Windows 10: Two search options?

Discus and support Two search options? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why does Windows 10 TP has two separate and similar search functions, one on the Start Menu, and the another on the Taskbar? The only difference is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by derek10, Oct 3, 2014.

1. derek10 Win User

Two search options?

Why does Windows 10 TP has two separate and similar search functions, one on the Start Menu, and the another on the Taskbar?
    The only difference is the latter one having web suggestions, which could be added to the Start Menu search!

Thank you

:)

derek10, Oct 3, 2014

2. How do I install Windows 10 on a flash drive onto a new hard drive?

I need a very simple, step-by-step instructions. Seriously, SIMPLE! So far I cannot find any adequate explanation or detailed steps on how to do it.

I built a new computer.

I have a flash drive.

I have a windows 10 code.

I do not have the disk, I just have the code.

The hard drive is brand new.

The motherboard is a LGA1150.

All I see on this website is how to upgrade, how to upgrade, how to upgrade, buy a computer with Windows 10, and nothing about entering a product key, installing the OS to a flash drive, and on to a new hard drive.

I do not understand why Microsoft has to make this complicated. There should be a box that says: enter product key. Then it should route you to a page asking you how you would like to install it. Then once you answer (flash drive in this case) instructions
    are shown to guide you onto how to install it with the install button on the page. It should say in simple text: This is for new hard drives. Very simple. Seriously Microsoft! do this.

Two plus Two, Oct 3, 2014
  3. farby Win User
    Nokia 5230 two page keyboard to search contacts

No... Can't do anything..

farby, Oct 3, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Two search options?

The new one on the taskbar is somehow going to be tied to the 'Cortana' thing when it gets up and running.

Edwin, Oct 3, 2014
  5. derek10 Win User
    Many thanks, I was sure I was missing something!

derek10, Oct 3, 2014
  6. caperjack Win User
    didn't even notice the search on the taskbar.

edit ,iam missing the charms bar already

caperjack, Oct 3, 2014
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Me too -- seemed a bit strange having what looked like identical search functions.

Maybe I'm being old fashioned here - but if I'm looking for something on my PC I'd like to be able to restrict the search to say Local PC or LAN - especially if I have a shedload of HDD's or storage spaces connected. I know I can use File explorer / Windows explorer but it would be good to do it from the start menu since that comes up on the desktop already.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 4, 2014
  8. caperjack Win User

Two search options?

when you right click on the start button you also get a search option and this one takes you to what to me looks like the one to use ,looks like the old win8.1 charms bar search

caperjack, Oct 4, 2014
  9. bromanbro Win User
    This.

*Sad

bromanbro, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Two search options?

1. Two search options? - Similar Threads - search options

2. Account options dont work, start, search dont work, windows apps crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account options dont work, start, search dont work, windows apps crashes: Hello I have a problem with account switch. Once I changed to local account, I cant go back to admin. Also, start and search bars, as well as other windows 10 pro apps dont work. I have tried to restore over cmd and task manager to reset startexperiencehost and shell but it...
  3. Account options dont work, start, search dont work, windows apps crashes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account options dont work, start, search dont work, windows apps crashes: Hello I have a problem with account switch. Once I changed to local account, I cant go back to admin. Also, start and search bars, as well as other windows 10 pro apps dont work. I have tried to restore over cmd and task manager to reset startexperiencehost and shell but it...
  4. Account options dont work, start, search dont work, windows apps crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Search box disappeared. What are my options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search box disappeared. What are my options?: My windows search box disappeared a few days ago and it has been replaced with a magnifying glass icon. I've tried following every guide I've found regarding this issue and none have helped. When I try to right click on the taskbar and hover over the "search, the "show search...
  6. Windows 10 Search box disappeared. What are my options?

Windows 10 Search box disappeared. What are my options?: My windows search box disappeared a few days ago and it has been replaced with a magnifying glass icon. I've tried following every guide I've found regarding this issue and none have helped. When I try to right click on the taskbar and hover over the "search, the "show search...
  7. Windows 10 Search box disappeared. What are my options?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Can't select an option on the search bar

Can't select an option on the search bar: Hello,Something odd have appeared on my laptop.When I'm searching for something that can be launched with different option you should be able to select that option by navigating with the right arrow key.In my case that navigation doesn't work. I can still navigate up and down...
  9. Can't select an option on the search bar

in Cortana
    Can't select an option on the search bar: Hello,Something odd have appeared on my laptop.When I'm searching for something that can be launched with different option you should be able to select that option by navigating with the right arrow key.In my case that navigation doesn't work. I can still navigate up and down...
  10. Can't select an option on the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming