Windows 10: Two OS's at the same time

Discus and support Two OS's at the same time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community, I was talking with an agent from Microsoft Support who told me that you could run two operating systems on your computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TechNow389, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Two OS's at the same time

Hello Microsoft Community,

I was talking with an agent from Microsoft Support who told me that you could run two operating systems on your computer (for example, Windows 7 and Windows 10). He said you would just have to select which OS you would like to boot into on startup. Is this possible? How is this possible? And would I need two license keys?

Thanks.

:)

TechNow389, Feb 17, 2019
  2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Feb 17, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Two OS's at the same time :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 17, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

Two OS's at the same time

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Two OS's at the same time

1. Two OS's at the same time - Similar Threads - OS's same

2. One Windows 10 or 11 OS Key Serial Number for Multiple installs on same Partitioned PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One Windows 10 or 11 OS Key Serial Number for Multiple installs on same Partitioned PC: HelloWe run Automotive dealer level software. Sometime these software are made by the same company and you cannot install them into the same OS. They will corrupt each other. Ford and Mazda are good examples. We are trying to avoid having to use multiple pc's all the time....
  3. One Windows 10 or 11 OS Key Serial Number for Multiple installs on same Partitioned PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Windows 10 or 11 OS Key Serial Number for Multiple installs on same Partitioned PC: HelloWe run Automotive dealer level software. Sometime these software are made by the same company and you cannot install them into the same OS. They will corrupt each other. Ford and Mazda are good examples. We are trying to avoid having to use multiple pc's all the time....
  4. One Windows 10 or 11 OS Key Serial Number for Multiple installs on same Partitioned PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error code: 0x300005e, Trying to connect from Mac OS to Windows 10 Pro through same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 0x300005e, Trying to connect from Mac OS to Windows 10 Pro through same network: Recently my Remote Desktop connection has been failing between my Mac OS and Windows 10 Pro 21H2 computer. It was working at the beginning of the month, but now I get Error code: 0x300005e. Through my own troubleshooting so far, I have discovered that my Mac cannot ping my...
  6. Error code: 0x300005e, Trying to connect from Mac OS to Windows 10 Pro through same network

Error code: 0x300005e, Trying to connect from Mac OS to Windows 10 Pro through same network: Recently my Remote Desktop connection has been failing between my Mac OS and Windows 10 Pro 21H2 computer. It was working at the beginning of the month, but now I get Error code: 0x300005e. Through my own troubleshooting so far, I have discovered that my Mac cannot ping my...
  7. Error code: 0x300005e, Trying to connect from Mac OS to Windows 10 Pro through same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Can you reinstall windows 11 after switching OS on the same Hardware?

Can you reinstall windows 11 after switching OS on the same Hardware?: hellofor a school project i have to use Linux for a small period of time. if i reinstall windows 11 afterwards, can i use the same product key to get windows 11?...
  9. Can you reinstall windows 11 after switching OS on the same Hardware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you reinstall windows 11 after switching OS on the same Hardware?: hellofor a school project i have to use Linux for a small period of time. if i reinstall windows 11 afterwards, can i use the same product key to get windows 11?...
  10. My Windows 11 pro-OS build 22621.963 file explorer folders are missing .... and the same is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 pro-OS build 22621.963 file explorer folders are missing .... and the same is...: My Windows 11 pro-OS build 22621.963 file explorer folders are missing .... and the same is used in windows 11 pro-OS build 22621.963 in VMware it shows folders how do I fix this...