Windows 10: Two separate users on two different drives

Discus and support Two separate users on two different drives in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lincoln E. Smith, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Two separate users on two different drives

Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data, downloads, documents, etc. onto a separate drive? Ideally, everything of theirs would be located on this second drive because they will be migrating this drive to a different machine in a year or two.

:)

Lincoln E. Smith, Jan 18, 2023
Thema:

Two separate users on two different drives

1. Two separate users on two different drives - Similar Threads - separate users different

2. Using two separate microphones with different settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using two separate microphones with different settings?: I have my Shure SM7B and a Logiteh C920. Sometimes, I will want to make the C920 microphone as bad as I can possibly make it I think it would be pretty funny in a call with friends, but I want my Shure to stay with its default settings. I have a stream deck that I can use to...
  3. Using two separate microphones with different settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using two separate microphones with different settings?: I have my Shure SM7B and a Logiteh C920. Sometimes, I will want to make the C920 microphone as bad as I can possibly make it I think it would be pretty funny in a call with friends, but I want my Shure to stay with its default settings. I have a stream deck that I can use to...
  4. TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP: Hi guys, I have managed to duplicate and project my browser from my laptop to a different screen clicking on the Windows and P buttons however I am trying to have a different browser opened on each screen, which I am struggling to achieve. Please could one of you kind folks...
  5. TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP: Hi guys, I have managed to duplicate and project my browser from my laptop to a different screen clicking on the Windows and P buttons however I am trying to have a different browser opened on each screen, which I am struggling to achieve. Please could one of you kind folks...
  6. Two separate users on two different drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two separate users on two different drives: Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data, downloads, documents, etc. onto a separate drive? Ideally, everything of theirs would be located on this second drive because they...
  7. having two pagefile.sys on separate drives

in Windows 10 Support
    having two pagefile.sys on separate drives: I have two pagefile.sys, first one on my 250GB SSD and second one on my 2TB HDD, I use HDD for games and storing video materials, is it good to have two pagefile.sys? 159170
  8. What's the best way to have two separate drive spaces on the same HDD for two users?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best way to have two separate drive spaces on the same HDD for two users?: I've got a 2TB HDD (additional storage, not the main SSD where the windows install is) - an admin user and a standard user. I want the admin obv to have access to everything, but the standard user to have their own storage on a portion of the additional HDD but not to be able...
  9. Two users, two different environments on a laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two users, two different environments on a laptop: Likely a newbie question... I don't have a laptop so I can't check right now. Windows 10 x64 Pro two users. Is it possible to have two environments / desktops (maybe something like admin and guest?) on a laptop? which desktop showing up depending on the login credentials?...
  10. Two different user folders?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two different user folders?: It seems like I have 2 users folders One with path C:\Users\[username] and the other [username] I only notice this if I pin the user folder to Quick Access. Pictures attached. 48467