other music files in other...: I'm trying to remove an old top-level folder. When I delete the Window default Music file shown in the folder. All the other Music files in other folder and directories stop working. When I click on them, I get a message "Location is not available". C:\User\Steve\Music is...
  3. When I delete the Music file in one directory, all the other music files in other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I delete the Music file in one directory, all the other music files in other...: I'm trying to remove an old top-level folder. When I delete the Window default Music file shown in the folder. All the other Music files in other folder and directories stop working. When I click on them, I get a message "Location is not available". C:\User\Steve\Music is...
  4. Folders and Subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and Subfolders: Using windows explorer to organize photos by year and then subfolders for activities during that year I want to be able to see all folders and subfolders on the main windows explorer screen without having to click on the year folder to see what that year contains. Is that...
  5. Cutting and pasting multiple subfolders into multiple other subfolders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cutting and pasting multiple subfolders into multiple other subfolders: Hello, I have a directory in the File Explorer set up like: C:\Users\asmith\OneDrive\Employees\ In this folder Employees are 200 subfolders labeled by name. In each of those 200 subfolders there are another 6 subfolders: Payments Reports 2021 Indirect Payments...
  6. WindowsApps\Deleted and other subfolders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps\Deleted and other subfolders: Hello, listing the content of %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps, I see a bunch of folders which appear to have a special function. Namely: - Deleted - DeletedAllUserPackages - MovedPackages - Mutable - MutableBackup Does anybody have an idea of their purpose? Sure, I'm not going to...
  7. Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders

Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders: Hi, I don't know how this happened, but somehow I have two folders with the same name, same address/location but entirely different contents. [ATTACH] Because of this Windows completely bugs out when you try to move either of these folders. I can change the contents...
  8. Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer: Hello, After installing Windows 10 a couple of years ago I followed this tutorial to relocate my 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders to my D: drive. Now, whenever Windows 10 updates, if I browse to %USERPROFILE% I see two 'Music' folders and two 'Pictures' folders in Explorer:...
  9. Two user sharing one folder

Two user sharing one folder: Hi all, If 2 users both use the same folder to do work on, and 1 user account is deleted, will it delete that folder so as the other user will loose everything in there ? 115796
  10. Two Music Folders same content

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Music Folders same content: So I've somehow managed to have made two music folders when trying to map download and music folders on my new system. They point to the same location but are have different icons. If I change the location through properties dialog box they both update. Any help? [img]...