Windows 10: Two questions...Restoring Windows 10 vs unregistering the installation on the computer

Discus and support Two questions...Restoring Windows 10 vs unregistering the installation on the computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a dilemma. I just updated an older ASUS i3 computer that had not been updated for a few years. It took a while, after running into errors,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NFLMVP, Apr 15, 2021.

1. NFLMVP Win User

Two questions...Restoring Windows 10 vs unregistering the installation on the computer

I have a dilemma.

I just updated an older ASUS i3 computer that had not been updated for a few years. It took a while, after running into errors, because I was running an unsupported, older version of windows. I reinstalled Windows 10 from USB to get past the errors. Long story short, I am currently running Windows 10 20H2.

Here's my dilemma. I want to deregister the computer and give it to my daughter, hoping that all she would have to do is register it. To set it up, I obviously had to sign into Microsoft but other than signing in to Microsoft, I don't have any personal data on the computer. Is there an option for me to simply log out and have it still ready to go for my daughter?

If not, my next concern is resetting it. The computer was originally a Windows 8 computer but when I bought it used, an unlicensed copy of Windows 10 had been installed so I had to purchase a license key and it has been running Windows 10 ever since.

My concern with resetting the computer is that if I try to restore from the drive that I might end up with Windows 8. The other option has me downloading Windows 10 from media. Bottom line, I don't really want to go through all of that again.

Am I wrong about restoring from the drive, now that Windows 10 is running?

:)

NFLMVP, Apr 15, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 15, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Two questions...Restoring Windows 10 vs unregistering the installation on the computer

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Two questions...Restoring Windows 10 vs unregistering the installation on the computer [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Two questions...Restoring Windows 10 vs unregistering the installation on the computer - Similar Threads - questions Restoring unregistering

2. Two questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two questions.: openssh SSH server what exactly is it and in services what is SshdBroker, description is <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 > . submitted by /u/CollateralJustice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdbpsy/two_questions/
  3. two questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    two questions: I am legally blind with only a litle sight. Nearly all printing on c0mputer is tones of grey. Can I change it to`black I use a two in one laptop. My onscreen keyboard has stopped working...HELPPPP Gillian Please us LARGE SIZE FONT TO REPLY...
  4. backup and restore: Windows 7 vs. 10

backup and restore: Windows 7 vs. 10: Windows 7 Backup and Restore had an option to create a system image, which I included with the backup files on an external drive. What is the Windows 10 backup System Image equivalent, and how is it created?...
  5. Two questions,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two questions,: 1.Where do i get the Realtek Hd Audio manager at? It was on this system before but after i had to reinstall windows now its not installed, so i have no speakers none what so ever, is there a place to download it? 2. For some reason when i restart my computer it goes to the...
  6. two questions....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two questions....: 1. Is Windows Defender supposed to run no-stop in the systray after re-booting? Mine doesn't...?? 2. If I try and activate anything in the Windows 10 menu, it says I need to run an ap, but doesn't list any aps to chose from?...
  7. Back up and restore - two questions

Back up and restore - two questions: Question one: what is the difference between backup and restore (Windows 7), which I find via the control panel and the backup utility in the new settings menu? Specifically which is better by which I mean faster, more reliable easy to use. (see images below) Question two:...
  8. Windows 10 Restore question?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 Restore question?: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. I purchased a second Seagate Back-up Plus 2 TB external HD and used the Windows OS backup feature to make an image of my PC. It took about 5 hours to complete the image. Upon completion I looked at the image on the external HD and...
  9. Clean install vs refresh or restore

Clean install vs refresh or restore: Back with XP/7 and maybe 8 doing a format and clean install was the prefered way to install an OS or to fix errors I have updated to win10 from 8 which carried over all my previously installed programs, but was considering a clean install via usb and reinstalling all the...
  10. two questions

in Windows 10 Support
    two questions: i am gonna format my windows 10 ,is my windows store apps removed from my microsoft account ? and where is the cache of microsoft edge i mean the websites and favorites and the saved pages ? are they all in the same folder? 89197