Windows 10: two questions....

Discus and support two questions.... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; 1. Is Windows Defender supposed to run no-stop in the systray after re-booting? Mine doesn't...?? 2. If I try and activate anything in the Windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by courtenayguy, Nov 29, 2018.

1. two questions....

1. Is Windows Defender supposed to run no-stop in the systray after re-booting? Mine doesn't...??

2. If I try and activate anything in the Windows 10 menu, it says I need to run an ap, but doesn't list any aps to chose from?

:)

courtenayguy, Nov 29, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Shuyin03 Win User
    New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Boatvan Win User

two questions....

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

two questions....

1. two questions.... - Similar Threads - questions

2. cloning C: System Drive to SSD questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    cloning C: System Drive to SSD questions: I seek clarification for three groups of questions I have about cloning my C: Drive to SSD 1) On my C: HDD (Windows 10) there was still a 60 GB Recovery Partition with the original W8. I have deleted this and extended the main partition with the 60 GB (I did this mainly...
  3. cloning C: System Drive to SSD questions

in Windows 10 Support
    cloning C: System Drive to SSD questions: I seek clarification for three groups of questions I have about cloning my C: Drive to SSD 1) On my C: HDD (Windows 10) there was still a 60 GB Recovery Partition with the original W8. I have deleted this and extended the main partition with the 60 GB (I did this mainly...
  4. Question on Seperate Partitions & System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question on Seperate Partitions & System Image: Thanks to this site I am regular Macrium user for System Images. I have read here that it is a good idea to split your OS (C Drive) and your music/docs/videos (to say D Drive) into separate partions. This results in a faster System image to create and restore due to the...
  5. Slideshow Lockscreen Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slideshow Lockscreen Question: This is probably a stupid question but is there a limit to how many photos can be on the lockscreen slideshow? Because I wanted to have it cycle through a bunch of quotes but I'm not sure how many it'll take......
  6. Windows 8, to Windows 10 product key question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 8, to Windows 10 product key question: Hello everyone, I purchased my laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed (32bit). Couple years later I completed the free upgrade to Windows 10 (also 32bit). Now, I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 from 32bit to 64 bit, however, when I am asked to enter the product key, I...
  7. Office Sharing Question...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Sharing Question...: So I added a new computer to my paid Office 365 subscription and that shows up on my installs page. My silly question is how can I verify that it is indeed my paid subscription on the new computer and not a trial or what came loaded with the computer as a trial. Sorry about...
  8. A question or two for the forum ( community ) and a comment or two.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question or two for the forum ( community ) and a comment or two.: The last time I came here I was unaware of the decorum of this group; however, Richard said I did ok and was welcome back. I thank him for his advice and input. Again I apologize to Greg C. for not knowing and I am thankful for the help he gave me. The things you guys do...
  9. This is a test question again, please ignore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is a test question again, please ignore: This is a test question again, please ignore. How's the weather? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-a-test-question-again-please-ignore/27c129e4-926e-4736-9ad3-1236a9144741
  10. QA TEST This is a test question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    QA TEST This is a test question: hi this is a test question, please feel free and do NOT claim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/qa-test-this-is-a-test-question/8dfcc7f0-4f6b-4b8b-993e-01ff5f75471b