Windows 10: Two screens program interference

Discus and support Two screens program interference in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a rather odd issue in that I have a Dell minitower PC (under a year old and decent specifications) running Windows 10 Pro and linked to two Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SebastianD, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Two screens program interference

I have a rather odd issue in that I have a Dell minitower PC (under a year old and decent specifications) running Windows 10 Pro and linked to two Dell screens.

Windows updates are up to date, I have up to date Intel video drivers installed, the screen drivers are also up to date.

If I have, say, my QuickBooks application open on screen one but then power on screen two, the QuickBooks application is closed and the Desktop QuickBooks icon is relocated from near to the foot of the screen to a position near the top of the screen. When I launch QuickBooks again, the application works again and the Desktop icon relocates to its customary position at the foot of the screen.

I appreciate this might appear a "niggle" rather than a "problem" but 1) it is disheartening to find I have to reinput data in, for instance, a long invoice which were lost when the application closed but 2) I am concerned this might be indicative of an issue which might be a harbinger of something worse to come, if the matter is not properly resolved.

Does anyone have any experience and/or suggestions for me, please?

:)

SebastianD, Mar 19, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Two screens program interference

can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Two screens program interference

1. Two screens program interference - Similar Threads - screens program interference

2. Two WiFi Router- One SSID - Two Password - 2Different Floor in same building- Interferance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two WiFi Router- One SSID - Two Password - 2Different Floor in same building- Interferance: Recently, I was visiting a place and rented a hotel room and got into a wired situation:Situation: In the hotel, each floor has separate WiFi routers installed, all the routers have the same SSID eg- XYZ_Hotel_WiFi, but each router has a different password. Issue: The...
  3. Two WiFi Router- One SSID - Two Password - 2Different Floor in same building- Interferance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two WiFi Router- One SSID - Two Password - 2Different Floor in same building- Interferance: Recently, I was visiting a place and rented a hotel room and got into a wired situation:Situation: In the hotel, each floor has separate WiFi routers installed, all the routers have the same SSID eg- XYZ_Hotel_WiFi, but each router has a different password. Issue: The...
  4. Is it possible for two computers on the same network to interfere with each other so that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible for two computers on the same network to interfere with each other so that...: Here are the details. About a year ago, I had to borrow, with her permission, my wife's computer so I could take a college exam online. Mine was not working properly. I have not used her computer since then. Both computers have different passwords. Now, Some of my...
  5. Is it possible for two computers on the same network to interfere with each other so that...

Is it possible for two computers on the same network to interfere with each other so that...: Here are the details. About a year ago, I had to borrow, with her permission, my wife's computer so I could take a college exam online. Mine was not working properly. I have not used her computer since then. Both computers have different passwords. Now, Some of my...
  6. Mcaffee Interference

Mcaffee Interference: Mcaffee constantly interferes with Windows Defender, Core Isolation features are told to be turned off, McAffee breaks the Microsoft Firewall and replaces it with their own and it's getting annoying! I can never think I'm safe because every day I get a warning sign and I...
  7. Taskbar apps and full screen game interference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar apps and full screen game interference: When playing Full Screen games if I click down at the bottom of the screen where my task bar would be positioned it ignores my game and clicks on the icon on the task bar even though the taskbar is NOT visible on the screen....
  8. Two Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Programs: When I was having trouble with my computer someone I spoke with download two programs and they are on my desktop. I have taken a small screenshot of them and maybe you can tell me what they are or what they are used for. Also, I downloaded the one on the right but did not...
  9. Line interference

in Windows 10 Support
    Line interference: Hello, About a week ago, this started happening in Slack and OneNote, and I just noticed it happening in Discord as well. I have no idea what words to use to search for this problem, so I don't know if anyone else has come across it. This odd grid of white lines happens on...
  10. Unwanted interference

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted interference: How do I get this (explicative) McAfee software off of my laptop? These (explicative) advertisements are blocking a full 1/4 of my screen! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unwanted-interference/83bbe8c0-9774-4ef3-8da8-bde2bffb800e