Windows 10: Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me!

Discus and support Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft community, I am facing a problem related to windows. Actually there are 2 Folders in C drive named windows, but they have different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Reyan asif, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me!

Dear Microsoft community, I am facing a problem related to windows. Actually there are 2 Folders in C drive named windows, but they have different sizes and Whenever I try to rename either one of them, It says access denied. Please help me fix it, Screenshots are given below.

:)

Reyan asif, Aug 4, 2022
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you concern related to the size of the folder displayed. Try these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Disable bitlocker
      and then check the folder size.
    2. We would also suggest you to open the folder and select all files and see the size of the contents.

Let us know if the size of the contents matches the folder size. If you see a difference, then the folder might be showing incorrect size.

Kindly reply us with the requested information to assist you better.

Awaiting for your response.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 4, 2022
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Aug 4, 2022
  4. Drone Win User

Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me!

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me!

1. Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me! - Similar Threads - Similar folders different

2. Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me!: Dear Microsoft community, I am facing a problem related to windows. Actually there are 2 Folders in C drive named windows, but they have different sizes and Whenever I try to rename either one of them, It says access denied. Please help me fix it, Screenshots are given below....
  3. Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me!: Dear Microsoft community, I am facing a problem related to windows. Actually there are 2 Folders in C drive named windows, but they have different sizes and Whenever I try to rename either one of them, It says access denied. Please help me fix it, Screenshots are given below....
  4. Deleting Only Files Similar to Another Folder on A Different Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Only Files Similar to Another Folder on A Different Folder: I was trying to download an updated version of PowerShell, but extracted the files in a folder I didn't want them in Program Files. I have the original ZIP folder, and now have it extracted to a separate folder this time. Is there a method easier than manually to select only...
  5. Deleting Only Files Similar to Another Folder on A Different Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Only Files Similar to Another Folder on A Different Folder: I was trying to download an updated version of PowerShell, but extracted the files in a folder I didn't want them in Program Files. I have the original ZIP folder, and now have it extracted to a separate folder this time. Is there a method easier than manually to select only...
  6. File vs Folder names similar, but different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File vs Folder names similar, but different: I'm trying to merge some files of mine that have a specific label to a folder with one of the words name in the folder name. The program refuses to let me do so, but it is what I want. How do I move the files into that specific folder? I've tried modifying the file name, but...
  7. File vs Folder names similar, but different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File vs Folder names similar, but different: I'm trying to merge some files of mine that have a specific label to a folder with one of the words name in the folder name. The program refuses to let me do so, but it is what I want. How do I move the files into that specific folder? I've tried modifying the file name, but...
  8. Two same folders have different "Size on Disk" ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two same folders have different "Size on Disk" ?: I have two identical folders on two separate USB HDDsI copied the folder from hdd1 to hdd2, when I look at their properties , their "size" is the same....but they have a different "size on disk" .... did the files in the folder get corrupted during the transfer ? should I...
  9. Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes: The storage distribution shows 11.5 GB in Temporary files but that folder has only 68.9 MB in reality. I tried running disk cleanup multiple times but it clearly didn't work. I started facing this problem when I initiated the 'Remove files' process and had to restart the...
  10. Two different user folders?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two different user folders?: It seems like I have 2 users folders One with path C:\Users\[username] and the other [username] I only notice this if I pin the user folder to Quick Access. Pictures attached. 48467