Windows 10: Two OneDrive Icons

Discus and support Two OneDrive Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a blue one and a gray one. I'm used to the blue one, but the gray one shows a different UI. Where could it have arrived from? Is this another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kupuna, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Kupuna Win User

Two OneDrive Icons

I have a blue one and a gray one. I'm used to the blue one, but the gray one shows a different UI. Where could it have arrived from? Is this another case like "Outlook" and "Outlook.com? Can I delete or merge the gray one? Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎11/‎14/‎2020 OS build 19043.1055 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

:)

Kupuna, Jun 13, 2021

2. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Two OneDrive Icons ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 13, 2021
  3. OneDrive Icon

Thank you for your response. To move the OneDrive icon, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start button, then select Settings.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • On Perosonalization, click Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off Microsoft OneDrive.
    We will wait for the outcome.

Marielle Cas, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Two OneDrive Icons

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Two OneDrive Icons

1. Two OneDrive Icons - Similar Threads - OneDrive Icons

2. I've accidentally closed the small cloud icon for a OneDrive Account and I can't get it back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I've accidentally closed the small cloud icon for a OneDrive Account and I can't get it back?: Hello!I've been trying to remove a OneDrive account from my pc/file explorer since it is for an organisation I am no longer with, but I accidentally clicked 'close OneDrive' instead of 'unlink this pc', and now the small cloud icon is gone and I can't find another way to...
  3. Files explorer in Windows 10 not showing desktop icon. Even in OneDrive. However, there is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files explorer in Windows 10 not showing desktop icon. Even in OneDrive. However, there is...: Files explorer in Windows 10 not showing desktop icon. Even in OneDrive. However, there is an icon called uploads with the desktop contents. Other than that, I have noticed the following:I started getting messages about deleted files when I was doing something else unrelated....
  4. Icon overlays from shell extensions not showing in OneDrive folders

Icon overlays from shell extensions not showing in OneDrive folders: I've downloaded the link shell extension, which among other things is supposed to show special icon overlays for hard links and symbolic links like this:However, these icon overlays don't show in OneDrive folders that is C:\users\myname\OneDrive and its subfolders:In the FAQ...
  5. Why won't my folder switch to a solid green onedrive icon?

Why won't my folder switch to a solid green onedrive icon?: I have set up a new laptop and cannot understand why one folder, which has been marked to "Always keep on this device", continues to show a green outlined icon with a check mark. Why won't this one folder switch to a solid green icon? Interestingly, the folderswithin this...
  6. Onedrive folder icon is now dark blue and it disappeared from the File Explorer

Onedrive folder icon is now dark blue and it disappeared from the File Explorer: I was messing with the onedrive folder trying to make the little icons near files and folders of my desktop disappear and I ended up deleting the Onedrive folder. The folder still appars in my user folder but it's dark blue and it doesn't appear on the side of the File...
  7. Personal Vault icon missing from OneDrive windows explorer, can access online

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Personal Vault icon missing from OneDrive windows explorer, can access online: Hi team, hope everyone is doing great.. Photo Vault working all good, can log in using authentication everything good while it was lying dormant. Decided to move some photos to the drive from my iPhone, the way files are organized and which files are copied was hard to...
  8. Why don't my personal and organisation OneDrive icons stay in place, in the System Tray?

Why don't my personal and organisation OneDrive icons stay in place, in the System Tray?: I have a personal OneDrive and a organisation OneDrive set up, but each time I reboot, the System Tray icons for these disappear. What is the best configuration to have these remain in the System Tray? Both OneDrives are of course available in File Explorer. My thanks,...
  9. Fix OneDrive icon missing from Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix OneDrive icon missing from Taskbar in Windows 10: OneDrive is the go-to cloud service for many Windows users. Microsoft has made using this service effortless by adding a small icon in the Taskbar. But recently some many Windows users have reported this issue where the OneDrive icon went missing from their Windows 10...
  10. OneDrive Desktop Icons on new Computer Not Showing

OneDrive Desktop Icons on new Computer Not Showing: Hi, I have an employee that just got a new work computer. She has signed into OneDrive on the new computer, and it has updated all of her data, says it is up to date. However, her Desktop Icons are not showing on her new computer. We can go into her File Explorer, and...