Windows 10: Two people on same computer

Discus and support Two people on same computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I am getting a new pc which will be used by both, me and my brother. I have tried creating a multi user account setup on my existing computer but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hamza-1221, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Two people on same computer

So I am getting a new pc which will be used by both, me and my brother. I have tried creating a multi user account setup on my existing computer but it still shows the files in other drives and also the C drive

What I want is for both of us to have a en experience as if we are using completely different computers. Not even the names of files or there icons let alone the access to the those. He is really messy + we want to have such a setup

I was thinking of dual booting my computer, would that work? But i don't believe that there wouldn't be a doable easy solution to this potentially very common problem that I have to opt such a long routed way of dual booting

Please help, with details of what can be done to get such a using experience

submitted by /u/Hamza-1221
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hamza-1221, Aug 16, 2020
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Aug 16, 2020
  3. People Bar is not showing up.

Hi,

The missing People Bar could have been disabled when you turn off your computer. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before you turn off the computer?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?
    • Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps?

To enable people icon on your taskbar, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Click on the Start button on Windows 10 and choose Settings.
    • Next, open the Settings app and choose Personalization icon.
    • select Taskbar to open all taskbar settings.
    • Look for People section, turn on Show people on the taskbar to show the People bar from the taskbar.

We look forward to your response and for the results for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Two people on same computer

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Two people on same computer

1. Two people on same computer - Similar Threads - same computer

2. Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD: Hi there, I was having computer freezes on my previous Windows 11 computer, so I upgraded everything except for the C Drive SSD and Video Card NVIDIA 4090. What is weird is that I can play some games and use windows at times with no issues but some instances it freezes...
  3. Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD: Hi there, I was having computer freezes on my previous Windows 11 computer, so I upgraded everything except for the C Drive SSD and Video Card NVIDIA 4090. What is weird is that I can play some games and use windows at times with no issues but some instances it freezes...
  4. Are instruction the same for a computer with windows 7 installed?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Are instruction the same for a computer with windows 7 installed?: Are the instructions the same for downloading to a computer with Windows 7 installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-instruction-the-same-for-a-computer-with/9b250b86-f621-44a8-8a08-ab028dfd1fe5
  5. If multiple versions of Windows have been installed and uninstalled on the same computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If multiple versions of Windows have been installed and uninstalled on the same computer...: Question is included https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-multiple-versions-of-windows-have-been/727e5a2c-7dfe-40f9-bf09-02f49ec101d3
  6. If multiple versions of Windows have been installed and uninstalled on the same computer...

If multiple versions of Windows have been installed and uninstalled on the same computer...: Question is included https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-multiple-versions-of-windows-have-been/727e5a2c-7dfe-40f9-bf09-02f49ec101d3
  7. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?: Hello. I need to elaborate just a bit here.I have 2 pc's running Win10 on the same Microsoft account. Now, the differences are that one pc is a retail version of Win10, the other was the free upgrade from Win7not sure if this matters.I just did the most recent updates and...
  8. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?: Hello. I need to elaborate just a bit here.I have 2 pc's running Win10 on the same Microsoft account. Now, the differences are that one pc is a retail version of Win10, the other was the free upgrade from Win7not sure if this matters.I just did the most recent updates and...
  9. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Boot cloned windows 11 form external SSD on same computer where created

Boot cloned windows 11 form external SSD on same computer where created: Hi fellows, I cloned windows 11 on my work PC HP Omen to external SSD in order to experiment with third-party software and test them. So I keep the original OS on HP Omen nice and clean, untouched.Afterwards I ran the cloned OS on the same PC HP Omen to see how I got on. Then...