Windows 10: Two questions regarding the new Edge browser

Discus and support Two questions regarding the new Edge browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 1909 Will the new Chromium Edge browser due to be deployed on the 15th January automatically uninstall Edge HTML? Also, does anyone know if... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by templar, Jan 12, 2020.

1. templar Win User

Two questions regarding the new Edge browser

Windows 1909

Will the new Chromium Edge browser due to be deployed on the 15th January automatically uninstall Edge HTML?

Also, does anyone know if the IE mode in the new Edge version is more secure than using normal IE?

Thanks.

:)

templar, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Sharyn698 Win User

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).
    • Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.
    • After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Two questions regarding the new Edge browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).
    • Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.
    • After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Two questions regarding the new Edge browser

1. Two questions regarding the new Edge browser - Similar Threads - questions regarding Edge

2. Two questions regarding windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two questions regarding windows 10 updates: So around mid last month I had to uninstall the latest update ( KB4592438 for 2004 version ) because it was giving me several issues and headaches. I have two questions in regards to the update thing as a whole. - Is there any way for me to check for updates but NOT have...
  3. new edge browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new edge browser: where can i download the new microsoft browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser/5a51e5f6-fae5-46ff-bd65-d089589c5778
  4. Noob question regarding the new update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Noob question regarding the new update: So before I left for spring break I decided to fully shut down my laptop. There was an update, I thought it was a little one and went through with it. Low and behold it was a big boy and I had to leave to catch my flight before I could see it through. I come back 6 days...
  5. Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser: Hi. I was was wondering if anyone has an opinion on weather it's ok at this time to manually download and install the new Edge Browser or wait until Windows Update pushes the update. I do like the Edge Browser although I use Firefox as my default browser. I have a HP Desktop...
  6. the new edge browser

the new edge browser: When is the new Edge Browser coming out? I think its called Edge Chromium. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-new-edge-browser/edb59077-f0f0-4273-9882-da776bc9e220
  7. new edge browser

new edge browser: should i update to the new edge browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser/6713934b-dc8b-4a84-afe0-2aa9a5183822
  8. Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Microsoft Edge Browser: I have used Opera for my browser for some time. What I really like about it is being able to open the browser with the Speed Dial page showing. Makes it extremely easy to select where you wish to go next from the icons shown on the page, along with their titles. Is there a...
  9. New Build - Two Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    New Build - Two Questions: I'm in the process of building a new system, and I'm down to two final questions. I think I know the answer to both, but I am confirming for sure. 1) In my current build, I have a second 500 GB SSD used to hold my Steam, Origin, and Uplay games. If I were to run them from...
  10. question about Edge browser version

in Windows 10 Support
    question about Edge browser version: Hi *Smile I have Windows 10 Pro for my laptop and found today that the version of my Edge browser is different with my friend's. Edge on my laptop is 20.10240.16384.0 and my friend's is 25.10586.0.0. Both computers are running up to date Windows 10 Pro and both were...