Windows 10: Two .reg Files for 20H2 and 21H1

Discus and support Two .reg Files for 20H2 and 21H1 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; On Beeping Computer or Tech Radar (can't remember witch) They have a .reg file to prevent 20H2 from being upgraded to 21H1. Also a .reg file that you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lucydog, May 14, 2021.

1. lucydog Win User

Two .reg Files for 20H2 and 21H1

On Beeping Computer or Tech Radar (can't remember witch) They have a .reg file to prevent 20H2 from being upgraded to 21H1. Also a .reg file that you can use to go back to letting Windows Update update to 21H1. Anyone use these ? I have them downloaded . Are they safe to use ?

:)

lucydog, May 14, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Should I update to 20H2 or wait for 21H1?

Welcome to Ten Forums.

To go from 1909 to the next version, whether that's 20H2 or 21H1, is a major feature update that will install new system files and save your old system to a Windows.old folder. This can take up to an hour to install, whether you go for 20H1 or wait for 21H2.

The update from 20H1 to 21H2 however will then be a minor feature update, a small enablement package that turns on dormant features and installs in a few minutes, just like a cumulative update. I'd go for 20H2 now, the update to 21H1 will then be quick when it's released - plus it will be optional so you can wait to see if others report problems before deciding to update.

With any major upgrade, it is a wise precaution to make a system image of your current system before you start. Many here use Macrium Reflect Free for that purpose.

3. Adapting .REG Files.

Thanks KeithM for the suggestions.

I will have a go at that later!

I assume that I can add the completed working menu to ALL 7 sections that you have listed to make it available wherever I am in the OS, is that correct please?

Thanks in advance.

Paul Black, May 14, 2021
  4. Globespy Win User

KB5001330 Windows 10 Insider Beta 19043.928 21H1 and RP 19042.928 20H2 Insider

Perhaps try the only thing that worked for me (posted on the previous page). I had gone through every other option being suggested here:
    KB5001330 Windows 10 Insider Beta 19043.928 21H1 and RP 19042.928 20H2

Globespy, May 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Two .reg Files for 20H2 and 21H1 - Similar Threads - reg Files 20H2

2. Upgrade fail from 20H2 to 21H1.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade fail from 20H2 to 21H1.: I've had problem upgrading my pc .. i couldnt upgrade form 2004 to 20H2 or from 20H2 to 21H1 .. it shows the Windows update and then I download it and then it fails.. and then the update disappears.. and then when I try thru upgrade assistant it fails and rolls back.. and if...
  3. last day update 21h1 20h2

last day update 21h1 20h2: last day update 21h1 version my pc get hang and showing blue screen of death what i do now suggest something. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-day-update-21h1-20h2/58a9a1ce-b75d-47b1-8c3c-dcef4c3d08ee
  4. Windows will not update to 20H2 or 21H1

Windows will not update to 20H2 or 21H1: My Windows is stuck on Version 1909 Build 18363.1556I have tried all standard troubleshooting, as well as sfc, driver updates, updating via MCT and Windows Update Assistant. None have worked. Sometimes it returns the error code "0XC1900101 – 0x20017. Installation Failed in...
  5. Reg file Please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reg file Please: Hello Had a look round the net to see if I can find a reg file to remove digital signatures tab in Windows 10 1809 x64 context menu properties for .exe files.Plenty of other edits but none for what I need. Does anyone have such a reg file or can point me to regedit to remove...
  6. Adapting .REG Files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  7. Adapting .REG Files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  8. .reg file error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .reg file error: Hi,I tried to change windows 10 font style by running a reg file- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "Segoe UI (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe...
  9. Import reg file in a batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Import reg file in a batch file: Hi, i've a reg file to mod windows 10 that works properly, but if i import it in a batch file it doesn't work. this is the reg file i've called Windows10.reg Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  10. Downloading a reg file.

in Browsers and Email
    Downloading a reg file.: This is not a problem just a observation. I noticed something strange when I went to download Brink's reg file to bring back the Photo Viewer. Either Pale Moon or Windows 10 thinks it's a .TS video file. [img] Has anyone else notice this when downloading a reg file? 40086