Windows 10: Two OneDrive Icons

Discus and support Two OneDrive Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a blue one and a gray one. I'm used to the blue one, but the gray one shows a different UI. Where could it have arrived from? Is this another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kupuna, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Kupuna Win User

Two OneDrive Icons

I have a blue one and a gray one. I'm used to the blue one, but the gray one shows a different UI. Where could it have arrived from? Is this another case like "Outlook" and "Outlook.com? Can I delete or merge the gray one? Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎11/‎14/‎2020 OS build 19043.1055 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

:)

Kupuna, Jun 13, 2021

2. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Two OneDrive Icons ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 13, 2021
  3. OneDrive Icon

Thank you for your response. To move the OneDrive icon, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start button, then select Settings.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • On Perosonalization, click Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off Microsoft OneDrive.
    We will wait for the outcome.

Marielle Cas, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Two OneDrive Icons

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Two OneDrive Icons

1. Two OneDrive Icons - Similar Threads - OneDrive Icons

2. How do I prevent Windows from adding the OneDrive icon to my start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent Windows from adding the OneDrive icon to my start menu?: I keep deleting this GD icon from Start but every so often windows adds it back. I do use OD occasionally so I'm not wanting to disable it completely. But I'm at the point of doing so because the MS gods think needs to be there. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated....
  3. How do I prevent Windows from adding the OneDrive icon to my start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent Windows from adding the OneDrive icon to my start menu?: I keep deleting this GD icon from Start but every so often windows adds it back. I do use OD occasionally so I'm not wanting to disable it completely. But I'm at the point of doing so because the MS gods think needs to be there. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated....
  4. OneDrive has shifted labels for icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has shifted labels for icons in File Explorer: Hello,I'm having a really hard time trying find the right words to find answers for this situation...I've got OneDrive running, but ever since having it, the labels for the icons in File Explorer have all shifted as a result of some of the folders not being synced to...
  5. OneDrive has shifted labels for icons in File Explorer

OneDrive has shifted labels for icons in File Explorer: Hello,I'm having a really hard time trying find the right words to find answers for this situation...I've got OneDrive running, but ever since having it, the labels for the icons in File Explorer have all shifted as a result of some of the folders not being synced to...
  6. Two PC sync with OneDrive using Windows Backup resulted in duplicated app icons on Desktop...

Two PC sync with OneDrive using Windows Backup resulted in duplicated app icons on Desktop...: HiI have two system, ypthe first one is HP Notebook PC, and another system is Desktop PC.Both running Windows 11 Pro 23H2 release version, and I have use the same email for Microsoft account on both systemWindows Backup is enabled on both system including DesktopWhen the sync...
  7. Two PC sync with OneDrive using Windows Backup resulted in duplicated app icons on Desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two PC sync with OneDrive using Windows Backup resulted in duplicated app icons on Desktop...: HiI have two system, ypthe first one is HP Notebook PC, and another system is Desktop PC.Both running Windows 11 Pro 23H2 release version, and I have use the same email for Microsoft account on both systemWindows Backup is enabled on both system including DesktopWhen the sync...
  8. i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...: I Have Tried Numerous fixes pls help thumbnails work fine when bigger ihave tried deleting the icons.db rebooted used sage thumbs icon rebuilder nothingi already tried to reinstall onedrive and remove it through onedrive settings and still nothing either dont know if that has...
  9. i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...: I Have Tried Numerous fixes pls help thumbnails work fine when bigger ihave tried deleting the icons.db rebooted used sage thumbs icon rebuilder nothingi already tried to reinstall onedrive and remove it through onedrive settings and still nothing either dont know if that has...
  10. i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...