Windows 10: Two OS in Windows 10 - is this slowing the laptop?

Discus and support Two OS in Windows 10 - is this slowing the laptop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last time I had to do I hard restart I noticed I seem to have two OS's (both Windows 10) and I was given a choice about which one to use when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SBYH, Nov 21, 2018.

1. SBYH Win User

Two OS in Windows 10 - is this slowing the laptop?

Last time I had to do I hard restart I noticed I seem to have two OS's (both Windows 10) and I was given a choice about which one to use when restarting. Not sure how this came about, but when I go to This PC in Windows Explorer I see a drive called OS (DTwo OS in Windows 10 - is this slowing the laptop? :). The usage bar is red and shows only 15 GB available of 185 GB.

First question is whether this situation is likely to be slowing the computer, which has been running lately like a relic from the '90s.

Second question is how to determine which OS is unecessary and how to remove the unecessary OS, or if doing this is even necessary.

The laptop is a low-end Asus about 3 years old.

:)

2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Two OS in Windows 10 - is this slowing the laptop? - Similar Threads - slowing laptop

2. (Windows 10) Everything suddenly become slow in my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    (Windows 10) Everything suddenly become slow in my laptop: Help needed, my laptop is 2 year old now, i was casually doing my thing download game and play game at the same the respond was still fast when open file, transfer file , open app and restart but suddenly it become slow sometime i cant open the file/app, restart take hours...
  3. Asus laptop now very slow after windows 10 installed and insider added.

Asus laptop now very slow after windows 10 installed and insider added.: Windows 10 was installed when free upgrade was available in 2014. Rarely used since then. Now is very slow even with windows insider updating. Need help to speed up....
  4. Laptop slowing down after BSOD

Laptop slowing down after BSOD: A couple weeks ago, i started to receive BSOD, with the error CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED. I didnt do much about it and continued to use my laptop after restarting it. However, recently when i tried to insert a video into a powerpoint, i would receive a BSOD. My laptop has been...
  5. sudden extremely slow hp laptop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sudden extremely slow hp laptop on windows 10: A couple weeks ago my hp laptop suddenly began running very slowly. I have never had this happen before. the laptop is three years old and I have plenty of memory left. I d/l malwarebytes and it found one pup and quaranteed it. I d/led spybot and adaware and found basically...
  6. Windows 10 slow startup on Acer v5-571 laptop

Windows 10 slow startup on Acer v5-571 laptop: Why is the Acer v3-571 laptop so slooooooow to startup with Windows 10? I've tried clean re-installing Windows 10 with all files data deleted. turned off startup files and windows defender. NOTHING WORKS!!!! Why does Windows 10 take forever to start up on this laptop?...
  7. Slow Laptop

Slow Laptop: I'm using Windows 10. Boot up is slow and my Quicken program can take 2-3 minutes to boot up. What suggestions do you have. Thanks R. Herz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-laptop/20748a8a-61f3-471b-8bec-fee26c06ecc9
  8. slow laptop

slow laptop: I have a Toshiba using Microsoft 365. Up until 2 weeks ago it ran fast without a problem. Now since an update it's slow, lagging, acting like it's thinking about doing something else instead of what I've just asked it to do: open a word document, open excel, open internet....
  9. 100% disk usage slowing laptop since 22 January 2019 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    100% disk usage slowing laptop since 22 January 2019 update: 100% disk usage slowing acer laptop since 22 January 2019 windows 10 update ans 23 Jan 2019 Realtek driver update. Tried opening safe mode still have prob. Downloaded and ran ms security scanner and no viruses detected. Can you help? Lesley...
  10. Windows 10 Home seems buggy and slow in my Dell Laptop

Windows 10 Home seems buggy and slow in my Dell Laptop: Hello everyone. I am new to this community. Please help me out in improving performance of my Dell Inspiron Laptop running Windows 10 Home. My Laptop's specifications are given below: Model: Dell Inspiron 5559 Processor : Intel i5 6th Gen RAM : 16 GB Dedicated...