Windows 10: Two Questions: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything;...

Discus and support Two Questions: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything;... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community, Two Questions_Serious Security Issues: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything; (2) I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dayhiker4k, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Two Questions: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything;...

Hello Microsoft Community,

Two Questions_Serious Security Issues: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything; (2) I need help securing my PCs, Network, accounts, and my Identity

(1) Problem: my screen changed to Grayscale after waking up my PC. I never changed any settings. In fact, this is the first time I saw this.

(2) Here's some background about me. I am getting older (only 67). However, I have some disabilities; cannot think too well anymore, and have a heck of a time with organization.

Something really concerns me. About two weeks ago I got a call on my VoIP Vonage "Landline." I never checked the Caller ID until after my "Interaction" with this guy. (It was a Spoofed Caller ID. MY NAME). He told me he worked for Microsoft; that he was alerted about my Dell Laptop having issues, including a number of errors. Like a fool, I allowed him to gain remote access of my PC. My daughter came into my office and asked me what was going on (my phone was on speaker). Three to four minutes after my daughter alerted me that the guy was a fraud; that she thought he was an Identity Thief.

Here is what I have observed about the Dell Inspiron 5548 Laptop, and my old Dell Desktop (Purchased in 2010. I updated it to Windows 10 a few years ago. Comment: after I get the data backed up, it's going to Best Buy for recycling).

Anyway, I couldn't login to my Laptop. It wouldn't accept my Local PIN. I tried signing in using my Microsoft email address and Password with no luck. I brought the Laptop to Best Buy, and purchased a support plan with them for unlimited devices. When I get the laptop back, I plan to bring the old Dell to Geek Squad.

The Dell Windows 10 Gaming Desktop I am using, could be infected too. I have a Premium Support Plan with Dell. However, it's a hassle doing things on the phone. Next time I plan to buy a PC locally, probably at Best Buy. I am rambling.

I signed up with Identity Guard for some identity protection. However, I am "ON EDGE" .

Is it possible the screen changing is Malware?

Suggestions and Help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks again!

:)

dayhiker4k, Sep 18, 2019

2. My displays changed to Grayscale.

• Which specific display are you referring to?
      • I am referring the image colour on my PC monitor. Every Icon on my Desktop is now in grayscale, and not colour. See image below.
    • What program this concern is related to?
      • All. Everything displays in grayscale
    • What was the previous color display you are referring to?
      • Previously, all Icons displayed in colour
    • Could you please provide us more description of your concern?
      • Nothing displays in colour, grayscale only

• Two Questions: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything;... 80429ee6-2178-49e5-8be8-54d9f117eb5f.png

Two Questions: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything;... 0e6ff0ee-26d8-4024-a3e7-0c69ea953fa0.png

DaveOpperman, Sep 18, 2019
  3. How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Two Questions: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything;...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Two Questions: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything;...

1. Two Questions: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything;... - Similar Threads - Questions Screen turned

2. I have a blue screen errorstop code:0xc000021a. So my two questions are: 1. Is there a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a blue screen errorstop code:0xc000021a. So my two questions are: 1. Is there a...: I have a blue screen errorstop code:0xc000021a. I have looked on line how to fix this. Initially I tried going into safe mode but the PC keeps looping back to the blue screen rather than going into safe mode. I then tried to get the command prompt but it asks for my Admin...
  3. I have a blue screen errorstop code:0xc000021a. So my two questions are: 1. Is there a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a blue screen errorstop code:0xc000021a. So my two questions are: 1. Is there a...: I have a blue screen errorstop code:0xc000021a. I have looked on line how to fix this. Initially I tried going into safe mode but the PC keeps looping back to the blue screen rather than going into safe mode. I then tried to get the command prompt but it asks for my Admin...
  4. I have a blue screen errorstop code:0xc000021a. So my two questions are: 1. Is there a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. One of two monitors grayscale after Windows update KB5010415

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One of two monitors grayscale after Windows update KB5010415: I just installed an optional windows update KB5010415, and after restart, one of my two monitors is grayscale. My laptop screen and one monitor are both fine. Color filter is off, I've reset the display driver, and I attempted to uninstall the update. I get an error that the...
  6. One of two monitors grayscale after Windows update KB5010415

One of two monitors grayscale after Windows update KB5010415: I just installed an optional windows update KB5010415, and after restart, one of my two monitors is grayscale. My laptop screen and one monitor are both fine. Color filter is off, I've reset the display driver, and I attempted to uninstall the update. I get an error that the...
  7. Windows 10 in grayscale

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 in grayscale: I have a Dell Inspiron 3052 AIO with Intel graphics. It is displaying in grayscale although it is set to 32 bit true color. I have re-installed the drivers, reverted to an older driver and downloaded and installed the latest driver from Dell. I have also tried running with...
  8. Turn colors from grayscale?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn colors from grayscale?: How do I change my windows 10 screen from grayscale to color in settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-colors-from-grayscale/fbef3cc4-87ab-4c95-9c8f-0ab1baadd9dd
  9. My PC often doesn't show anything on screen when I turn it on, and the few times it did...

My PC often doesn't show anything on screen when I turn it on, and the few times it did...: Yesterday, we were trying to put in a new graphics card into my computer, and we couldn't find any cables for the video card. We then put everything back in to how it was before and we plugged in the computer. Once I pressed the power button, it showed a blinking cursor, like...
  10. I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to...: Hello Microsoft Community, I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything; (2) I need help securing my PCs, Network, accounts, and my Identity. (1) Problem: my screen changed to Grayscale...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows computer turned grayscale 2019