Windows 10: Two personal profile names - need to change one to match other

Discus and support Two personal profile names - need to change one to match other in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop with my user files under one name (Rev deniray mueller) and another on my laptop (denir), so that things added to my user profile on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by The Rev deniray mueller, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Two personal profile names - need to change one to match other

I have a desktop with my user files under one name (Rev deniray mueller) and another on my laptop (denir), so that things added to my user profile on the laptop do not synch to my primary (desktop) One Drive. How can I rename the laptop user to match the one on my desktop (without losing data).

:)

The Rev deniray mueller, Aug 8, 2019
  2. DSD
    DSD Win User

Need help with changing name of user profile folder

I would like to change the name of the user profile folder. I have found and tried a few methods including one from Microsoft forums. None of them worked. I kept getting something about my User needing to sign out and back in again that there was a problem, so I would sign out and back in again and it didn't work. I think the reason is because Windows created a TEMP user and would log me in under that so there would be a folder named C/User/TEMP and still the original named folder of C/User/myuserfolder.

I found this on the forums here: Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

The instructions are very similar to what I have tried. In the above post John W used safe mode. Do I need to go through all the steps again as listed in the post and then go into safe mode, or can I just use safe mode to change the folder name?

Also, are there newer instructions for how to do this with updates to Windows since the above thread was posted over a year ago?

Thanks in advance.

3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Aug 8, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Two personal profile names - need to change one to match other

Change Windows Login Name

"My ultimate goal is to have my name changed on my Skype account. Which reflects the name on my lock screen."

Apply Step 5 to change the name on your Local account which is appearing on login screen to the name on you MS account profile that you do want to appear.

However, the Skype name is separate from the MS account name if you are using the traditional desktop program. You can change the Skype name to match by opening Skype/Skype tab/My account which takes you to Skype account page. Click your picture/Skype alias/Edit profile on next page/Change name here/Save at page bottom. Good Luck

mrgeek, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Two personal profile names - need to change one to match other

1. Two personal profile names - need to change one to match other - Similar Threads - personal profile names

2. I have two antiviruses with two different names one is Microsoft Defender and the other is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two antiviruses with two different names one is Microsoft Defender and the other is...: HI I have noticed for a while now that I have two names of an antivirus on my dell laptop. Down in the bottom right I have windows security on my lower taskbar it is on.But when I go to a file on my desktop and right click on it a drop down menu shows up when I click on show...
  3. I have two antiviruses with two different names one is Microsoft Defender and the other is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two antiviruses with two different names one is Microsoft Defender and the other is...: HI I have noticed for a while now that I have two names of an antivirus on my dell laptop. Down in the bottom right I have windows security on my lower taskbar it is on.But when I go to a file on my desktop and right click on it a drop down menu shows up when I click on show...
  4. Reset one of two profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset one of two profiles: Hello. If you try to reset windows 10 with file saved and there are different profiles on the computer how do you know which profile is being reset or do both of them get reset. No need to give me instructions on resetting or reinstalling Windows I'm just looking for an...
  5. Reset one of two profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset one of two profiles: Hello. If you try to reset windows 10 with file saved and there are different profiles on the computer how do you know which profile is being reset or do both of them get reset. No need to give me instructions on resetting or reinstalling Windows I'm just looking for an...
  6. Reset one of two profiles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Name not match

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Name not match: [ATTACH] Just happened to see Event Viewer and drove me to this. That WD20 is 2TB storage that have error in Event Viewer. submitted by /u/hhaziq98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghyjcm/name_not_match/
  8. Need help with changing name of user profile folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help with changing name of user profile folder: I would like to change the name of the user profile folder. I have found and tried a few methods including one from Microsoft forums. None of them worked. I kept getting something about my User needing to sign out and back in again that there was a problem, so I would sign...
  9. Need help with changing name of user profile folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with changing name of user profile folder: I would like to change the name of the user profile folder. I have found and tried a few methods including one from Microsoft forums. None of them worked. I kept getting something about my User needing to sign out and back in again that there was a problem, so I would sign...
  10. Changing System Name and User Name to match PC Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing System Name and User Name to match PC Name: Annoying detail on my Windows 10 PC. I have a System Name: AL-OFFICE-FLORI and a user name of AL-OFFICE-FLORI/agude as displayed on the System Information page. On the System Properties page, the PC Name is Al-Office-Florida. I sure would like to end up with a System Name...