Windows 10: Two registry entries for excluding drivers in updates

Discus and support Two registry entries for excluding drivers in updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have set my group policy to exclude drivers in Windows updates. This adds the value ExcludeWUDriversinQualityUpdates to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wobitancrawfodi, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Two registry entries for excluding drivers in updates

I have set my group policy to exclude drivers in Windows updates. This adds the value ExcludeWUDriversinQualityUpdates to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate. Whilst I was looking at setting something else I also discovered the same value in another key.. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings I read this: Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10 but this UX setting is not affected by changing the group policy.

:)

Wobitancrawfodi, Jul 12, 2021

2. How Can I Exclude Windows Printer Driver Updates?

Hi Shawn,

We appreciate the workaround you've provided in this thread to help more people who has the same issue. As another suggestion, we advise that you do these steps to exclude driver update during Windows 10 updates. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Update and security.
    • Go to Windows Update.
    • Select Advanced options link.
    • Clear the Include driver updates when I update Windows option to complete the task.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jul 12, 2021
  3. FLT98 Win User
    How Can I Exclude Windows Printer Driver Updates?

This option is unavailable in my Windows 10 "include driver updates when I update Windows."

FLT98, Jul 12, 2021
  4. Two registry entries for excluding drivers in updates

How Can I Exclude Windows Printer Driver Updates?

Hi David,

We understand that you encounter the same issue regarding exclude Windows printer driver updates. Just to ask, have you already tried the steps suggested by the other members of the community in this thread? How is it going?

We will look forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

Two registry entries for excluding drivers in updates

1. Two registry entries for excluding drivers in updates - Similar Threads - registry entries excluding

2. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  3. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  4. Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application: I installed my windows 11 with Shadow Defender. I wish to be able to be able to keep my Windows Core file intact, but able to enable Apps download from Microsoft Store to be updated as needed and activities in the application saved, while in Shadow mode.Deep Shadow have the...
  5. Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application: I installed my windows 11 with Shadow Defender. I wish to be able to be able to keep my Windows Core file intact, but able to enable Apps download from Microsoft Store to be updated as needed and activities in the application saved, while in Shadow mode.Deep Shadow have the...
  6. Registry Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Entry: Does anyone know what this registry entry is? When I run McAfee Quick Clean this registry entry can never be removed, is there a reason? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}...
  7. registry entries

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    registry entries: ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/registry-entries/739b6f1f-5482-41d7-98cc-c9cfc7df078c
  8. Entries in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Entries in Registry: Hello, While making some registry editing, found 17 entries named "Sign.Media". Don't know what it is, have not any program this name. Can I remove them from the registry ? Answers will be appreciated Thanks 140198
  9. Invalid Registry for Entry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid Registry for Entry: HELP!!!!! I cannot open any photos as I keep getting Invalid Registry for Entry message. What is that? Up until a few days ago I had no problem. Can anyone help me?...
  10. Garbled Registry Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled Registry Entries: Hello, Was looking at registry to make a backup of some entries and saw the following garbled entries. Was wondering what this was all about. Recently, my machine, after latest windows updates, has been having issues waking up after Hibernate. This issue seemed to be...