Windows 10: Two problems - outlook/cortana

Discus and support Two problems - outlook/cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi there, I am on version 1709, because on 1803, the cortana recommended news does not show. Is that fixed now? Also, in outlook 2016, the email... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by anserq, Nov 9, 2018.

1. anserq Win User

Two problems - outlook/cortana

Hi there,

I am on version 1709, because on 1803, the cortana recommended news does not show.

Is that fixed now?

Also, in outlook 2016, the email sometimes does not synchronize.

I can see on my phone I have the new emails, but sometimes in outlook I don't see them until I restart outlook.

What could be wrong?

Also, is there outlook 2019 now and how can I upgrade to that?

:)

anserq, Nov 9, 2018
  2. krsokol Win User

Cortana fails to detect flight itinerary in Outlook

Thank you, Andre, for providing the suggestions. At this point, I have performed the complete list of suggested remediations. I have also performed a reset (saving personal files) on my Surface Pro 4. None of the steps has resolved the problem with Cortana
    tracking flights.

As a side note, this evening I asked Cortana to track a flight. The app correctly found flight tracker information on the Web (Launching Edge), but did not take the hint to track the flight.

For validation, Outlook is correctly capturing the flight itineraries in my email. Cortana is properly tracking package deliveries, but will not track flight itineraries.

This is certainly not the most important issue in my life, but it has become a bit of a nag that I'd like to resolve. Unless there is another suggestion, my next step will be to perform a complete reset.

Appreciate the assistance.

krsokol, Nov 9, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Sending emails using Cortana is not working

Hi,

Cortana is a digital agent that helps you get things done. For us to better assist you regarding your concern, we suggest that you do the following:

• Use the command, "Hey Cortana, send an email using Outlook" or "Hey Cortana, open Outlook".
    • Make sure to add the names on your Contacts.
    You may also fix the problem with Cortana and Windows Speech Recognition. To do this, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps provided.

We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Two problems - outlook/cortana - Similar Threads - problems outlook cortana

2. Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook.

in Browsers and Email
    Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook.: This started about three days ago and is consistent with Microsoft Edge and hit or miss with Firefox, except that Firefox has the option to accept the risk and continue on to sign-in. Both browsers are fully up to date but the funny thing is, my smart phone uses the same...
  3. Outlook Cortana

in Cortana
    Outlook Cortana: Hello I was using Microsoft Outlook and needed to ask Cortana question and got a popup that ask me to sign into Cortana and "For best experience use Work or School account" Questions: 1. Why do I have to sign into Cortana when I never had to do it before. 2. This is a...
  4. Problem with Cortana

in Cortana
    Problem with Cortana: It stopped working. I cannot start it. How can I fix Cortana? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-cortana/07028e39-4df9-49d8-b001-aab71f1b3e68
  5. two Outlook accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    two Outlook accounts: I have two Outlook accounts. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and very similarly *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I can log in to the second gah******* . . .. I attempt to download the app "TEXT SCROLL". I get to the point ofGETting the app,...
  6. Cortana and Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana and Outlook 2019: Hi I have win10 1776.348 and want to use my voice to send and email. I say hey Cortana send an email and it brings up Bing search with results. I thought that with Win10 Cortana I could have used my Outlook 2019 and selected person/s to email and compose then send email...
  7. Problems with Cortana

in Cortana
    Problems with Cortana: Hi. Cortana freezes and does nothing else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-cortana/41f34c76-42d5-48fa-b7f5-d46d21310762"
  8. Two Win 10/Outlook Email Problems

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Two Win 10/Outlook Email Problems: (1) When I went from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro on my main computer, all my Outlook 2016 contacts were gone. However, they are on my iPhone. Is there a way to recover them from my iPhone? (2) My backup computer is Win 10 Home. It too has Outlook 2016. Once I get my contacts...
  9. Cortana & Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cortana & Outlook: Cortana seems to be little more than program that converts voice to text and turns that text over to a Google search engine. Has anyone gotten it to do more than that? I'd like it to enter the text into an e-mail. That might be very useful to those that type with two fingers....
  10. Cortana Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Problem: When setting up "Hey Cortana" I followed some bogus instructions. I typed "Activate Hey Cortana" in the search box. Now it thinks my name is: Activate Hey Cortana. I can't figure out how to change that, and get my real name in there. 3794