Windows 10: Two questions: Backing up and updating office

Discus and support Two questions: Backing up and updating office in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi please can you help with two questions: 1/ I have an external hard drive which I use for backing up plugged in using an USB cable. It is visible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sarahdouglas1, May 18, 2020.

1. Two questions: Backing up and updating office

Hi please can you help with two questions:

1/ I have an external hard drive which I use for backing up plugged in using an USB cable. It is visible as F: drive and I can access files on it. However, I cannot get the system to back up.

I want to back up before I update.

2/ whenever I open an MS app eg outlook, windows, excel, I get an "update now" dialogue box. However when I click on it having saved my work I then get an error message saying update not possible at this time. What is going on please and how do I fix it?

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,

Sarah

:)

sarahdouglas1, May 18, 2020

2. Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Two questions: Backing up and updating office

Thema:

Two questions: Backing up and updating office

1. Two questions: Backing up and updating office - Similar Threads - questions Backing updating

2. Boot Setting and back up Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Setting and back up Question: Hi all,I am trying to prepare upgrade to Window 11. I just found out that my Boot Manager is sitting in Disk A but Window is somehow located in Disk B. I try to changed the boot setting in BIOS to Disk B and it is not working and showing error of no boot manager. It is...
  3. Back up question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up question: I use Windows file history to back up to a secure personal external drive. I have gone to the advanced settings where one can list add files that one wants to back up. One of those files that I have listed is my Desktop, amongst others. My question is, when I back up My...
  4. Two questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two questions.: openssh SSH server what exactly is it and in services what is SshdBroker, description is <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 > . submitted by /u/CollateralJustice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdbpsy/two_questions/
  5. two questions

two questions: I am legally blind with only a litle sight. Nearly all printing on c0mputer is tones of grey. Can I change it to`black I use a two in one laptop. My onscreen keyboard has stopped working...HELPPPP Gillian Please us LARGE SIZE FONT TO REPLY...
  6. Two questions,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two questions,: 1.Where do i get the Realtek Hd Audio manager at? It was on this system before but after i had to reinstall windows now its not installed, so i have no speakers none what so ever, is there a place to download it? 2. For some reason when i restart my computer it goes to the...
  7. two questions....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two questions....: 1. Is Windows Defender supposed to run no-stop in the systray after re-booting? Mine doesn't...?? 2. If I try and activate anything in the Windows 10 menu, it says I need to run an ap, but doesn't list any aps to chose from?...
  8. Backing Up Questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing Up Questions: On my HP, my computer is set to automatically back up (mainly photos) to my external hard drive. But I used to back everything up to OneDrive. Now, that I have added the external drive, OneDrive doesn't back up my recent photos anymore. How do I get my computer to back up to...
  9. Back up and restore - two questions

Back up and restore - two questions: Question one: what is the difference between backup and restore (Windows 7), which I find via the control panel and the backup utility in the new settings menu? Specifically which is better by which I mean faster, more reliable easy to use. (see images below) Question two:...
  10. two questions

in Windows 10 Support
    two questions: i am gonna format my windows 10 ,is my windows store apps removed from my microsoft account ? and where is the cache of microsoft edge i mean the websites and favorites and the saved pages ? are they all in the same folder? 89197