Windows 10: Two pcs on lan. Cannot see all users

Discus and support Two pcs on lan. Cannot see all users in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have 2 PCs on home LAN. Each pc can see the other pc, network discovery enabled on each. However, cannot access any files from users on one pc to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Likes2sail, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Two pcs on lan. Cannot see all users

We have 2 PCs on home LAN. Each pc can see the other pc, network discovery enabled on each. However, cannot access any files from users on one pc to the users on second pc. In fact, cannot see other computer usernames. Only can see usernames of host pc & not second pc. Would like to share files on LAN with multiple users across both PCs

:)

Likes2sail, Feb 5, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Feb 5, 2020
  3. jonkb Win User
    Asus P5Q Onboard Lan issues...

I've just reformated my pc, and it all runs fine except for the the onboard lan. I've tried every LAN driver on ASUS list, and I can't get it to work. It keeps searching for the connection, but it never finds it. The internet runs fine on my moms PC, so it can't be the internet provider*Frown Two pcs on lan. Cannot see all users :( Onboard LAN is enables in BIOS, and I did try to clear CMOS without any luck.
    Any suggestions? It really sux.... I think the P5Q Pro is a buggy board...

jonkb, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Two pcs on lan. Cannot see all users

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Two pcs on lan. Cannot see all users

1. Two pcs on lan. Cannot see all users - Similar Threads - pcs lan Cannot

2. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  3. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  4. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot see all users over two PC's on local network

Cannot see all users over two PC's on local network: Hi, please advise if you can.I have two desktops on my local wi-fi network, and would like to share files between.This is the view from the DELL desktop. I can see shared files on the other machine and access them.If I use the OKINTGT machine, and try to access to DELL...
  6. Cannot see all users over two PC's on local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see all users over two PC's on local network: Hi, please advise if you can.I have two desktops on my local wi-fi network, and would like to share files between.This is the view from the DELL desktop. I can see shared files on the other machine and access them.If I use the OKINTGT machine, and try to access to DELL...
  7. Cannot see all users over two PC's on local network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. two machines cannot be seen on LAN

two machines cannot be seen on LAN: Yet both can see and browse files ok. One of then is running Win10 and the other XP. I can't see either when I try and remap the drives. I ran the networking diagnosis but it didn't help. Just seemed to happen out of the blue. Any help appreciated. 175410
  9. cannot see other pcs on network????

cannot see other pcs on network????: all of a sudden, i cannot see the other 2 pcs on my network, nor can they see me. i have win 10 64 home on all, all updates as of today, have made sure 2 Function services are started, and all SMB file sharing boxes are checked in windows programs and features. i even tried...
  10. LAN file transfer very slow between two PCs

LAN file transfer very slow between two PCs: I'm trying to transfer videos and photos from my old PC to the new but the transfer rate is very slow. I have a gigabit router and both PCs are wired. Sometimes it gets to around 900Mbps then drops down to 50Mbps or even zero. Both PCs are on Windows 10 Pro 1809. So far I...