Windows 10: Two random folders appeared on my desktop

Discus and support Two random folders appeared on my desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The folders are named views and options I dont think its a virus or anything but if anyone knows what it is and why it randomly appeared on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Atomiks24, May 15, 2020.

1. Two random folders appeared on my desktop

The folders are named views and options I dont think its a virus or anything but if anyone knows what it is and why it randomly appeared on my desktop please tell me

submitted by /u/Atomiks24
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Atomiks24, May 15, 2020
  2. Partzzz Win User

Help! Random desktop scrollbar appeared

Hi,
    After last night my icons were suddenly arranged as if in list mode (as if you had clicked ctrl+alt+6 on the desktop)
    now that its been put back, then this random scrollbar has appeared to the right and i cannot seem to get rid of it, please help !

Two random folders appeared on my desktop [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Patrick

Partzzz, May 15, 2020
  3. Random folders appearing to my new hard drive

You need to find out what is creating them exactly, right click the folders and see what they are tied to.

eidairaman1, May 15, 2020
  4. Two random folders appeared on my desktop

Windows 10 - Icons appear on Desktop but not Desktop Folder

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that desktop icon shortcuts does not appear in the Desktop folder in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the above information was helpful. if you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you

Sayan_Ghosh, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Two random folders appeared on my desktop

1. Two random folders appeared on my desktop - Similar Threads - random folders appeared

2. Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop: Hi,Somewhere I must have deleted the Downloads and Custom Office Templates folders. Everyday, the 2 folders appear on my Desktop.I do see Download folder in Default, Public and my user account. Nothing on Custom Office Templates in any of them.How do I get rid of the ones...
  3. Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop: Hi,Somewhere I must have deleted the Downloads and Custom Office Templates folders. Everyday, the 2 folders appear on my Desktop.I do see Download folder in Default, Public and my user account. Nothing on Custom Office Templates in any of them.How do I get rid of the ones...
  4. Two Downloads folder appearing in my PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Downloads folder appearing in my PC.: As you can see there is a OneDrive Folder along with other Default folders, Let me show it a little clearer.Now. I did something, I forgot how I did it that's the problem, in an attempt to save the backups of the downloaded files to onedrive, I seem to have changed the...
  5. Two Downloads folder appearing in my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Downloads folder appearing in my PC.: As you can see there is a OneDrive Folder along with other Default folders, Let me show it a little clearer.Now. I did something, I forgot how I did it that's the problem, in an attempt to save the backups of the downloaded files to onedrive, I seem to have changed the...
  6. Two Downloads folder appearing in my PC.

7. Random folders appearing in my Desktop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random folders appearing in my Desktop Windows 10: many folders appeared randomly in my Desktop as you can see in the Screeshot.What ist the reason? can i get rid of these folders by simply deleting them?I appriciate the help....
  8. Random folders appearing in my Desktop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random folders appearing in my Desktop Windows 10: many folders appeared randomly in my Desktop as you can see in the Screeshot.What ist the reason? can i get rid of these folders by simply deleting them?I appriciate the help....
  9. Random folders appearing in my Desktop Windows 10

10. Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop: Hi folks - I sometimes look at my main production system and notice that every so often this folder appears on my desktop: [img] The solution is to delete the empty folder, but I sense that since the title is in hex, it might be from the registry. Seems encrypted. Has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. two folders icons on my desktop