Windows 10: Two paths to OneDrive

Discus and support Two paths to OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cant remember how, but a new a Folder has been generated in Explorer with my NAME, this folder contains nearly all of the files/folders showing in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by simmyjiff, Oct 23, 2020.

1. simmyjiff Win User

Two paths to OneDrive

I cant remember how, but a new a Folder has been generated in Explorer with my NAME, this folder contains nearly all of the files/folders showing in the default storage location, ie C:\Users\Jim Smith\, I have therefore now got a set of duplicate files in the system, more confusing is the 2 separate paths to my OneDrive file, eg,

F:>>OneDrive>>Documents>>Spreadsheets>>Flight Sim Spreadsheets>> to the default OneDrive file, and,
    James Smiths OneDrive (Personal)>>Documents>>Spreadsheets>>Flight Sim Spreadsheets, a secondary path.

Clearly this is causing some confusion in saving Excel and Word files, and I wondered if anybody understands how it occurred and what steps I can take in regularizing the situation.

I am attaching 2 Screenprints to show the above but if other info is needed please contact me.
    Thanks
    Jim

Two paths to OneDrive [​IMG]

Two paths to OneDrive [​IMG]

:)

simmyjiff, Oct 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Oct 23, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Two paths to OneDrive

dalchina, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Two paths to OneDrive

1. Two paths to OneDrive - Similar Threads - paths OneDrive

2. OneDrive & documents folder seem to have each other's folder path location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive & documents folder seem to have each other's folder path location.: I have bought a new computer. In File Explorer it has its usual Windows C: Drive and I have a Storage Drive D:. My aim is to put my library files Documents, Pictures etc. in storage on Storage Drive D:. Before I can do that, I have noticed an anomaly that needs fixing...
  3. Remove OneDrive from File Explorer and clean up Path structure

Remove OneDrive from File Explorer and clean up Path structure: Hello, I have to admit, that I kind of begrudgingly switched back from Linux Mint to Microsoft because for I need a program for two classes that does not work on Linux. I backed up my Documents and Pictures on an external hard drive, wiped Linux and reinstalled Windows 10...
  4. Default Pictures path points to OneDrive - not able to change that

Default Pictures path points to OneDrive - not able to change that: Hello, I have a very frustrating problem. Today all my images from default pictures path disappeared "C:/users/%username%/Pictures". I was also getting information each time that I wanted to open the "Pictures" folder from quick-access menu that"location is not available"....
  5. How to remove OneDrive from file explorer path

How to remove OneDrive from file explorer path: I want to set up a folder to scan documents into and OneDrive keeps defaulting into my path. I do not want OneDrive in my path/ file destination.Please help. Thank you...
  6. OneDrive Changes Drive Path on Local Computer

OneDrive Changes Drive Path on Local Computer: I have no idea where my stuff is. I don't know how to safely delete things, or stop OneDrive from acting on its own. I'm confused because I can't tell whether I'm moving stuff from my computer, or from OneDrive. That's because OneDrive took the audacious liberty to rename...
  7. How to programmatically get date modified on file in my OneDrive apps path?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to programmatically get date modified on file in my OneDrive apps path?: I am able to see the item using: var onedrive = OneDriveClientExtensions.GetUniversalClientnew[] { "wl.signin", "onedrive.appfolder" }; await onedrive.AuthenticateAsync; var item =...
  8. OneDrive removed path to My Pictures

OneDrive removed path to My Pictures: I am using Windows 10 Home and decided to uninstall my OneDrive so I could use it in my browser rather. After I uninstalled it some of my files in Documents went missing and my Pictures folder can't be found. I tried now attaching a picture through Snipping tool but I cant...
  9. Making PC desktop path native to onedrive folder?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Making PC desktop path native to onedrive folder?: Hi, I am using Microsoft office 365 as part of my institution package. Is it possible for the PC desktop files to natively display a folder from the onedrive? I want to make all common C: locations to onedrive locations. So if anything happens, I always have everything sync...
  10. Registry key for OneDrive installation path?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry key for OneDrive installation path?: I'm working on a powershell function and need to lookup registry to determine where is OneDrive installed, excluding executalbe, just installation directory. for example, a registry entry of: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft OneDrive This path may change in future versions...