Windows 10: Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name

Discus and support Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have two onedrive personal accounts and they are both named OneDrive-Personal. Each is tied to a different email account. Without opening them I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Al Nels, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Al Nels Win User

Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name

I have two onedrive personal accounts and they are both named OneDrive-Personal. Each is tied to a different email account. Without opening them I can't tell the difference. Is there a method to rename either to reflect the unique email account or my choice of name? If not, any other ideas to discriminate between them?

:)

Al Nels, Feb 21, 2024

2. Can't add personal account to onedrive!!!

Hi Adam,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please follow the steps to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on adding personal account to OneDrive.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name

OneDrive complains about Personal Vault name

Hi, This is Bryll

Thank you for writing us here in Microsoft Community.

From your shared screenshot, it shows that renaming of file, pictures or folder has been attempted which contain restricted characters, names, file type, or file size. We recommend for you to check on the file or folder that you have made changes recently then check if the file or folder contains any OneDrive restrictions or limitations for syncing files or folder from this link: Restrictions and limitations in OneDrive and SharePoint - Microsoft Support

You can also try visiting OneDrive online from the web to access the Personal Vault and check for a file or folder that is causing the problem: Personal Cloud Storage – Microsoft OneDrive

If you have created a shortcut type of Personal OneDrive vault and stored it under the OneDrive folder in File explorer, you may need to revert the changes. Shortcuts are simply pointers to the original file or folder, and it is important to note that the OneDrive personal vault is only available to users with a Microsoft 365 Personal or Family subscription.

In addition, you can also try to delete the local "Personal Vault.lnk" file under OneDrive folder in File explorer and then restore it from the recycle bin. You can also find Personal Vault.lnk by searching for it in the Windows Start menu or File Explorer. This may regenerate the shortcut and solve the problem.

Should problem remain, we suggest in Unlinking OneDrive application and refreshing it by doing a OneDrive Reset.

Note: Before making any changes to your files and folders using the OneDrive application, it is highly recommended that you make necessary backups of your data.

Should you need further help, just let us know so we will recommend other strategies.

Yours truly,

Bryll

Microsoft Moderator

Bryll Karl P., Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name

1. Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name - Similar Threads - OneDrive Personal accounts

2. Two Personal OneDrives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Personal OneDrives: From what I've read, we're not supposed to be able to have two "personal" OneDrives, but somehow I've managed to have two please see attached screenshot. When I check the OneDrive settings on my PC, I can only see the top one. Also, I can only see one in File Explorer...
  3. Two Personal OneDrives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Personal OneDrives: From what I've read, we're not supposed to be able to have two "personal" OneDrives, but somehow I've managed to have two please see attached screenshot. When I check the OneDrive settings on my PC, I can only see the top one. Also, I can only see one in File Explorer...
  4. Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name: I have two onedrive personal accounts and they are both named OneDrive-Personal. Each is tied to a different email account. Without opening them I can't tell the difference. Is there a method to rename either to reflect the unique email account or my choice of name? If not,...
  5. Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name

Two OneDrive Personal accounts with same name: I have two onedrive personal accounts and they are both named OneDrive-Personal. Each is tied to a different email account. Without opening them I can't tell the difference. Is there a method to rename either to reflect the unique email account or my choice of name? If not,...
  6. two processes with the same name at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two processes with the same name at the same time: Hi. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit with Service Pack 1 on acer laptopEvery time when I turn on my laptop and open the task manager and open the "Processes" tab I see two processes with the same name at the same time, those two processes called "dwm.exe" .the first...
  7. onedrive personal and family accounts on same pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive personal and family accounts on same pc: w10 came with a small onedrive account tied to my outlook.com email idlater our family bought MS 365 for the storage benefit of 5TB per account shared. This account is tied to my gmail.com email idnow this pc shows the small onedrive personal virtual drive but not the new...
  8. onedrive personal and family accounts on same pc

onedrive personal and family accounts on same pc: w10 came with a small onedrive account tied to my outlook.com email idlater our family bought MS 365 for the storage benefit of 5TB per account shared. This account is tied to my gmail.com email idnow this pc shows the small onedrive personal virtual drive but not the new...
  9. Two Games with the same name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Games with the same name.: Why does Windows have a problem with video games with the same name? EA has two different versions of the video game Need for Speed Most Wanted. But that is all they have in common. The first Need for Speed Most Wanted was developed by Black Box Games and was released in...
  10. Two User Accounts with same name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two User Accounts with same name: Hi everyone, I'm well aware that this topic was posted multiple times. However non of the so far provided solutions worked for me. Two days ago I reinstalled windows. During the installation process my computer had no internet connection, so I created a local account. Later...