Windows 10: Two questions regarding windows 10 updates

Discus and support Two questions regarding windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So around mid last month I had to uninstall the latest update ( KB4592438 for 2004 version ) because it was giving me several issues and headaches. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MechTech555, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Two questions regarding windows 10 updates

So around mid last month I had to uninstall the latest update ( KB4592438 for 2004 version ) because it was giving me several issues and headaches. I have two questions in regards to the update thing as a whole.

- Is there any way for me to check for updates but NOT have them automatically download and install right away? Much like with windows 8/8.1
    - Assuming I cannot do the above. If I were to check for this months update in a couple weeks time, will last months also install or will it just be January's?

Sorry if the questions seem rather stupid but since getting a new PC and having to jump to windows 10 it feels like Russian roulette each month with these updates. Hope someone can help.

submitted by /u/MechTech555
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MechTech555, Jan 5, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Two questions regarding windows 10 updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 5, 2021
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jan 5, 2021
  4. chispy Win User

Two questions regarding windows 10 updates

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Two questions regarding windows 10 updates

1. Two questions regarding windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - questions regarding updates

2. Question regarding Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding Windows 11 update: My PC has Windows 11 version 21H2 installed and activated. I want to upgrade it to version 23H2. I can't update it by Windows Update, as I have limited Wi-Fi plan. Can I just download Windows 11 23H2 ISO file, extract it and run setup.exe to update Windows to version 23H2?...
  3. Question regarding Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question regarding Windows 11 update: My PC has Windows 11 version 21H2 installed and activated. I want to upgrade it to version 23H2. I can't update it by Windows Update, as I have limited Wi-Fi plan. Can I just download Windows 11 23H2 ISO file, extract it and run setup.exe to update Windows to version 23H2?...
  4. Two questions regarding using File History for backup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two questions regarding using File History for backup.: I have two questions regarding Backup using File History:1 After the initial full backup, are subsequent backups Incremental i.e. only new files are updated?2 Apparently the "Favorites" folder that is backed-up by File History contains your favorites from Internet Explorer....
  5. Questions Regarding Reinstallation of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions Regarding Reinstallation of Windows 10.: Hello. Im here because I am unsure how to go about this process. As the headliner gave away, Im looking to reinstall Windows 10 through a Recovery File. Why ? I need to replace my Hard Drive due to it needing to be replaced for various reasons. Now, I know how to make a...
  6. Question Regarding Activation in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question Regarding Activation in Windows 10: I want to know, what would happen if Windows 10 is used without activation. I came to know through one of my friend that Windows 10 comes for free,officially. He directed me to this website https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10, to corroborate his...
  7. Question regarding windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question regarding windows 10: I am running an hp PC with windows 10 running in it And facing some issues I wan't to do a system restore But the problem is that if I do it then I will get back to windows 8 as it was my original os and I upgraded it to windows 10 during free update period ... So the...
  8. Two questions regarding the new Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Two questions regarding the new Edge browser: Windows 1909 Will the new Chromium Edge browser due to be deployed on the 15th January automatically uninstall Edge HTML? Also, does anyone know if the IE mode in the new Edge version is more secure than using normal IE? Thanks. 148227
  9. question regarding windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question regarding windows 10: Is there any App (preferably free) that will work with Windows 10 that can create photo collages.?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-regarding-windows-10/6413a3cf-7b66-4c46-9ae8-4fcae635c385
  10. Question Regarding the Win 10 Update Process

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question Regarding the Win 10 Update Process: Hello, When downloading and installing a Win 10 update (in this case, Win 10 Cumulative Update KB4462919 for Version 1803), what is the sequence of events that are supposed to occur? To clarify, right now my computer is in the process of attempting to install this update and...