Windows 10: Two One Drive Folders showing up in File Explorer when I would expect one.

Discus and support Two One Drive Folders showing up in File Explorer when I would expect one. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi just got a new computer and I have windows 10. My previous computer also had windows 10. On my previous computer there is 1 one drive folder. On my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Question243, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Two One Drive Folders showing up in File Explorer when I would expect one.

Hi just got a new computer and I have windows 10. My previous computer also had windows 10. On my previous computer there is 1 one drive folder. On my new computer when I set up one drive there are two one drive folders. 1 of them looks empty but if you click it it opens to the second one drive folder that is linked to my account and shows all of the files I would expect. The second one drive folder works as intended.Why are there two one drive folders? How do I get rid of one of them?I also noticed that there is a program One Drive for business that is on my machine that I can't uninsta

:)

Question243, Oct 21, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hi Kari,

If you're having trouble seeing your personal documents, it might be caused by a file corruption. We suggest following the steps provided by Pavan_N in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving similar issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 21, 2021
  3. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Two One Drive Folders showing up in File Explorer when I would expect one.

Files and folders not displayed in File Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are missing some folders and files are missing.

Please follow the below steps and see if you can view the files or folders,

1. Type File Explorer options in the
    Search Bar and then Enter.

2. Click on the View Tab and then check the
    Show hidden files folders and drives.

3. Click on Apply and then
    Ok.

4. Now check for the missing files and folders.

I would suggest you to check the size of the complete files on laptop and then on Desktop.

Change the driver letter on the desktop and check if that is the problem.

Please follow the below steps for the same,

1. Click on Windows key + R for
    Run.

2. Type diskmgmt.msc and then
    Enter.

3. Right-click the drive that you want to change, and then click
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

Do one of the following:

• To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, click
        Add
        , click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
      • To change a drive letter, click Change,click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click
        OK.
      • To remove a drive letter, click Remove,and then click
        Yes
        to confirm that you want to remove it.
    Note:

• Some programs make references to specific drive letters. If you change a drive letter, these programs might not work correctly.
    • If you get an error, the drive you are trying to change might be in use. Close any program or window that is using the drive and try again.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Two One Drive Folders showing up in File Explorer when I would expect one.

1. Two One Drive Folders showing up in File Explorer when I would expect one. - Similar Threads - Drive Folders showing

2. Two monitors showing up as one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two monitors showing up as one.: I have a 3 monitor setup on my surface go laptop one screen is connected via xbox casting and the other two are connected via the dodocool 7 in one usb c hub i have a vga and a hdmi connected they all show different thing except for the usbc hub they show the smae thing in...
  3. Two monitors showing up as one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two monitors showing up as one.: I have a 3 monitor setup on my surface go laptop one screen is connected via xbox casting and the other two are connected via the dodocool 7 in one usb c hub i have a vga and a hdmi connected they all show different thing except for the usbc hub they show the smae thing in...
  4. One Drive not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive not showing in file explorer: I switched from Windows 11 home to Pro and actually am experiencing a couple of issues. One Drive is no longer showing in file explorer, and I am no longer able to use the fingerprint to log into computer. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....
  5. One Drive not showing in file explorer

One Drive not showing in file explorer: I switched from Windows 11 home to Pro and actually am experiencing a couple of issues. One Drive is no longer showing in file explorer, and I am no longer able to use the fingerprint to log into computer. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....
  6. Two One Drive Folders showing up in File Explorer when I would expect one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two One Drive Folders showing up in File Explorer when I would expect one.: Hi just got a new computer and I have windows 10. My previous computer also had windows 10. On my previous computer there is 1 one drive folder. On my new computer when I set up one drive there are two one drive folders. 1 of them looks empty but if you click it it opens to...
  7. Two One Drive Folders showing up in File Explorer when I would expect one.

Two One Drive Folders showing up in File Explorer when I would expect one.: Hi just got a new computer and I have windows 10. My previous computer also had windows 10. On my previous computer there is 1 one drive folder. On my new computer when I set up one drive there are two one drive folders. 1 of them looks empty but if you click it it opens to...
  8. File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder: When I open certain folders on my Windows 10 PC, Explorer freezes up and I have to wait for the folder contents to individually "load" before it unfreezes. I recorded this video of the issue: The first time I encountered this glitch was a few weeks ago, immediately after I...
  9. File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder: NOTE TO MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES AND INDEPENDENT ADVISORS: I kindly request that you don't reply with a generic copy/pasted wall of text until you've read this entire first post. No disrespect, I just don't want to waste anyone's time with suggestions that I've already tried or...
  10. File Explorer freezes and loads files one by one when I open certain folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer freezes and loads files one by one when I open certain folders: NOTE TO MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES AND INDEPENDENT ADVISORS: I kindly request that you don't reply with a generic copy/pasted wall of text until you've read this entire first post. No disrespect, I just don't want to waste anyone's time with suggestions that I've already tried or...