Windows 10: Two PCs but two different internet speeds

Discus and support Two PCs but two different internet speeds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get on about 450Mbps on my several Dell Windows 10 PCs. However, one of my Dell PCs is running Windows 7. The speed on it is about 8Mbps. All of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jay Beckham, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Two PCs but two different internet speeds

I get on about 450Mbps on my several Dell Windows 10 PCs. However, one of my Dell PCs is running Windows 7. The speed on it is about 8Mbps. All of the PCs are networked via Cat5 cables. My iPhones see about 100Mbps wireless of course.So is it Windows 7 that causes the slow speed? Or maybe a Netgear Switch? Not sure about the speed on the switch as most say Gigibyte.All of the PCs are about the same age and are Dell Optiplex models.Thanks

:)

Jay Beckham, Jun 24, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Jun 24, 2021
  3. MrHudson Win User
    Same laptop, different users, vastly different internet speeds.

Two PCs but two different internet speeds [​IMG]

This is download on mine. no upload listed

MrHudson, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Two PCs but two different internet speeds

Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Two PCs but two different internet speeds

1. Two PCs but two different internet speeds - Similar Threads - PCs different internet

2. two mice with different speeds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two mice with different speeds?: I have a weird one. When I'm on my desktop, I'm using my trackball connected via the kvm. When I'm on the laptop, and I want to control the internet radio, I have an old mouse connected through usb directly to the PC, so I can control volume of the music.The problem is that...
  3. two mice with different speeds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two mice with different speeds?: I have a weird one. When I'm on my desktop, I'm using my trackball connected via the kvm. When I'm on the laptop, and I want to control the internet radio, I have an old mouse connected through usb directly to the PC, so I can control volume of the music.The problem is that...
  4. two mice with different speeds?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Stuttering and Hitching on two different PCs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering and Hitching on two different PCs: So this is particularly prevalent in games, there’s an intermittent stutter like a dropped frame or two, it’s driving me mad - what’s worse is I’m encountering it on two different rigs.1st rig: Ryzen 5 5600X, 16GB 3000MHz, 3060Ti 8GB, NVME SSD2nd rig: Ryzen 9 5800H, 16GB...
  6. Different speeds for two identical USB sticks

Different speeds for two identical USB sticks: A few months ago I bought a set of 2 SanDisk Ultra 32GB USB3 sticks, one red, one blue (easier to reference that way). They're plugged in to two USB3 ports via 1 metre USB3 cables. For some reason they transfer at different speeds. The blue one transfers 35-40MB/sec, the red...
  7. Two PCs, two Bluetooth keyboards, lots of problems

Two PCs, two Bluetooth keyboards, lots of problems: The usage of two PCs changed, and I wanted to swap the BT keyboards between them. After some attempts to get the keyboards to re-pair and reconnect to the right PCs tried again and again and wouldn't work, I am in the following situation. Computer #1 shows both keyboards...
  8. One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.: Hello guys. Please help me with a guidance, how to properly do such process: Conditions: I got my Microsoft Account, with one desktop device on it main PC and a Windows Home LicenseOEM. I am buying a new PC for my second location in my country. I do not want to make...
  9. Internet Speed Problems past two months

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Speed Problems past two months: I use Xfinity for my internet provider. (Insert joke here) I was paying for 275 mbps and would get that about 1/3rd of the time. So I upgraded to 500 mbps. My connection goes even slower. Initial I was just hard wired in through the ethernet connection but do to speeds...
  10. Syncing two PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing two PCs: So I own a windows 10 desktop and i use it to do most of my school work. Next year my school will be supplying a laptop that i can take home and i would like to know the best way i can move documents from one to another. Is there a program or network sharing setting i can use...