Windows 10: Two seperated Desktops, Onedrive desktop is the up to date one my computer is using?

Discus and support Two seperated Desktops, Onedrive desktop is the up to date one my computer is using? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; https://imgur.com/a/P6nWSRp I'm confused. Seems like my computer uses the Onedrive desktop instead of my user martj/desktop path? Can I merge them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grimgold, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Grimgold Win User

Two seperated Desktops, Onedrive desktop is the up to date one my computer is using?

https://imgur.com/a/P6nWSRp

I'm confused.

Seems like my computer uses the Onedrive desktop instead of my user martj/desktop path? Can I merge them back?

:)

Grimgold, Jun 26, 2019

2. OneDrive Desktop

Me

All the apps on my desktop seem to be in Onedrive/desktop. I have unlinked my computer from Onedrive because it was duplicating everything and filling up my harddrive. I have the actual desktop in Users/[myname]/Desktop and I would like to use THIS desktop.
    Why is the OneDrive desktop still showing itself instead? I guess what I'm asking is how to choose what "desktop" displays when I open my computer.

FNeedsHelp, Jun 26, 2019
  3. OneDrive Desktop

Did you right click the OneDrive icon in the Taskbar

Click Settings

Click AutoSave

Click in the list box next to desktop then choose 'This PC'

Andre Da Costa, Jun 26, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Two seperated Desktops, Onedrive desktop is the up to date one my computer is using?

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Two seperated Desktops, Onedrive desktop is the up to date one my computer is using? - Similar Threads - seperated Desktops Onedrive

2. One of my desktop computers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One of my desktop computers not working: I hooked up a new router from spectrum my other computers and devices are working fine my one desktop computer keeps coming up unidentified Ntwrk or hidden net work and then when I do the troubleshooting and try to do the fixes it says under the ethernet doesn’t have an IP...
  3. One of my desktop computers not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One of my desktop computers not working: I hooked up a new router from spectrum my other computers and devices are working fine my one desktop computer keeps coming up unidentified Ntwrk or hidden net work and then when I do the troubleshooting and try to do the fixes it says under the ethernet doesn’t have an IP...
  4. One of my desktop computers not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Two computers, one desktop in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two computers, one desktop in OneDrive: Recently I bought a minicomputer for the purpose of mirroring my main computer in case it dies. I immediately did a clean install on the mini to get rid of a bunch of stuff I don't need and don't want on the mini. In fact, I have gone through many clean installs trying to...
  6. Two computers, one desktop in OneDrive

Two computers, one desktop in OneDrive: Recently I bought a minicomputer for the purpose of mirroring my main computer in case it dies. I immediately did a clean install on the mini to get rid of a bunch of stuff I don't need and don't want on the mini. In fact, I have gone through many clean installs trying to...
  7. desktop on two different computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop on two different computers: I don't know if this is the right group to be asking this or if this is a Office 365 question.I have windows 10 on my main computer and on a laptop that I use to run a powerpoint presentation. Both are connected to my Microsoft account to enable me to use word, power point,...
  8. desktop on two different computers

desktop on two different computers: I don't know if this is the right group to be asking this or if this is a Office 365 question.I have windows 10 on my main computer and on a laptop that I use to run a powerpoint presentation. Both are connected to my Microsoft account to enable me to use word, power point,...
  9. desktop on two different computers

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Onedrive syncing desktops of two computers and merging them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive syncing desktops of two computers and merging them: Hi I have the same problem as in the following thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/one-onedrive-account-two-computers-my-desktop/ed565546-0af5-4766-bdf8-730087dd65e4 However, I did not understand the solution as it was not...