Windows 10: two networked computers cannot exchange data

Discus and support two networked computers cannot exchange data in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop PC and a Surface Book 3 laptop both running Windows 10 Pro and both running on the same network. Explorer on both computers show the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stan Kay, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Stan Kay Win User

two networked computers cannot exchange data

I have a desktop PC and a Surface Book 3 laptop both running Windows 10 Pro and both running on the same network. Explorer on both computers show the computers and the Media Devices. From both Computers I can click on the Media Devices and fully access and use my photos & videos without entering any credentials etc. However, if I click on a Computer icon to access documents, software etc I am asked to enter network credentials but I am then told that my user name or password is incorrect! I have examined my Windows Credentials and that shows the credentials that I have used.

Can anyone please tell me why I can access Media but not Documents and why my valid login credentials are rejected?

:)

Stan Kay, Jun 12, 2020
  2. geno368 Win User

Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

geno368, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

two networked computers cannot exchange data partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jun 12, 2020
  4. two networked computers cannot exchange data

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

two networked computers cannot exchange data

1. two networked computers cannot exchange data - Similar Threads - networked computers cannot

2. Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue: HiWe had Workstation With Windows XP with DDE server and SCADA system Supervisory control and data acquisition works as DDE Client, it was working good and communication was very good.issue:We upgraded Windows XP to Windows 10 With the same DDE server and the same SCADA...
  3. Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue: HiWe had Workstation With Windows XP with DDE server and SCADA system Supervisory control and data acquisition works as DDE Client, it was working good and communication was very good.issue:We upgraded Windows XP to Windows 10 With the same DDE server and the same SCADA...
  4. Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. One of my networked computers cannot access data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One of my networked computers cannot access data: I have a PC and a Laptop connected to the same network and they are both running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 b19042.541. They can ping each other and they can see each other. The PC can read and write data to the Laptop. However the Laptop cannot read or write data because the...
  6. Network two computers

Network two computers: How do I share files between two Windows 10 computers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-two-computers/06745509-10ba-4ffd-9d36-4092d2e421d9
  7. Networked computers cannot exchange data

Networked computers cannot exchange data: I have a desktop PC and a Surface Book 3 laptop both running Windows 10 Pro and both running on the same network. Explorer on both computers show the computers and the Media Devices. From both Computers I can click on the Media Devices and fully access and use my photos &...
  8. Share Data Between the two Computers

Share Data Between the two Computers: I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between the two computers \ I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between them. Some times I can see both computers and sometimes I cant. [Original Title: Roy]...
  9. Transferring data between two computers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring data between two computers.: Hello, I have recently bought a new laptop and I want to transfer all the data from my Personal Computer to laptop. Which option should I use, disk image or clone creator? Is transferring all the data in order to make my laptop the same as my computer even possible? Both...
  10. Problem Networking Two Computers

Problem Networking Two Computers: I am having problems with Networking 2 Windows 10 computers. The first computer is an HP Laptop with windows 10 factory installed. It connects to my router via a wireless connection. The second is a Dell Desktop with 2 SSD's -- one containing Win 7 and the other Win 10....