Windows 10: Two screens, full screen online video reverts to window

Discus and support Two screens, full screen online video reverts to window in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello! I have two screens connected to my system, one with VGA that is my main screen where I work and a TV with HDMI that I use to watch some serials... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by spapakons, Jan 19, 2021.

1. spapakons Win User

Two screens, full screen online video reverts to window

Hello!

I have two screens connected to my system, one with VGA that is my main screen where I work and a TV with HDMI that I use to watch some serials that I miss while they air. So I go to my favorite TV channel website and start watching the last episode I missed. I click to make the video full screen on the secondary screen while I work at the primary screen. The problem is that the video reverts to window mode after a few seconds, it doesn't stay full screen. This happens only in dual screen mode. I have no problem when I only have one screen active. It happens in both Firefox and Microsoft Edge. How can I solve this? I want the video to stay in full screen mode in the secondary screen while working on the primary screen. I believe it has something to do with losing focus. Please help.

I found a workaround, a Firefox plugin that forces an online video to fill the screen and that combined with F11 (full screen browsing) does the job. The problem is that the video window is simply stretched to fill the screen, so it is not the same quality with actually enabling full screen mode, Any help appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

:)

spapakons, Jan 19, 2021
  2. N-Gen Win User

Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 19, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Two screens, full screen online video reverts to window - Similar Threads - screens full screen

2. Can someone help getting an online video to play full screen in Powerpoint? This is for my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help getting an online video to play full screen in Powerpoint? This is for my...: I have been creating personalized Powerpoints for my classroom. I've noticed I can get my video to play full screen if I use a link but cannot get my video to play full screen when I insert an online video. Using a link causes a delay because I must wait for a new window to...
  3. Videos brighten in full screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Videos brighten in full screen: I just got a Sense 27" monitor and am facing a strange problem. I use MPC-BE player and when playing in a window all is okay. When I go to full screen the picture gets very bright and returns to normal returning to window. Don't know if it's the screen or windows settings or...
  4. Why is my video not in full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my video not in full screen?: Recently some other people and I have been recording games using the Xbox Game Bar, but the result is the video being smaller and moved towards one corner of the screen. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for helping [IMG]...
  5. Full screen online videos have display changes automatically applied?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full screen online videos have display changes automatically applied?: I got a new laptop a week ago (HP Envy 15 2020 model) and I've noticed when I put an online video (like YouTube) in full screen, after a second or two it's like an automatic filter or enhancement is applied, and it usually just adds a little brightness more than anything....
  6. Screen goes black after playing online videos in full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black after playing online videos in full screen: I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 with Windows 10. My laptop has started going black a couple of seconds after putting an online video full screen on Google Chrome. My screen brightness is on the lowest setting and the keyboard is unlit. Every time it takes me to the...
  7. Video lagging in full screen mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video lagging in full screen mode: Sometimes when i switch my videos to full screen mode it stutters in players . Vlc player , Pot player , KM player and even in windows default player. Can anyone tell me how can i solve this problem? My current Gpu is Strix RX480 and it is running on latest drivers....
  8. Videos freezing in full screen.

Videos freezing in full screen.: Hi. I am having a problem playing videos in full screen. No matter what player I use they will freeze. They play fine if theyre not in full screen. They will play in full screen if I move the mouse constantly. But if I stop moving the mouse the screen freezes. The audio will...
  9. blank screen after watching videos in full screen

blank screen after watching videos in full screen: Hi, After I stream a video in fullscreen mode, when I try to close out of it the screen goes blank- it just turns white. The only way I can get out of it is to use ctrl alt delte and bring up the task manager, however I then run into the issue where I attempt to close the...
  10. On the subject of full-screen videos

in Windows 10 Support
    On the subject of full-screen videos: My partner's computer is a months-old laptop that came with Win10 Home. She's had problems with full-screen videos for almost its entire lifespan, though the problem did ease off for a while before returning in full force. When playing videos full screen, the videos will skip...