Windows 10: Two printers with different settings is not being used

Discus and support Two printers with different settings is not being used in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have two printer, the only different is that one is set to portrait mode, and the other is landscape mode. Portrait mode printer is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kim V.Rasmussen, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Two printers with different settings is not being used

Hi

I have two printer, the only different is that one is set to portrait mode, and the other is landscape mode.

Portrait mode printer is the default printer, and when trying to print to landscape printer, then portrait mode is used. I have to change the orientation in the Print dialog every time.

I've tested with Notepad and WordPad program. The default System Print Dialog seem to use the default printer settings for all printers.

Can this be changed?

/Kim

:)

Kim V.Rasmussen, Aug 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 27, 2019
  3. how do i change disconnected setting to connected setting on my printer

Hi Robert,

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps. It helps in checking settings, installing drivers and identifying and fixing the printer issues.

Fix printer problems: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with the Printer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Two printers with different settings is not being used

Printer

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to use these steps and check:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Devices and Printers and then tap or click Devices and Printers.
    • Press and hold or right-click the printer you want to use, and then tap or click
      Set as default printer.
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Two printers with different settings is not being used

1. Two printers with different settings is not being used - Similar Threads - printers different settings

2. Using two separate microphones with different settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using two separate microphones with different settings?: I have my Shure SM7B and a Logiteh C920. Sometimes, I will want to make the C920 microphone as bad as I can possibly make it I think it would be pretty funny in a call with friends, but I want my Shure to stay with its default settings. I have a stream deck that I can use to...
  3. Using two separate microphones with different settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using two separate microphones with different settings?: I have my Shure SM7B and a Logiteh C920. Sometimes, I will want to make the C920 microphone as bad as I can possibly make it I think it would be pretty funny in a call with friends, but I want my Shure to stay with its default settings. I have a stream deck that I can use to...
  4. Two different PowerShell font settings...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two different PowerShell font settings...: If I open PowerShell from the Start Menu (or pinned app), it opens with font size 14 and Consolas... if I open it from Shift+right-click on a folder (or while in a folder), it opens with font size 16 and Lucida Console. Changing these settings stays with them. I don't know...
  5. Is it possible to set different default printers on two different applications on windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to set different default printers on two different applications on windows?: I want to set printer 1 as my default for my Adobe application and printer 2 as my default for MS Word. Is this possible? submitted by /u/Raidho27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kn9sr6/is_it_possible_to_set_different_default_printers/
  6. Using two printers on same computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using two printers on same computer.: Why does it take sooo long to remove the first print job and start the second? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-two-printers-on-same-computer/8d931ef8-2534-4c7a-aa8d-9538eb03cc33
  7. Is it possible to use two different sets of speakers for surround sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to use two different sets of speakers for surround sound?: I have a dell prebuilt that has been upgraded by a free tech hand me downs, and it works pretty well, I was recently given a second set of speakers. Is it possible to have two sets working together for surround sound? submitted by /u/ilikeplanes101 [link] [comments]...
  8. Use for two different Graphics cards?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Use for two different Graphics cards?: I've sent my 2080ti out for repair so in the mean time I bought an RX580 to get me by. If or When the 2080 comes back is there any reason to keep the 580 installed? I'm running 2 32" TV's and a 55"4K UHD as my main display. 1360x768 - 3840x2160 - 1360x768 Could I run the...
  9. Printer defaults issue when using two printers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer defaults issue when using two printers: Hello, Microsoft pros I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm experiencing a strange issue with printing, which goes way beyond my nearly-non-existent IT skills. I hope I will find someone who can understand where the problem lies, and what can I do to permanently fix...
  10. Creating two different printer drivers on the same printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creating two different printer drivers on the same printer?: Hi, I work in IT doing Help Desk/Support for a company. We want to give standard users restricted assess to a printer. If they are a manager they can print in colour, but if they are just a standard staff member they only get the option to print in black & white. An...