Windows 10: Two Step Login using Authenticator App for DEVICE WINDOWS login PERSONAL account

Discus and support Two Step Login using Authenticator App for DEVICE WINDOWS login PERSONAL account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to keep a child that constantly slinks around trying to see passwords or PINS off of my PC. I would like to know when my password is used and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VictoriaCPC, May 4, 2021.

1. Two Step Login using Authenticator App for DEVICE WINDOWS login PERSONAL account

I need to keep a child that constantly slinks around trying to see passwords or PINS off of my PC. I would like to know when my password is used and have the opportunity to deny via the Authenticator app OR for her to be required to put in the passcode generated by the Authenticator app which will stop her because I keep my phone with me. If I'm online trying to access my Microsoft account, I do get notifications from Authenticator to approve, but for logging in to Windows 10 at device startup, a password lets you in without notifications or additional 2nd step of any kind required. Why is t

:)

VictoriaCPC, May 4, 2021

2. Windows Microsoft account authentication

I have a valid Microsoft account and a Windows 10 PC with Hello/PIN account login enabled. I also have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed on an iPhone and configured for the Microsoft account. Additionally, I have two step authentication configured
    for the Microsoft account. With all of that said, I have become very exasperated while trying to unravel the various authentication paths (and their security implications) through this multi level login security scheme. I find the associated account security
    documentation to be woefully inadequate. Thus, I would like to pose the following list of questions for starters.

1. Does Windows Hello/PIN amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

2. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (without two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

3. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (with two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

4. If answers to both 2 and 3 are yes, then what does explicit set up of two step authentication do?

5. Does a coherent, comprehensive document explaining Microsoft account security configuration exist somewhere?

6. If the answer to 5 is yes, wherer is it?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas E. Davis, May 4, 2021
  3. martik777 Win User
    Unable to login to Paypal phone broken

I use an authenticator app on my phone for 2 step verification to login to paypal but my phone is broken so I can no longer get the code. I've tried using the microsoft authenticator app on another device but it's looking for a QR code to scan which I can't access since I can't login to paypal

Paypal tells me they is no way they can turn off the 2 step verification whjich means I cannot ever access my account.

There must be a way around this?

martik777, May 4, 2021
  4. ATIonion Win User

Two Step Login using Authenticator App for DEVICE WINDOWS login PERSONAL account

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Two Step Login using Authenticator App for DEVICE WINDOWS login PERSONAL account

1. Two Step Login using Authenticator App for DEVICE WINDOWS login PERSONAL account - Similar Threads - Step Login using

2. Restrict personal account login to OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restrict personal account login to OneDrive: We use Microsoft 365 and are looking to restrict users on our domain registered devices from linking a personal OneDrive account on their device.Can someone tell me how this is possible, potentially through defender for cloud apps?thanks,Jon...
  3. Authenticator app login issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator app login issues: I lost access to my authenticator app and can not gain access back. I also cannot do a backup due to having a new phone and apple id. How can I regain access?...
  4. Authenticator app login issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator app login issues: I lost access to my authenticator app and can not gain access back. I also cannot do a backup due to having a new phone and apple id. How can I regain access?...
  5. Using Microsoft Authenticator for Windows 10 Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Using Microsoft Authenticator for Windows 10 Login: We are currently in a hybrid environment with all endpoints managed through Endpoint Manager. All PC's are hybrid Azure AD joined and all user accounts are synced in Azure Active Directory as well. We have turned on the security feature to use Microsoft Authenticator app for...
  6. Login to Windows 10 on two computers using same Microsoft account login.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login to Windows 10 on two computers using same Microsoft account login.: I have a Windows 10 laptop that I log into with my Microsoft account. I am about to start using another Windows 10 laptop and wanted to know if I can also login to that computer with the same Microsoft account? If I do, will my OneDrive backup be overwrite my current laptop...
  7. Two login accounts

Two login accounts: My Windows 10 Pro shows two login accounts. Ones is Last Name one word and the other is First and Last name two words. The one word login account shows all my normal folders, etc. I can work with my files. All folders in the two word login account are there, but are empty....
  8. Two account to Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two account to Login: Hi everyone, So yesterday 21 Apr 2020 my Windows 10 went through an update, well there is always an update, isn't it? But I notice after the update yesterday, there are suddenly two options to log-in to my laptop: 1. one is "Lia" which is me, the administrator and the...
  9. Windows hello, Authenticator and two step verification

Windows hello, Authenticator and two step verification: I am struggling with a set of related Microsoft account login questions. It crosses some Windows Hello, password/PIN, Authenticator and two step verification boundaries. The question set up is as follows - 1. Valid Microsoft user account 2. Windows 10 PC with matching PIN...
  10. How to change a personal account login to a business login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a personal account login to a business login: Hi Community I have a new laptop for a new job. Before I recieved my new company email address I used a personal address to setup my laptop. However, now I have two logins for the machine. One for the laptop login and one for 365 and other programs. So, my question is;...