Windows 10: Two PC's showing same background

Discus and support Two PC's showing same background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Apologies, my title doesn't really explain my issue very well - I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 on my main work PC and for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Buff, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Buff Win User

Two PC's showing same background

Hi all,

Apologies, my title doesn't really explain my issue very well - I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 on my main work PC and for the desktop background I have a slideshow and I have the taskbar showing. I have an HTPC in the lounge which is running on Windows 8.1 (not upgrading due to losing WMC *Mad) and for this PC I have a single background for the desktop and the taskbar set to auto-hide.

When I change the settings on one PC it automatically changes the settings on the other PC - the background changes and the taskbar changes to/from auto-hide etc... Not sure if anything else is changing as well!

The two PC's are not in a homegroup and are not on a network - they're connected to the same router (BT Home Hub), but don't show up in each others network within Windows.

As I've been writing, the only thing that comes to mind that is "connecting" the two PC's is the fact that I am logged in to each PC using the same Microsoft account. However, the pictures I am using on each computer are not on my OneDrive, so how is it changing things and more importantly how can I stop it from happening, short of signing in with different accounts - which I wouldn't have thought I would have to do?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

:)

Buff, Aug 3, 2015

2. Lock screen doesn't show picture

Hi,

I tried with a new local account. Same result as with my Microsoft account: the picture will show one or two times after locking the screen, then the background will be black.

Wout Van den Broeck, Aug 3, 2015
  3. WoofDoge Win User
    Alternating background is the same for both displays

Ok, so i ran it and it DID replace some missing/ corrupted files (let me know if you want the log) and i then to be safe i switched to another random folder with pictures in it and then back to my default slideshow background folder, but the two displays
    are still showing the same background.

WoofDoge, Aug 3, 2015
  4. z3r010 Win User

Try this - On your Windows 10 PC go to start button *Start then click Settings -> Accounts -> Sync your settings and turn off theme sync

z3r010, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Kari Win User
    Kari, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Buff Win User
    Brilliant - thank you so much for your quick reply. Worked a treat

Buff, Aug 3, 2015
  7. z3r010 Win User
    As Kari mentioned above, you may need to do this on both computers.

z3r010, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Buff Win User

Just did it on the Windows 10 PC and all seems to be fine - but at least I now know what to do in case it has changed back when I logoff and back in again etc...

Thanks again - to both of you

Buff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Two PC's showing same background - Similar Threads - PC's showing same

2. Showing two same drives in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing two same drives in disk management: I was trying to download manjaro linux in my windows 10 having bios/mbr , since it supports 4 drives only I tried to merge the unlocatted drive but after I did so, while entering to disk management it's showing two same E drives with same capacity, used and free space....
  3. Showing two same drives in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing two same drives in disk management: I was trying to download manjaro linux in my windows 10 having bios/mbr , since it supports 4 drives only I tried to merge the unlocatted drive but after I did so, while entering to disk management it's showing two same E drives with same capacity, used and free space....
  4. Showing two same drives in disk management

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Two buttons on keyboard always show same output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two buttons on keyboard always show same output: I installed a keyboard layout for svorak swedish version of dvorak and after removing the keyboard layout from language settings my q and å buttons became synced. They always output the same thing, despite it being two separate buttons on the keyboard. The issue persists on...
  6. Two keys in the same PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two keys in the same PC: Hello everyone. I have bought a PC with Windows 10 home. After few months, I bought a Windows 10 pro Key and i've done the upgrade. But everytime I reinstall Windows, by default, It activates the home edition, so i have to to insert the pro Key manually. How can I fix that?...
  7. Same wifi showing with two names.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same wifi showing with two names.: [ATTACH] So Windows 10 (latest build) has been showing me my router with two names since quite a long time. I've tried to reset, run troubleshoot and remove it via cmd to no avail. It sometimes switches between itself which causes issues while gaming, etc. Please help me get...
  8. Two hard drives in the same PC, but only the SSD one shows up...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two hard drives in the same PC, but only the SSD one shows up...: A few days ago, I installed a new SSD to run Windows 10 on. I kept the existing drive in too. I installed Windows 10 onto the new SSD and it runs beautifully and I used the old drive as storage. However, following a problem, I had to reformat the SSD and reinstalled...
  9. Two PC with the same MC account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two PC with the same MC account: I have two computers running Windows 10 and I log in with the same Microsoft account. But my problem is as follows: When I updated one of my PC to version 1809, the configuration also changes on the other laptop. Why?...
  10. Reset same background

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset same background: I reset my computer with a background from the internet, then I reset it and the background still here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/reset-same-background/cbc9a23d-8732-4ab8-ad1a-643c1f09959d"