Windows 10: Two questions regarding using File History for backup.

Discus and support Two questions regarding using File History for backup. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two questions regarding Backup using File History:1 After the initial full backup, are subsequent backups Incremental i.e. only new files are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Frost King, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Two questions regarding using File History for backup.

I have two questions regarding Backup using File History:1 After the initial full backup, are subsequent backups Incremental i.e. only new files are updated?2 Apparently the "Favorites" folder that is backed-up by File History contains your favorites from Internet Explorer. I haven't used IE for many years. Is there a way to change where the Favorites folder gets the backup from i.e. so I can change it from using IE bookmarks to using my Brave bookmarks?Thank you for your time, Steen

:)

Frost King, Apr 30, 2021

2. File History backups

Hi William,

To help you with your File History backups issue, we suggest running the
    System File Checker
    with the steps found on this
    thread

Update us on the results.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    File History restart

Hi Jim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

To change the backup drive for File History, the current process should be stopped. I suggest you to try the steps listed below to stop file history on an older drive and restart it on a new drive:

Change File History backup drive:

• Open Settings and navigate to Update & Security > Backup.
    • Click on More Options, scroll down to locate
      Backup to a different drive section, and choose Stop Using Drive.
    • Plug in the new storage drive, navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Backup,
      and choose Add a Drive.
    • Restart File History and configure it by referring to the article

File History in Windows

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 30, 2021
  4. Two questions regarding using File History for backup.

File History does not backup automatically

Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

• Press Windows key+I.

• Click on Update and security.

• On the left pane, click on backup and select on under automatically back up my files.

• Click on more option under on button.

• Select every hour (default) under back up my files.

• Select forever (default) under keep my files.

Also refer the link below link and check if it helps:

File History in Windows

Also work in Windows 10

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Two questions regarding using File History for backup.

1. Two questions regarding using File History for backup. - Similar Threads - questions regarding using

2. I have two questions regarding file history backup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two questions regarding file history backup.: I have two questions regarding File History Backup.1. I will use a SanDisk flash drive and disconnect it each time after use. When and how do I unlock my vault?2. How do activate backup each time because there is no "manual" frequency backup on the drop-down menu only...
  3. I have two questions regarding file history backup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two questions regarding file history backup.: I have two questions regarding File History Backup.1. I will use a SanDisk flash drive and disconnect it each time after use. When and how do I unlock my vault?2. How do activate backup each time because there is no "manual" frequency backup on the drop-down menu only...
  4. I have two questions regarding file history backup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Are 'Backup' & 'File History' Two Different Backup Options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are 'Backup' & 'File History' Two Different Backup Options?: Apologies if this has been asked before...As I see there are three ways one can backup their files using the default options provided by windows...1. Backup and Restore Windows 7 - goodness know why this still exists or hasn't been updates since windows 7 2. 'Backup using...
  6. Are 'Backup' & 'File History' Two Different Backup Options?

Are 'Backup' & 'File History' Two Different Backup Options?: Apologies if this has been asked before...As I see there are three ways one can backup their files using the default options provided by windows...1. Backup and Restore Windows 7 - goodness know why this still exists or hasn't been updates since windows 7 2. 'Backup using...
  7. Backup and Restore Question for File History

Backup and Restore Question for File History: I have used File History for a number of years to backup my files. I can see it running and according to the program it operates successfully. For the heck of it I tried to restore a file, just to see if it would work. It ended up only finding a backup from July 2019, yet...
  8. Backup Using File History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup Using File History: I wanted to clean up my backup hdd and I deleted the folder File History. Now, if I say Backup Now in Backup Using File History, it says last backup …, it goes for 1 second and returns to cancel. How can I get Backup Using File History to work again without reinstalling...
  9. Questions regarding Backup (AKA File History) behaviour.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions regarding Backup (AKA File History) behaviour.: I have two questions. I know what I think the answers should be, but I don't want to assume: In the case of the working file continuing to exist, does File History retain its most recent backup even if it's older than the "Keep my backups" period? Example: Let's say I set...
  10. Backup using file history

Backup using file history: I am attempting to backup to my external drive using file history, I have done this many times before with no problem, but now it would appear file history does not see my external drive leaving a Red X after the drive name. Not had any problem before & I am using the same...