Windows 10: Two OS in Windows 10 - is this slowing the laptop?

Discus and support Two OS in Windows 10 - is this slowing the laptop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last time I had to do I hard restart I noticed I seem to have two OS's (both Windows 10) and I was given a choice about which one to use when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SBYH, Nov 21, 2018.

1. SBYH Win User

Two OS in Windows 10 - is this slowing the laptop?

Last time I had to do I hard restart I noticed I seem to have two OS's (both Windows 10) and I was given a choice about which one to use when restarting. Not sure how this came about, but when I go to This PC in Windows Explorer I see a drive called OS (DTwo OS in Windows 10 - is this slowing the laptop? :). The usage bar is red and shows only 15 GB available of 185 GB.

First question is whether this situation is likely to be slowing the computer, which has been running lately like a relic from the '90s.

Second question is how to determine which OS is unecessary and how to remove the unecessary OS, or if doing this is even necessary.

The laptop is a low-end Asus about 3 years old.

:)

2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Two OS in Windows 10 - is this slowing the laptop? - Similar Threads - slowing laptop

2. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  3. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  4. If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?: I wanted to know if I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down? Just kinda nervous of messing my laptop up fron it...
  5. If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?

If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?: I wanted to know if I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down? Just kinda nervous of messing my laptop up fron it...
  6. Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.: i can see that more people had the same problems, i need a solution : the internet is too slow!The velocity on Speedtest looks good. i think that is a PC problem like if he has a internet limit. i tried other wifi and its still the same. Thanks u.I have wimdow 11I intalled...
  7. Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.

Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.: i can see that more people had the same problems, i need a solution : the internet is too slow!The velocity on Speedtest looks good. i think that is a PC problem like if he has a internet limit. i tried other wifi and its still the same. Thanks u.I have wimdow 11I intalled...
  8. Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging: Hello,I have an issue with my PC running Windows 11. I notice a significant slowdown of the CPU, with lag and freeze, when the computer is charging. This happens even with the original charger a 45 Watt USB C type.As soon as I unplug the charger, the PC resumes functioning...
  9. Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging

Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging: Hello,I have an issue with my PC running Windows 11. I notice a significant slowdown of the CPU, with lag and freeze, when the computer is charging. This happens even with the original charger a 45 Watt USB C type.As soon as I unplug the charger, the PC resumes functioning...
  10. My window 11 became window 10 automatically and my laptop have been working slow and some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My window 11 became window 10 automatically and my laptop have been working slow and some...: Please help me my laptop is lagging and some of my data has gone. Basically 2 days ago my laptop got freeze while using and I clicked on shutdown button and I clicked it several time and then somehow BIOS setup open and I don't remember carefully but I think I clicked option...