Windows 10: Two NVMe drives and trying to install windows on one of them

Discus and support Two NVMe drives and trying to install windows on one of them in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two nvme drives installed and I'm trying to install windows on one of them but it keeps giving me the "could not create partition or locate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/justaplainman78954, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Two NVMe drives and trying to install windows on one of them

I have two nvme drives installed and I'm trying to install windows on one of them but it keeps giving me the "could not create partition or locate existing one" error no matter what I do. Are there soecial steps I'm supposed to take to install windows 10 on an nvme?

I tried doing diskpart, reinstalling the drives, unplugging all of my usb devices.

submitted by /u/justaplainman78954
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/justaplainman78954, Jul 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

Thanks. This helped but only partly.

NVMe disk is now listed in choose-disk step but installer says that its unable to install WIndows on this disk because it has MBR partition. Windows can only be installed on GPT disks in EFI systems.

What should i do now ?

WojciechCe, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Two NVMe drives and trying to install windows on one of them

little cat, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Two NVMe drives and trying to install windows on one of them

1. Two NVMe drives and trying to install windows on one of them - Similar Threads - NVMe drives trying

2. Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive: I am trying to install Windows from scratch using a bootable USB to a completely new M2-disk. Everything works as it is supposed to until the part in the installation where it restarts the computer to continue. After restarting it just boots the USB-drive again. I can still...
  3. Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive: I am trying to install Windows from scratch using a bootable USB to a completely new M2-disk. Everything works as it is supposed to until the part in the installation where it restarts the computer to continue. After restarting it just boots the USB-drive again. I can still...
  4. Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issue installing windows on nvme drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue installing windows on nvme drive: submitted by /u/sessinnek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/km8hlz/issue_installing_windows_on_nvme_drive/
  6. Installing windows on an nvme with two of them installed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows on an nvme with two of them installed?: I have two nvme ssds installed and I'm trying to install windows 10 on one of them but I keep getting an error that says a partition can't be found or created and windows can't install on the partition. I've been trying to install it from a usb drive. I've already tried...
  7. Two desktops. Want to remove one of them

in Windows 10 Support
    Two desktops. Want to remove one of them: Hello. I have HUAWEI MateBook X. My problem is that I have TWO different desktops. So long story short, when I bought the laptop I had OneDrive installed on it. I thought that the 2nd desktop was connected to it in order to transfer files to the cloud because the path to that...
  8. Two One Drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two One Drives?: Just got a Windows tablet and everything is working pretty well. BUT Went to copy some files from One Drive that I had just sent from my desktop specifically for that purpose. When I logged into One Drive from the tablet it showed a whole different set of files than those I...
  9. Windows installed on 2 drives and need to format one of them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installed on 2 drives and need to format one of them: hi, I just bought two SSD drives and installed Win 10 on the 250gb one. I don't know what happened (what I did!) but when I opened the SSD 500gb W10 got installed there too. I didn't install any programs on the 250gb - So how do I safely remove Windows from it. Thank...
  10. There are two user accounts shown in Windows C: drive but one of them does not appear in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    There are two user accounts shown in Windows C: drive but one of them does not appear in...: Under Users in the Windows C: drive, there are 4 users listed: Default, Karen, kwsta, and Public. The "Default" is mostly empty as is "Karen", and most of my data is in "kwsta". In Control Panel and Settings both, only a user (administrator) account with my full name appears....