Windows 10: Two Partitions With Same Drive Letter on Same Disk; Explores shows differently, Disk...

Discus and support Two Partitions With Same Drive Letter on Same Disk; Explores shows differently, Disk... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Here are the snippets of it! [ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by frustrated‍, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Two Partitions With Same Drive Letter on Same Disk; Explores shows differently, Disk...

Here are the snippets of it!

Two Partitions With Same Drive Letter on Same Disk; Explores shows differently, Disk... c91e910f-d693-4493-8560-8126204e9de7?upload=true.png Two Partitions With Same Drive Letter on Same Disk; Explores shows differently, Disk... 0b19be60-e2e9-4b7c-8008-cadf91d0ca57?upload=true.png

:)

frustrated‍, Sep 7, 2020

2. Disk showing in Disk Management, But not DiskPart

Hello!

So, today I was doing a friend a favor, he had an old 1TB hard drive with important photos on it. He said he would appreciate it if I could move the photos to a different hard drive.

So, I hooked it up to my self-built PC (with a SATA port) and it didn't show up in file explorer.

So, I checked Disk Management to see if it would show up there, and it did. I later realized why it didn't show up in file explorer (Because it didn't have a drive letter). In Disk Management, I right clicked the primary partition only to find that it wouldn't
    let me assign a drive letter.

I remembered there was another way to assign drive letters, with DiskPart. So I typed this into Command Prompt:

diskpart > list volume

In DiskPart, It showed the drive's EFI system partition (partition 1) but not the (Healthy) Primary Partition (partition 2).

Also in DiskPart, I could type "list disk" and it would show me the 1TB drive, if I then typed "list partition" it would show me the different partitions, but wouldn't let me assign a drive letter to them.

In summary, Disk Management showed the partition, but wouldn't assign a drive letter. DiskPart showed the partition 1, but not the primary partition.

My objective is to show the photos located on the 1TB drive's 2nd partition without erasing it.

I would be happy to add pictures if necessary.

Thanks!

John-Louis Barton, Sep 7, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Disk Drive 'E' Empty

In Disk Management, the partition to the right of your C drive partition is the partition in question, it is the Windows 10 Recovery Partition

In Disk Management, right click that partition and choose to apply a drive letter, then apply a different letter, like F or G

Then restart (not shut down) your PC

Then go back in to Disk Management, choose to apply a drive letter and then click 'Remove'

Then check in File Explorer of that partition has stopped showing up . . .

DaveM121, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Two Partitions With Same Drive Letter on Same Disk; Explores shows differently, Disk...

Hard disk partition not showing up.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen if the Hard-disk drivers are not up-to date. I would suggest you to update the hard disk drivers first. To update the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Then Expand “Disk drives”.
    3. Then Right click on the Hard-disk listed under this category.
    4. Then click on Update drivers.
    5. Alternatively you can also try to update the drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Once the hard-disk drivers are updated, you will need to allocate the last partition (it is not allocated according to the screenshot) and you will be able to view the partition.

Also note that sometimes the hard disk partitions/drives might be hidden in This PC or My Computer window due to a Registry key. If a DWORD with the name NoViewOnDrive or NoDrives is present under following key in Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

Delete the DWORD and your drives will become visible in My Computer window.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Two Partitions With Same Drive Letter on Same Disk; Explores shows differently, Disk...

1. Two Partitions With Same Drive Letter on Same Disk; Explores shows differently, Disk... - Similar Threads - Partitions Same Drive

2. Two disk volumes in different PC's has the same serial number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two disk volumes in different PC's has the same serial number: Hello...How is it possible 2 volume drives in different PC's has the same serial numbers?I developed a software that uses that information to generate license data. I detected a conflict somewhere and by investigating, I have discovered that 2 PCs, with only one volume each,...
  3. Two disk volumes in different PC's has the same serial number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two disk volumes in different PC's has the same serial number: Hello...How is it possible 2 volume drives in different PC's has the same serial numbers?I developed a software that uses that information to generate license data. I detected a conflict somewhere and by investigating, I have discovered that 2 PCs, with only one volume each,...
  4. Showing two same drives in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing two same drives in disk management: I was trying to download manjaro linux in my windows 10 having bios/mbr , since it supports 4 drives only I tried to merge the unlocatted drive but after I did so, while entering to disk management it's showing two same E drives with same capacity, used and free space....
  5. Showing two same drives in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing two same drives in disk management: I was trying to download manjaro linux in my windows 10 having bios/mbr , since it supports 4 drives only I tried to merge the unlocatted drive but after I did so, while entering to disk management it's showing two same E drives with same capacity, used and free space....
  6. Showing two same drives in disk management

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Different views of same disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Different views of same disk: By using different programs to view same disk Samsung 960 evo, 2550GB although that's not very important. Disk management: Macrium Reflect: Mini tool partition partition wizard: Free Partition manager AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro. Easus Partition Master: 177725
  8. Recovery Partition in the same Disk with the Primary Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery Partition in the same Disk with the Primary Partition: Hi... I noticed that my Recovery Partition is in the same Disk with my Primary Partition. is it gonna cause me a problem if i try to reset my laptop? I think it was supposed to be in a different Disk Partition. . [ATTACH]...
  9. 2 of the same partition in disk manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 of the same partition in disk manager?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nikkes91 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqpirk/2_of_the_same_partition_in_disk_manager/
  10. Two same folders have different "Size on Disk" ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two same folders have different "Size on Disk" ?: I have two identical folders on two separate USB HDDsI copied the folder from hdd1 to hdd2, when I look at their properties , their "size" is the same....but they have a different "size on disk" .... did the files in the folder get corrupted during the transfer ? should I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Two driver same letter but 2 partition on disk management windows 10

2. two driver same letter but 2 partion on disk management