Windows 10: Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted

Discus and support Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I set up the Onedrive folder in a non-default location, but now I have two Onedrive folders; the one I set up in the custom location, and another one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kitpzyxmsir, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted

I set up the Onedrive folder in a non-default location, but now I have two Onedrive folders; the one I set up in the custom location, and another one that was created at the same time in the default location.

I can't get rid of the one in the default location without unlinking both.

I searched for solutions but nothing works.

Windows 10 Pro

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Oct 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted

1. Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted - Similar Threads - Onedrive folders unwanted

2. Two computers, one desktop in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two computers, one desktop in OneDrive: Recently I bought a minicomputer for the purpose of mirroring my main computer in case it dies. I immediately did a clean install on the mini to get rid of a bunch of stuff I don't need and don't want on the mini. In fact, I have gone through many clean installs trying to...
  3. Two computers, one desktop in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two computers, one desktop in OneDrive: Recently I bought a minicomputer for the purpose of mirroring my main computer in case it dies. I immediately did a clean install on the mini to get rid of a bunch of stuff I don't need and don't want on the mini. In fact, I have gone through many clean installs trying to...
  4. Unwanted folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted folders: Windows 10 Home 20H2. There are 2 folders, one called Pictures, the other called Videos, which keep appearing on my desktop. Both these folders are empty. I keep deleting them but as soon as I restart the computer they reappear. Why is this happening and how do I get rid of...
  5. OneDrive unwanted sync across two laptop and PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive unwanted sync across two laptop and PC: Today I opened up my laptop and OneDrive has synced everything from my pc's homescreen to my laptop's homescreen which I don't want, as I use my laptop for school and work, and desktop PC for games. My homescreen on my laptop was specifically setup and organized and now...
  6. unwanted files in onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unwanted files in onedrive: How do I remove unwanted files in onedrive to free up space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-files-in-onedrive/ad37a0b1-2e82-43d1-919a-97ea8f5ae532
  7. Onedrive one account two pc's different onedrive content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive one account two pc's different onedrive content: I expected that with one Onedrive account I would find the same Onedrive content when accessed from any device. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-one-account-two-pcs-different-onedrive/0faf8e2d-9752-44a0-89d0-77838bcacd21"
  8. only one Onedrive folder for two OS windows on same computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    only one Onedrive folder for two OS windows on same computer: Hello, I have win 7 Pro & win 10 Pro on same computer (dual boot) I need to have only one Onedrive folder sharing between both OS.....like do Dropbox. Both OS has installed OneDrive App with the same credentials but Win 7 Pro can not reach the Onedrive folder created in...
  9. OneDrive and two PCs Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive and two PCs Documents Folder: Hello, I have an older Dell All-inOne PC running windows 10. I keep most of my files in the - This PC\ Documents folder. I started using oneDrive to backup my Documents folder. I think when I set this up I just copied the This PC\Documents folder to OnDrive so I now have...
  10. Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders: My c:\Users\<Username> folder is showing TWO OneDrive folders. [img] firstly, how can two entries of exactly the same name exist in a single folder? Now, how to handle this? Though, I don't have to manually access any of these, as I have a separate folder at...