Windows 10: two problems, windows 10 upgraded for free from windows 7 now displays activate key after a...

Discus and support two problems, windows 10 upgraded for free from windows 7 now displays activate key after a... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; bassicly all there is to it is in the title. a secondery bug I have with the tab alt is it will repeatedly left click every second without input,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ekijo, May 4, 2019.

1. Ekijo Win User

two problems, windows 10 upgraded for free from windows 7 now displays activate key after a...

bassicly all there is to it is in the title.

a secondery bug I have with the tab alt is it will repeatedly left click every second without input, even when the keyboard and mouse are removed from the computer.

do any of you guys have any idea why these ars happening or how I can fix them?

thanks!

:)

Ekijo, May 4, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 4, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, May 4, 2019
  4. two problems, windows 10 upgraded for free from windows 7 now displays activate key after a...

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, May 4, 2019
Thema:

two problems, windows 10 upgraded for free from windows 7 now displays activate key after a...

1. two problems, windows 10 upgraded for free from windows 7 now displays activate key after a... - Similar Threads - problems upgraded free

2. free upgrade from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free upgrade from windows 7?: I'm hoping to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to a more current supported version of windows; hopefully for free. Does anyone have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7/38366330-9fe7-4f3f-ba35-e0ed514290d3
  3. free upgrade from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade from windows 7?: I'm hoping to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to a more current supported version of windows; hopefully for free. Does anyone have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7/38366330-9fe7-4f3f-ba35-e0ed514290d3
  4. Activation of free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7: I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro free via Microsoft from Windows 7.I am anticipating I may soon have to reformat my HDD as I keep getting blue screens.Do I have to install Windows 7 again and then use the Windows 10 Pro upgrade which I saved or can I simply just install Windows...
  5. windows 10 not activated after a free upgrade from an activated windows 7 years ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 not activated after a free upgrade from an activated windows 7 years ago: Hi there, just recently found out that my free upgraded windows 10 from an activated windows 7 now says that im not activated. not sure how long its said this but I'm trying to fix. i do have the original windows 7 sticker on the original box when i purchased the pc...
  6. Did a free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7, now it is not working after trying to...

Did a free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7, now it is not working after trying to...: Hello everyone. A while ago I got a free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and recently my gpu stopped working and Windows wouldn't start after I tried replacing it. I tried troubleshooting but I eventually decided to do a fresh install of Windows. Having figured since I...
  7. windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR

windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR: how do i activate windows 10 license on dell laptop that came with windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-710-free-upgrade-activation-error/47ecfa08-ee2d-4e80-b722-6410a906055b
  8. Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?: cost to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-free/10095da6-8608-40a5-8858-8be24889f16e
  9. ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 AFTER FREE UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 7

ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 AFTER FREE UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 7: CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I CANT USE MY PRODUCT KEY FROM WINDOW 7 ULTIMATE TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 10 PRO FREE UPGRADE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-10-after-free-upgrading-from/282f861b-a36d-44c6-9b73-f0e32f2e5453"
  10. Windows 10 Free upgrade, Now reinstalling with Windows 7 Activation key

Windows 10 Free upgrade, Now reinstalling with Windows 7 Activation key: I bought windows 7, years ago and upgraded FOR FREE to windows 10 now. I need to reinstall windows on a new SSD and transfer everything over BUT I will only do a clean install no exceptions. So will my activation code still work for windows 10 I download it?...